Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT ebay sellers (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=236987)

cardsnstuff 03-17-2017 07:21 AM

OT ebay sellers

Are Sales/ Views dead or is it just me? What do you do to market your store and increase sales?

And just curious what is PSA turnaround time lately: sent a bunch of stuff under Feb monthly special?

savedfrommyspokes 03-17-2017 09:03 AM

Not sure what you are offering, but my sales for 50-early 70s are over LY ....almost 15% unit wise over March 2016.

One of the biggest mistakes I made last fall was using the promo GTC listings I received and not manually ending/relisting my items. My sales during this 3 month promo last fall were some of my worst results due to not having as many fresh items listed. In December I went back to manually relisting all of my inventory every 30 days(not all at once though) and since then my sales have not only returned but improved above LY. The key is to have your listings appear fresh/new....new listings catch a lot more views than listings that have been listed multiple months or longer.

Also, when I list items, I try to make sure I do not overprice....in many cases on more expensive cards a quick review of recent sold prices helps with that.

Finally, as discussed in this thread ( http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=235918 ), multi card lots are selling at prices sometimes greater than what the same singles can be purchased for individually. Tough to tell if this is a trend that will continue or not as s/h costs are only going to continue to climb (making purchasing singles more expensive), but selling your cards in lots may also help.

ibuysportsephemera 03-17-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes (Post 1642013)

One of the biggest mistakes I made last fall was using the promo GTC listings I received and not manually ending/relisting my items. My sales during this 3 month promo last fall were some of my worst results due to not having as many fresh items listed. In December I went back to manually relisting all of my inventory every 30 days(not all at once though) and since then my sales have not only returned but improved above LY. The key is to have your listings appear fresh/new....new listings catch a lot more views than listings that have been listed multiple months or longer.

This is an excellent approach and I do the same thing. It is more work each month relisting items but the payoff is that they are included in the emails that are sent out by eBay as newly listed items. If they are listed as GTC (good till canceled) they never show up in the emails. I always sell a few items the next day or two after relisting this way.

Jeff

Snapolit1 03-17-2017 09:55 AM

Searches I follow are D.O.A. Haven't seen an interesting new item listed in a few months. Albeit my searches are pretty specific. Are a few items in the new LOTG auction I'd like to win.

Exhibitman 03-17-2017 10:16 AM

I am doing well, at least from a movement standpoint. I tend to open a lot of modest items at very low prices, though, so that may be the key. I find a lot of collectors are willing to say WTF and bid on a mainstream item if the price is low. Won't make me real money but it does move dead inventory at a decent clip.

Leon 03-20-2017 10:56 AM

Sales are in line with demand to me. If it is a great item the demand is there. I find the more I promote my items the better they sell :). (though I rarely sell on ebay anymore. )

I have no idea about PSA turnaround times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsnstuff (Post 1641997)
Are Sales/ Views dead or is it just me? What do you do to market your store and increase sales?

And just curious what is PSA turnaround time lately: sent a bunch of stuff under Feb monthly special?

glchen 03-20-2017 12:06 PM

I'm pretty satisfied with my sales on ebay although I sell on ebay more as a hobby rather than it being an actual necessity to pay the bills. That is, a lot of times, I buy a Lot containing many cards from an auction house when I just need 1-2 items from that Lot for my personal collection. Then, I try to sell the rest and see if that recoups my costs or even turns a profit. I also have cards that I sell when I change my focus of my collection or when I upgrade and decide to sell my duplicates. Sometimes, but not often, when I see something at auction that I think that is pretty undervalued, i will put a bid in, and if I win it, try to re-sell those also.

In general, my ebay sales have been decent, given the 200-odd cards that I have for sale. Every 2-3 months or so, I try to drop my prices across the board (except for really in demand stuff) by 2 to 5 dollars until the price reaches $15, and that's usually my lower limit.

As savedfrommyspokes said, turning over inventory and having fresh listings are important. I have BIN's and re-list my inventory every month. I usually find that I have a small spike in sales right after I re-list my inventory, and then right before my listings end for that month, as buyers may not be sure when or if I will re-list my stuff. I don't think I would re-list at a greater frequency than a month, however, as buyers may just become annoyed with your listings and exclude your ebay store from their searches altogether. Good luck!