Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Red Hindu Rules (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=61926)

Archive 03-17-2002 10:01 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>Doug Allen</b><p>There are aprox 40 subjects only avail in the 460 series and approx 75 subjects available first in the 350 series and then again in the 460 series. These particular cards are only found with a Red Hindu Back. The Cobb green portrait first appeared in the 150 series and then again in the 350 series....similar to the Matty portrait which was also fake when it appeared with a Red Hindu back.

Archive 03-17-2002 10:08 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Doug, I don't exactly follow what you said(wrote), but get the jist. Again, I don't doubt the conclusion, as I'm sure you and Art know more about the backs than I do. At least I hope you do. Thanks for the info.

Archive 03-17-2002 10:19 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>benge610</b><p>Well put, Doug. Sorry I missed you at the show today; I stopped by to talk to you again about my uncle's Hack Wilson autographed ball (can't seem to get him out to see you guys with it); but you were out on the floor w/your son. Oh well, maybe next show.<BR><BR>On another note, has Lipset's theory been proven convincingly about 150's that were issued again in the 350 series; the quantity of 350's being far less by comparison? Example: Cobb (green). ?? If so, does the same hold true for other 150's issued only in the 350 series?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Ben.

Archive 03-17-2002 10:35 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>Doug Allen</b><p>My son and I had a good time at the show. Met some interesting folks. Big find for me was a 1908 Cubs Pennant. I was excited.<BR><BR>I am not sure for cards issued in the 150 and 350 series which is more difficult. Since 350 series cards are so predominant my inclination would be 350 series are easier; but maybe after issuing them in the 150 series they reduced production of thos subjects. Interesting question.

Archive 03-17-2002 10:55 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>benge610</b><p>I remember Lipset saying (paraphrasing) when new subjects were added in the 350 series, some subjects which were already issued in the 150 series were included in the 350 series, but at a reduced quantity; because they were already part of the 150 series. He referred to the Cobb (grn) as an example because the Cobb with a 350 series back were more difficult to find. I also recall about a year ago on eBay, I was "stomped" on bidding on a Chase (pink) w/350 back, which eventually sold for 2X a same condition 150 series one.<BR><BR>Ben.<BR><BR>P.S. Doug, stop in the chat room here sometime. I'd like to talk to you.

Archive 03-17-2002 10:58 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>David</b><p>I don't collect T206s, but will pay dop dollar for a Ty Cobb Portrait Green with a Hustler back. Maybe PRO has one in their collection, or does that back only come in a the 460 series

Archive 03-17-2002 11:21 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>David</b><p>(My previous attempt at joke aside), is it your belef that the Red versus Brown Hindu variations is due to totally different colored inks used (red versus brown), or due to same color ink but printing inconsistancy?

Archive 03-18-2002 09:06 AM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>BRIAN</b><p><BR>David- good question. We would also have to include, lenox brown and old mill brown, which are both extremely rare. Does anyone on the board have printing expertise? <BR> thanks brian

Archive 03-18-2002 11:28 AM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>t206museum.com</b><p>HI All,<BR><BR>If you have a brown and red Hindu place together side by side, u can easily tell they are totally different in color. Brown is brown. Red is red. Even if you just have a red Hindu, u can tell it is in RED very easily. Same thing for black/brown Lenox and Old Mill. The color of brown is very stand out and not like faded black or whatsoever.<BR><BR>Hope this help.<BR>

Archive 03-18-2002 12:28 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>I've never seen a brown Old Mill and a black side/side to compare but I have seen at a show a red and brown Hindu. They are very distinct and seperate color inks. <BR><BR>All T206 backs are printed in one color. Any fading or light printing of a color would result only in a "lighter" version of the intended color. Ex: black may look like a dark grey, red may look pinkish.

Archive 03-18-2002 01:17 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Thanks to all for the input. Puts that common question to rest.

Archive 07-11-2002 08:53 AM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>scott (runscott)</b><p>Any additional comments/thoughts? Thanks

Archive 07-11-2002 11:25 AM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>James Walker, Jr.</b><p>You are saying that the approx. 75 players that were issued in both the 350 and 460 series have RED Hindu backs, while all possible Hindu backs are BROWN.

Archive 07-11-2002 12:14 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>Re: Red Hindu Rules</b><p>Scott, no fair doing that. It's like a dead body floating to the top.<BR><BR>My final take was that the Red Hindus might be pretty good, but they probably don't rule.

Archive 07-11-2002 12:33 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>scott (runscott)</b><p>...so everyone gets a final shot first. If the newsletter idea goes over well, I will have to dredge up a few "bodies" so that the edited threads will be as useful as possible. Thanks

Archive 07-11-2002 12:57 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>James Walker, Jr.</b><p>How can I get a copy of the newsletter?

Archive 07-11-2002 12:59 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>scott (runscott)</b><p>I will discuss distribution with Elliot - not sure yet what he thinks about this.

Archive 07-11-2002 07:18 PM

Red Hindu Rules

Posted By: <b>ty_cobb</b><p>I have a fairly good checklist of Red Hindu's, and<BR>a few in my collection. There are less than 40 known<BR>players, more could exist but how many years do you<BR>want to spend finding them. At least as tough as <BR>Lenox, if not more difficult.