Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hall of Fame Contributors (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=150058)

Sterling Sports Auctions 04-15-2012 07:18 PM

Hall of Fame Contributors

I have been a contributor for 10 years and was curious if anyone else here is a contributor? For a minimum for $40 year you get a free gift and a subscription to the Memories & Dreams magazine, every issue has been a great read with a lot of article about pre-WWII baseball.

To me it is a small amount for a game that gives me so much joy.

Lee

leftygrove10 04-15-2012 07:21 PM

I contribute.... I can't wait to take the family back to the Hall of Fame one day....

Sterling Sports Auctions 05-10-2012 05:01 PM

I had to bump this thread because it amazes me that there appears to be very little interest from this group about the Hall of Fame. We sit and admire the auction houses that have these wonderful items in them but really don't seem to care about the one institution that is available to the public and there goal and purpose is to preserve artifacts from the sport we love.

The Hall of Fame is a wonderful place in a wonderful town. If not for them we probably would have little knowledge about the history of the game we love. It is a place where we can see in person many items we are in Aww of, where else can you say that.

I know many of you wish that Old Cardboard were more frequent, but there is only so much that can be written about Pre WWII cards. The Memories and Dreams magazine they put out helps to fill the void for me with many articles about baseball pre WWII.

Just another Rant,

Lee

Leon 05-10-2012 05:11 PM

never been

I have never been to Cooperstown but would like to someday.

z28jd 05-10-2012 05:13 PM

I've been there six times and bought from the gift shop every time, last time with two other people and we spent well over $100 combined at the shop...that's my contribution to the Hall of Fame. That and recommending it to everyone. Plus I bought gifts from their catalog at Christmas time once and will again if I see something worthwhile.

Pat R 05-10-2012 05:16 PM

Just made plans to go there in a week or two. About a 2hr drive for me.

bigtrain 05-10-2012 05:17 PM

I have carried a HoF membership card for many years. It makes sense especially if you are going to visit. For my membership fee, I get Memories and Dreams magazine, a Hall of Fame Yearbook, a membership pin, membership card and window sticker, a 10% discount not only at the gift shop but at many other stores in Cooperstown, and most importantly free admission for one year. As a family member, ($70) you get free admission for two adults and their children under 18. As a sustaining member ($100) I can bring up to three guests free for one year.
Since regular admission is $19.50 for adults, it almost pays for itself in one visit and the magazine and other stuff is a bonus. BTW, I am going to Cooperstown this weekend for Mother's Day. My wife is an angel to put up with me but she loves it too.

spacktrack 05-10-2012 05:22 PM

Lee, I agree-the Memories and Dreams magazine has some great pieces in it and often has card related stories. I've been a member of the Hall of Fame for 10-12 years after getting a membership as a birthday gift one year. I'm lucky in that I get to visit the Hall several times of year and look forward to induction weekend where I normally see Ted Z. at the VFW card show.

Moonlight Graham 05-10-2012 05:46 PM

i'm a hall of fame member and have been for 7 years. i pay 75.00 a year for the family membership. we absolutely love it. the museum is second to none in my opinion and we love the town. every year i spend a fortune there!!:D

Sterling Sports Auctions 05-11-2012 01:39 PM

I knew there had to be other contributors out there. As noted if you are planning on going it really makes sense to get a membership for the benefits it offers. There is no better Hall of Fame out there and a joy every time I have went.

Lee

bigtrain 05-15-2012 08:50 AM

Spent this past weekend (Mother's Day) in Cooperstown. I guess nobody brings Mom to the Hall of Fame. The village was very quiet.

Sterling Sports Auctions 05-16-2012 07:38 AM

That had to be nice to have a run run of the town. It can get pretty busy in the summer. I thought it was nice to be able to check everything out at your own pace.

Lee