Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   By Popular Demand / Sneak Peek (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=272224)

ThePurpleVoice 08-10-2019 10:47 PM

By Popular Demand / Sneak Peek

Sneak Peek of Our New Product:

Purple Label, LLC brings you

The Silver Sticker

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...57569409_n.jpg

Affordable Alteration & Breached Slab Detection

Industry's First 4th Party Slab Verification

Just.Rachel 08-11-2019 06:45 AM

P.T. Barnum comes to mind....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ullmandds 08-11-2019 07:00 AM

As has been discussed...this type of “opinion” may be the wave of the future in the hobby...BUT i question anyones ability to evaluate a card that is entombed in a slab.

Additionally if i were to trust such a “business” id most certainly want to know their qualifications and techniques utilized aside from “crossing your eyes” to measure a card! Really????

ALSO...the whole silver sticker by
Purple label is just silly and confusing.

Republicaninmass 08-11-2019 07:11 AM

Apparently Ralph Lauren has the patent on Purple Label

buymycards 08-11-2019 07:46 AM

Price?

I don't see anything on the website in regard to the price for this service, but I do see this:

Purple Label does not guarantee absolutely, any third party grading results. A Purple Label sticker solely represents a declaration of opinion.

Johnny630 08-11-2019 07:56 AM

When will this ever stop ???

ullmandds 08-11-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny630 (Post 1907362)
When will this ever stop ???

nuclear armageddon?

ullmandds 08-11-2019 07:58 AM

when a large asteroid hits planet earth?

ullmandds 08-11-2019 07:58 AM

when the earth burns up from global warming?

bnorth 08-11-2019 08:06 AM

I would have though the Purple Sticker would have also covered alterations. No you need one for eye appeal and one for alterations. Mr Barnum would be proud.

Is this a paid advertisement? I am seriously doubting this is by popular demand.:)

Peter_Spaeth 08-11-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1907365)

When Birnam Wood comes to Dunsinane.

vintagebaseballcardguy 08-11-2019 09:08 AM

Know what you are collecting. When you do this, you do not have to rely on any "service. "

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jfkheat 08-11-2019 09:15 AM

I seem to remember another company that has been putting various stickers on slabs stating how nice they thought the cards were.

irv 08-11-2019 09:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1907365)

I've been living in constant fear for decades, or ever since the U.N. and Al Gore said the earth was going to end. :D

commishbob 08-11-2019 09:29 AM

More and more I get the feeling my browser has been high jacked and I've been re-directed to The Onion.

Johnny630 08-11-2019 09:32 AM

Never let a Serious Crisis Go to Waste.
Rahm Emanuel

Wait for the cards to tank then come in hot !

D. Bergin 08-11-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commishbob (Post 1907391)
More and more I get the feeling my browser has been high jacked and I've been re-directed to The Onion.

Yeah, I legitimately thought this was a joke thread. I even checked my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

I even chuckled to myself "haha good one", when I read the initial post.

:D

BeanTown 08-11-2019 10:00 AM

So, it's an opinion of an opinion. If he grows the Purple Label brand, then PSA will be acquiring his company with a nice little buy out.

Johnny630 08-11-2019 10:06 AM

Is the silver sticker A Free Service too

barrysloate 08-11-2019 10:12 AM

"The party of the fourth part will hereby be known as the party of the fourth part in this contract."

Groucho Marx, "A Night at the Opera."

barrysloate 08-11-2019 10:17 AM

And on a more serious note, if third party graders are unable to visually detect alterations, what are fourth party graders doing to be able to find them? Wouldn't we need fifth party graders, armed with sophisticated technology, to examine the work done by the fourth party graders, who have already rechecked the work of the third party graders?

Or we could just go back to collecting raw again.

Fuddjcal 08-11-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 1907385)
I seem to remember another company that has been putting various stickers on slabs stating how nice they thought the cards were.

But those are HIGH END

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuBHak_S7bE

Peter_Spaeth 08-11-2019 10:28 AM

Greg, how are you going to check vintage cards for alterations when you can't handle the cards or see the edges?

frankbmd 08-11-2019 11:17 AM

Timely thread.

I’ve been working on a solar slab, guaranteed to withstand the heat of the sun at a distance of 4,000,000 miles from the surface, confirmed by a clandestine NASA mission, known as the Parker Solar probe. Long after you become a celestial vapor trail from global warming, your collection (assets) will be safe in a yet to be determined undisclosed location.

And to borrow a line from Gentleman’s Warehouse, “I guarantee it”. Just send me a SASE addressed to your anticipated location in the cosmos ten years from now. If nothing else, we’ll find out how good those “Forever” stamps are.;)

ullmandds 08-11-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1907406)
And on a more serious note, if third party graders are unable to visually detect alterations, what are fourth party graders doing to be able to find them? Wouldn't we need fifth party graders, armed with sophisticated technology, to examine the work done by the fourth party graders, who have already rechecked the work of the third party graders?

Or we could just go back to collecting raw again.

This is funny, barry...and frank pm me the anticipated address...i’ll mark my calendar to send it out 8/11/29.

frankbmd 08-11-2019 11:36 AM

Just wait guys, if you think the card trimming scandal is bad, just wait for the upcoming counterfeit sticker scandal.

Oh and by the way, the new solarslab comes with a surface slicker than WD40 on a hockey rink, so you won’t need to worry about any stickers on the surface.

Directly 08-11-2019 11:59 AM

Question concerning opinion

Question on opinions, if a expert makes a opinion on any collectiable, and later their opinions turned out not correct what retort might be expected ?

Stay Tune!

D. Bergin 08-11-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1907428)
Timely thread.

I’ve been working on a solar slab, guaranteed to withstand the heat of the sun at a distance of 4,000,000 miles from the surface, confirmed by a clandestine NASA mission, known as the Parker Solar probe. Long after you become a celestial vapor trail from global warming, your collection (assets) will be safe in a yet to be determined undisclosed location.

And to borrow a line from Gentleman’s Warehouse, “I guarantee it”. Just send me a SASE addressed to your anticipated location in the cosmos ten years from now. If nothing else, we’ll find out how good those “Forever” stamps are.;)

What about Solar Flares? Would that be covered by your "Guarantee", or will we have to purchase a separate rider for that type of protection?

chalupacollects 08-11-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1907433)
Just wait guys, if you think the card trimming scandal is bad, just wait for the upcoming counterfeit sticker scandal.

Oh and by the way, the new solarslab comes with a surface slicker than WD40 on a hockey rink, so you won’t need to worry about any stickers on the surface.

But will the slabs survive re-entry into the new atmosphere??? We need to know!

Leon 08-12-2019 07:03 PM

There has been at least one somewhat successful model of grading the graders with the coin "grading" company CAC (Certified Acceptance Corporation). Who knows?

https://www.caccoin.com/

Mark17 08-12-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1907412)
Greg, how are you going to check vintage cards for alterations when you can't handle the cards or see the edges?

Great point. Some elements of a slabbed asset can be checked for alterations, but some cannot. So what they need is a separate sticker for each area of validation. Such as:

Checked for altered corners
Checked for bleach/cleaning additive
Checked for trimming (size tolerance only)
Checked for coloring
Checked for creases/wrinkles

Basically they need a half dozen stickers for the various, specific things they can check.

And Peter, why do you continue to refer to assets as "cards?" How unsophisticated........

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-12-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1907368)
When Birnam Wood comes to Dunsinane.

I was wrong. Carry on.

frankbmd 08-13-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1907461)
What about Solar Flares? Would that be covered by your "Guarantee", or will we have to purchase a separate rider for that type of protection?

Unless global warming results in the earth spiraling toward the sun, solar flares should not require a rider. To date a 93,000,000 mile long solar flare has not been observed, but if I’m wrong, we’ll cross that bridge (to nowhere) at that time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 1907477)
But will the slabs survive re-entry into the new atmosphere??? We need to know!

If you survive in the “new” atmosphrere, the slabs will be fine.

Republicaninmass 08-13-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1907433)

Dont laugh, didnt someone fake the "say hey" Willie May's authentic autograph sticker?

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-13-2019 01:37 PM

I guess what I don't understand is how this wouldn't destroy the value of your original product? So a Purple Label might be altered, it just has high end appeal regardless? Do I need to get Purple AND Silver stickers now to be covered? It doesn't seem to be the best idea in terms of your business. It's confusing and unnecessary.

Bram99 08-13-2019 11:09 PM

Order

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePurpleVoice (Post 1907317)

The Silver Sticker

I’d like to order a roll of 500 please

frankbmd 08-14-2019 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePurpleVoice (Post 1907317)

The Silver Sticker

I’d like to RSVP for the 6th party, but not the 4th.

Snapolit1 08-14-2019 06:25 AM

We are definitely veering close to The Onion territory here. Silliness. Like anyone wants these stickers on a valuable card.

chalupacollects 08-14-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark17 (Post 1907902)
Great point. Some elements of a slabbed asset can be checked for alterations, but some cannot. So what they need is a separate sticker for each area of validation. Such as:

Checked for coloring

Basically they need a half dozen stickers for the various, specific things they can check.

And Peter, why do you continue to refer to assets as "cards?" How unsophisticated........

Make them all different colors and you can get a rainbow!

frankbmd 08-14-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark17 (Post 1907902)

Checked for coloring

I guess we need to throw away the card doctor terminology as well.

But calling them “asset doctors” strikes too close to home though, having treated boobs and butts for over thirty years myself.