Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Good Evening! New Member (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=248288)

Tree 12-01-2017 09:10 PM

Good Evening! New Member

I have been a card collector till late in my life. It feels like I’m late to the show, trying to catch up. My husband got me into the sports , but not till I was forced to retire at a young age I turned to collecting , with Baseball being my favorite. I’ve acquired quite a collection so far, only starting to try and obtain older cards. Recently, A Honus Wagner card came into my hands, which is a night & day scenario , as far as knowledge on T206s are concerned. What little research I’ve completed warrants such scrutiny due to false cards. I never realized . I also collect Stamps, among other things. Im a part of a stamp community and has been so helpful, so coming onto this one was a welcone sight. I’ve needed to ask questions to someone so many times. A lengthy intro , but I wanted to say thanks for allowing my presence
T

Mountaineer1999 12-01-2017 09:33 PM

Hi T. Welcome to the site. Did I just read a Wagner, a T206 Wagner, fell into your hands?

thescooper 12-01-2017 09:45 PM

Welcome

csotus 12-02-2017 06:07 AM

Welcome to the forum. I bet a lot would love to see your t206 wagner.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 12-02-2017 09:36 AM

Welcome!!

Leon 12-02-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tree (Post 1725689)
I have been a card collector till late in my life. It feels like I’m late to the show, trying to catch up. My husband got me into the sports , but not till I was forced to retire at a young age I turned to collecting , with Baseball being my favorite. I’ve acquired quite a collection so far, only starting to try and obtain older cards. Recently, A Honus Wagner card came into my hands, which is a night & day scenario , as far as knowledge on T206s are concerned. What little research I’ve completed warrants such scrutiny due to false cards. I never realized . I also collect Stamps, among other things. Im a part of a stamp community and has been so helpful, so coming onto this one was a welcone sight. I’ve needed to ask questions to someone so many times. A lengthy intro , but I wanted to say thanks for allowing my presence
T

Welcome Tree, You are amongst friends. Someone asked me today how many members we have. I told them around 8700 registered. They asked how many are women? I said 3. Now there are 4 :). (there are probably a few more than that just by the law of averages but not a whole lot). This place is what you make it and there are a ton of good folks here. If I can ever help with anything board related I am almost always around. If you go on the BST section you can always PM for a reference on a member. I don't know all of them but most times I have a good idea. Take care and happy collecting!!

nebboy 12-02-2017 06:33 PM

Welcome

Ask away people here are a great great resource on history and baseball along with many other thing. Many of use collect a large amount things other than sports related cards and items. (I just also collect and preserve Roman coins)

I'm sure we'll all would like to heard and see any or all of your current collection your willing to share.

Good luck in your collecting.

JollyElm 12-02-2017 07:34 PM

Some clarifications. This person never actually said he/she has a T206 Wagner, just sort of implied it. It's odd there haven't been any subsequent posts about the card from the OP. We're all waiting. Plus, in these PC days if someone talks about their husband, that no longer automatically means they are a woman. Just saying. :rolleyes:

ALR-bishop 12-02-2017 09:25 PM

Maybe the Wagner came into her hands like it did for Baseballcrazy13 in the Positive Impact thread :)

But late in her life. Better late than never, welcome

Leon 12-03-2017 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1725965)
Some clarifications. This person never actually said he/she has a T206 Wagner, just sort of implied it. It's odd there haven't been any subsequent posts about the card from the OP. We're all waiting. Plus, in these PC days if someone talks about their husband, that no longer automatically means they are a woman. Just saying. :rolleyes:

Hopefully Tree will come back and join the games when there is time.

Tree 12-03-2017 12:41 PM

Thank you for the welcomes

Sorry for the pause. I didnt realize I’d be getting a great welcome. Thank you for all your kind words. Just a funny tale in response to being the 4th lady. I ordered baseball cards from someone, and the offer had said they were gonna add a bonus card. Well when the cards came, my bonus card was a rookie supermodel. Told my Mike (husband) , you can have that.

I thought I had a Honus Wagner card, but after much research, in the end it more than likely is a reprint. In fact, I had read a lot of your T206 section areas. The only thing I could never find was an very good close up of the cards. But, I have quite a large collection to hopefully get to chatting with you all about.

iowadoc77 12-03-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tree (Post 1726133)
Sorry for the pause. I didnt realize I’d be getting a great welcome. Thank you for all your kind words. Just a funny tale in response to being the 4th lady. I ordered baseball cards from someone, and the offer had said they were gonna add a bonus card. Well when the cards came, my bonus card was a rookie supermodel. Told my Mike (husband) , you can have that.

I thought I had a Honus Wagner card, but after much research, in the end it more than likely is a reprint. In fact, I had read a lot of your T206 section areas. The only thing I could never find was an very good close up of the cards. But, I have quite a large collection to hopefully get to chatting with you all about.

Welcome! Show some pics of your collection. We would love to see what you have! Enjoy the board. Great wealth of knowledge here!