Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Sorry, but I had to do it! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=255546)

GrayGhost 05-26-2018 06:24 PM

Sorry, but I had to do it!

Sorry, but I had to do it! With all the coaches corner crap that’s been posted videos by Chris and others, I just had to post this. This could be the worst thing I’ve ever seen. Look at the condition of this, and realize how pathetic this is. They also have Davy Crockett and Isaac newton cuts in the auction and that’s only in the first couple pages and take a look at the rooms that starts the auction off. If you need a laugh a lot or cry a lot this is your month even more than usual

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/311/eddie-...-baseball.aspx

quinnsryche 05-26-2018 06:35 PM

Eddie Plank signed with a sharpie! It would be funny if it wasn't criminal. Look at the letter, they spelled associated wrong. OMG! Thanks for the laugh Scott!

khkco4bls 05-26-2018 07:30 PM

When does someone finally do prison time....OMG

mr2686 05-26-2018 08:51 PM

C'mon, this is a perfect example of Eddie Plank...the plumber.

mainemule 05-26-2018 09:33 PM

...yeah, signed Aug 13th, 2010....

Exhibitman 05-27-2018 08:56 AM

It's funny to us but these people are stealing from countless well-intentioned but naïve collectors and others. I wonder how many thousands, at this point, of people are out there proudly displaying these phony items, gifting them to beloved grandkids, etc. It is just sad.

thetruthisoutthere 05-27-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1780984)
It's funny to us but these people are stealing from countless well-intentioned but naïve collectors and others. I wonder how many thousands, at this point, of people are out there proudly displaying these phony items, gifting them to beloved grandkids, etc. It is just sad.

Adam, you are correct.

It is both disgusting and sad.

Both Scott Malack and Lee Trythall are without conscience.

Klrdds 05-27-2018 10:23 AM

The LOA is about as big a joke as the baseball itself. Even mentioning Thomas Yawkey....what a bunch of fecal matter that is !

Leon 05-27-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1781000)
Adam, you are correct.

It is both disgusting and sad.

Both Scott Malack and Lee Trythall are without conscience.

Seems very frustrating on many fronts lately. Authorities generally don't take a keen interest. That said, with the responses, or non-responses, to certain matters on this board.....on more than one occasion, I might understand their lack of wanting to get involved. However, if there is an 11 dollar shipping overcharge, well then, it's long winded debate and/or with pitchforks. Speaking for myself, it makes me want to go after the fraud less. None of the fraud should be excused and we should still fight it, just sayin....

pclpads 05-27-2018 10:51 AM

Their auctions are intended for people with more money than brains. :(

Leon 05-27-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pclpads (Post 1781024)

I am one of them (however I have relatively little money to begin with) but we still shouldn't be defrauded. Let us blow our money legally, for goodness sake. ;)

SetBuilder 05-27-2018 03:47 PM

In an era of ballooning budget deficits, national debt, IRS funding cuts, and state budget shortfalls, I would much rather the FBI and other LE agencies not devote any valuable resources to this memorabilia circus. I'd much rather they focus on real crimes like drug cartels, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation, murder, etc.

I think people have the ability to think for themselves and police the industry themselves. No one is forcing people to spend money on this stuff.

SetBuilder 05-27-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1780984)

I saw a few weeks ago Cap Anson and Joe Jackson signed baseballs selling on that site for a couple of hundred bucks.

If an item sells for 0.001% of it's true value, can you really with a straight face call it a forgery?

That would be like if you bid and win a Ferrari online for $1,000 and then when it arrives, it's actually a kit car Fiero with no engine. Imagine how ridiculous it would be if you sue because you expected a "real" Ferrari for $1,000 and now you're a "victim" of fraud.

People would laugh at you, not feel bad for you.

SetBuilder 05-27-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pclpads (Post 1781024)

True. Coach's corner is a joke. I think people buy those autographs as gag gifts.

If you Google CCA, you'll find literally hundreds of links warning you to avoid their fake autographs. Anyone that falls for it at this point is really dumb.

The only thing I worry about is the elderly and people with dementia and Alzheimer's who may be manic and delusional with their retirement savings.

thetruthisoutthere 05-28-2018 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SetBuilder (Post 1781130)
True. Coach's corner is a joke. I think people buy those autographs as gag gifts.

If you Google CCA, you'll find literally hundreds of links warning you to avoid their fake autographs. Anyone that falls for it at this point is really dumb.

The only thing I worry about is the elderly and people with dementia and Alzheimer's who may be manic and delusional with their retirement savings.

People buy that crap because they are either scammers who flip that garbage locally, or simply delusional autograph collectors who brag about their autographed Babe Ruth baseball that they purchased for $86.00.

Leon 05-28-2018 06:23 AM

Someday you might get scammed and change your mind. There have been some really good frauds and not just the easier ones to pick off. I guess you were ok if Mastro ripped you off too? BTW, please put your full name next to your posts per the rules.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SetBuilder (Post 1781120)
In an era of ballooning budget deficits, national debt, IRS funding cuts, and state budget shortfalls, I would much rather the FBI and other LE agencies not devote any valuable resources to this memorabilia circus. I'd much rather they focus on real crimes like drug cartels, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation, murder, etc.

I think people have the ability to think for themselves and police the industry themselves. No one is forcing people to spend money on this stuff.

Tom Hufford 05-28-2018 10:27 AM

Ed Doherty was President of the American Association from 1953 through 1960. This might be the earliest COA in existence, even though its not dated!

RichardSimon 05-28-2018 03:37 PM

My guess is that at this point in time, their auctions basically cater to crooked resellers. We have seen much of this crap on ebay and I have personally been offered a number of their items. I bet that if you did a survey of mall stores that sell autographs you would find a lot more of their stuff on display.
And btw - I had been told that Ed Plank always carried a sharpie with him :D:D.

Bored5000 05-28-2018 03:50 PM

Every CC auction has the standard Babe Ruth, Christy Mathewson, Lou Gehrig "signed" bats, balls, photos, etc. I am always interested in seeing what "autographs" they are selling from non sports people.

This looks like a fine CC auction. In addition to the aforementioned Isaac Newton and Davey Crockett cuts, the auction is offering "autographs" from Paul Revere, Abraham Lincoln, John Adams, Robert E. Lee, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, Albert Einstein, Ernest Hemingway, Nikola Tesla, Jean Harlow, Harry Houdini, Amelia Earhart, Billy The Kid, Al Capone, Buffalo Bill, Geronimo, Saddam Hussein, Herman Melville, Janis Joplin, Charles Lindbergh, Gandhi, J. Edgar Hoover, Pope Pius XII, Quenn Elizabeth, Martin Luther King, Jr., John Dillinger, Charles Manson, Neil Armstrong, Princess Diana, Barack Obama and Donald Trump.

CC definitely went all out for this auction. I don't think I have ever seen some of those people in history "autograph" items in a CC auction.

thetruthisoutthere 05-28-2018 05:43 PM

Scott Malack Lee Trythall Coach's Corner Auctions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bored5000 (Post 1781436)
Every CC auction has the standard Babe Ruth, Christy Mathewson, Lou Gehrig "signed" bats, balls, photos, etc. I am always interested in seeing what "autographs" they are selling from non sports people.

This looks like a fine CC auction. In addition to the aforementioned Isaac Newton and Dave Crockett cuts, the auction is offering "autographs" from Paul Revere, Abraham Lincoln, John Adams, Robert E. Lee, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, Albert Einstein, Ernest Hemingway, Nikola Tesla, Jean Harlow, Harry Houdini, Amelia Earhart, Billy The Kid, Al Capone, Buffalo Bill, Geronimo, Saddam Hussein, Herman Melville, Janis Joplin, Charles Lindbergh, Gandhi, J. Edgar Hoover, Pope Pius XII, Quenn Elizabeth, Martin Luther King, Jr., John Dillinger, Charles Manson, Neil Armstrong, Princess Diana, Barack Obama and Donald Trump.

CC definitely went all out for this auction. I don't think I have ever seen some of those people in history "autograph" items in a CC auction.

From what I understand, Scott Malack and Lee Trythall continue to conduct private signings with the aforementioned.