Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Inspired by Trae, Ted, and Dave.... I think I will try.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=82840)

Archive 11-05-2006 02:34 PM

Inspired by Trae, Ted, and Dave.... I think I will try....

Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>My mission:<br />to put together a set of t206 backs<br />so as not to destroy the wallet - I will make it an all beater set (and not care about the player on front).<br /><br />Of course if anyone wants to help me along the way... any info you send me would be cool.<br /><br />I will keep the board posted as to my progress.<br /><br /><br />Without the ty cobb back... it should be somewhat attainable. no?

Archive 11-05-2006 02:38 PM

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>The Drum is tough in any condition, but the others are relatively attainable...but if you want a real challenge, try to get 15 guys to agree on a dinner venue on a Saturday night!!

Archive 11-05-2006 02:48 PM

Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>I don't care where it the dinner is... I would love to break bread with you guys.<br /><br />If December 9 is the day... I will try my best to make it. I can't say yes or no yet though (gotta check with the wife to see what plans we might have).<br /><br />btw... ESPN Zone would not be good on that night. That is the night of the Heisman announcement - and I believe some of it spills over to the ESPN Zone (not sure though).<br /><br />

Archive 11-05-2006 06:32 PM

Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>Joe,<br />Good luck....great to hear it. I'm on my way with my beater set. Picked up 13 cards so far. All PSA 1's, 2's, and a couple 3's.

Archive 11-10-2006 12:40 PM

Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>Thanks to board members I feel I am on my way with the T206 backs set.<br /><br />I wanted to get a checklist of backs together so I could track my progress.<br /><br />First I decided to limit the 'variations' as follows....<br />--No factory number variations, Overprints, or Color variations. I will consider those on the fly decisions or afterthoughts.... not part of the original planning of the T206 Back (wow I think I am setting up for arguments on that one).<br />--No TyCobb back... because I want to be able to finish this set in my lifetime.<br />--Variations that I do feel were pre-planned are: Series Numbers, frames, copy difference (old mill southern).... so those will be collected.<br /><br />I started with the list of backs from T206museum, and took out those I mentioned I would above -<br />if anyone thinks I am missing a back.... please advise. <br /><br />Thanks,<br />Joe<br /><br />I count 26 backs... any feedback appreciate:<br /><br />1. American Beauty (no Frame) - Series 350<br />2. American Beauty (with Frame) - Series 350<br />3. American Beauty - Series 460<br />4. Broad Leaf - Series 350<br />5. Broad Leaf - Series 460<br />6. Carolina Brights <br />7. Cycle - Series 350 <br />8. Cycle - Series 460 <br />9. Drum - Series 350<br />10. El Principe De Gales<br />11. Hindu <br />12. Lenox <br />13. Old Mill <br />14. Old Mill (Southern League) <br />15. Piedmont - Series 150 <br />16. Piedmont - Series 350 <br />17. Piedmont - Series 350-460 <br />18. Polar Bear <br />19. Sovereign - Series 150<br />20. Sovereign - Series 350<br />21. Sovereign - Series 460<br />22. Sweet Caporal - Series 150 <br />23. Sweet Caporal - Series 350 <br />24. Sweet Caporal - Series 350-460 <br />25. Tolstoi <br />26. Uzit

Archive 11-10-2006 01:00 PM

Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>It's been so long ago that I completed the T206 set (minus the Big 4) that I have forgotten: Is it possible to complete the entire T206 set with only Piedmont backs?<br />

Archive 11-10-2006 01:04 PM

Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>well, i can speak to this...i have ALWAYS been a T206 back collector, at one point i had 33 of the 40 that T206museum lists (i was going nuts trying to chase all the different series & factories, etc)...i have since sold off a huge amount of cards, and i refocused even tighter than your suggested task...my focus is the 15 different brands for now (although i have 2 P-42's and a red & brown hindu)...BUT, the best quality i can get...i have slowly been working to upgrade these, here's how it looks now:<br /><br />1. American Beauty PSA 2<br />2. Broad Leaf 350 PSA 3<br />3. Carolina Brights PSA 3<br />4. Cycle PSA 5<br />5. Drum PSA 1<br />6. El Principe De Gales PSA 5<br />7. Hindu PSA 1<br />8. Lenox PSA 3<br />9. Old Mill PSA 3 (just sold a SLer 9oc)<br />10. Piedmont PSA 9<br />11. Polar Bear PSA 4<br />12. Sovereign PSA 5<br />13. Sweet Caporal PSA 8<br />14. Tolstoi PSA 1<br />15. Uzit PSA 1<br /><br />MY ADVICE: <br /><br />1. Try to get the tuff ones out of the way first, whenever you see them come up, attack! and get them...drum, uzit, lenox...IF you see these come up on eBay or at shows, even if they are lower grade (which they will be), do what you can to get them, because they don't come thru all that often, and you will kick yourself in the pants later, if you had past them up and the time has come that you need them...the rest are plentiful (save hindu)...<br /><br />2. For now, in the beginning, focus on the 15 brands, then once you have done that, then branch-out and start doing series, factories, etc...<br /><br />GOOD LUCK!!!<br />