Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Mantle Signed 8 x 10 Mantle on BOW WOW Dog Food Ad B&W Photo (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=197009)

Directly 11-16-2014 11:15 AM

Mantle Signed 8 x 10 Mantle on BOW WOW Dog Food Ad B&W Photo

Hundreds (est 500 +/-) autographs were brought into my shop yesterday--( 3 large tubs full had another 5 full tubs at home, from a 30 year collection)--many 8 x 10 Mantle + DiMaggio, etc. deceased Movie stars, etc. Nice fresh collection for sale.

I offered $$$$ for the 3 tub lot, didn't make the deal, but can counter offer..--I bought a several great items, but I didn't make a dent!!

The Mantle signed Bow Wow Dog food slick signed 8 x 10 was interesting--was asking 190.00 but this seemed rather on the high side, but wasn't familiar with the ad. The 8 x 10 photo Ad shows Mantle in street cloths with a Dalmatian with the Bow Wow food ad.

He wants to sell the whole collection??--any thought on this Mantle value ?

Runscott 11-16-2014 11:16 AM

………..

thetruthisoutthere 11-16-2014 11:28 AM

Photos?

Econteachert205 11-16-2014 11:31 AM

Umm that's not very much to go off without photos but...

Assuming the photo is a magazine ad and not an original photo

And assuming the photo is from the 1970s when he was hocking dog food

And assuming the signature is clear and good...

190 seems about average, I wouldn't be expecting to get more out of it on resale.

Directly 11-16-2014 12:17 PM

Sorry, no photo on the Mantle 8 x 10. I do agree on the Mantle being a retail price this was my thought too.

When called, the collector mentioned one, a John Wayne autograph. What walked into my shop, I sure wasn't expecting the three large tubs full to the top-it was overwhelming. I wasn't prepared for that many at once. I asked for a price for the 3 tub lot, and made a offer.

To go through a few thousand pieces will take time, they didn't have any organized inventory list, and all the autographs were piled into the large tubs, some framed some not.

I suppose the best approach is the separate the movie stars, personalities, and sports into groups and go from there?--any interest?

Thanks!

thetruthisoutthere 11-16-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1344997)
Sorry, no photo on the Mantle 8 x 10. I do agree on the Mantle being a retail price this was my thought too.

When called, the collector mentioned one, a John Wayne autograph. What walked into my shop, I sure wasn't expecting the three large tubs full to the top-it was overwhelming. I wasn't prepared for that many at once. I asked for a price for the 3 tub lot, and made a offer.

To go through a few thousand pieces will take time, they didn't have any organized inventory list, and all the autographs were piled into the large tubs, some framed some not.

I suppose the best approach is the separate the movie stars, personalities, and sports into groups and go from there?--any interest?

Thanks!

Interest in what?

Take photos/scans and list them on the B/S/T side.

Runscott 11-16-2014 01:09 PM

...interest in giving your opinion on every single autographed item, and identifying every single person in every single photo. Each item in it's own separate thread.

I can't wait.

thetruthisoutthere 11-16-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1345023)
...interest in giving your opinion on every single autographed item, and identifying every single person in every single photo. Each item in it's own separate thread.

I can't wait.

:eek:

Directly 11-17-2014 06:58 AM

The original Mantle Bow Wow 8 x 10 Photo was my question--to me it was the better of all the other common signed 8 x 10's Mantles.

If I wish to buy the whole collection I will, but John Wayne, Henry Fonda don't interest me--

thanks!

jgmp123 11-17-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1345231)
The original Mantle Bow Wow 8 x 10 Photo was my question--to me it was the better of all the other common signed 8 x 10's Mantles.

If I wish to buy the whole collection I will, but John Wayne, Henry Fonda don't interest me--

thanks!

Since you are pushing pretty hard for a sale here and reluctant to post photos, i'll assume you have 3 tubs of crap. I don't think you'll find many buyers here.

Directly 11-17-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1345233)
Since you are pushing pretty hard for a sale here and reluctant to post photos, i'll assume you have 3 tubs of crap. I don't think you'll find many buyers here.

Sorry, who said I plan on selling here--I just ask about the Bow Wow Mantle.

Thanks again.

jgmp123 11-17-2014 07:23 AM

Multiple folks have asked you about pictures...You can't place a value on something without seeing a photo (authenticity, quality, real ad vs fake, etc.)

It's just like the whole Comiskey ear forum. You have been given a response, but want to keep posting until someone agrees.

Fuddjcal 11-17-2014 08:08 AM

I'm 100% positive that the Dog Food Mantle Should have it's name changed to the dog shit Mantle. There are so many dog shit Mantles that it belongs in 3 tubs of shit with the other trash some dumb ass who collected 3 tubs of worthless crap is trying to pass on to an unsuspecting Eddie as yourself...don't need to see a photo. 9 of 10 of all Mantles are Dog shit, so I ASSUME with out a photo, yours is also dog shit. I hope that helps?

A b&W Mantle 8 x 10 with or with out dog shit, comes in at less than a 100 bucks, IMHO. Next time, post an effin pic. Good luck:D

Directly 11-17-2014 08:10 AM

Agree on the photo's--I will get back with them to take photos of all the Mantles and DiMaggio.

Here we go again--why you wish to open up a can of worms on my wonderful Comiskey photo is beyond me?--
Just because I own the photo you have a problem with it--but that's too bad!--Its great--I can rub elbows with all the true Kings of collectors !

shelly 11-17-2014 09:06 AM

Why are you guys even answering him. No photo No talk

Lordstan 11-17-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1345254)
I can rub elbows with all the true Kings of collectors !

Yep. You and Barry Halper, King of the Fake Stuff! Perfect together.

yanks12025 11-17-2014 09:19 AM

Is this guy evajoys brother or something?

Directly 11-17-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordstan (Post 1345271)
Yep. You and Barry Halper, King of the Fake Stuff! Perfect together.

That's good you didn't have the <---> to tell Halper this to his face while he was alive--just while he can't defend himself, disgusting!

jgmp123 11-17-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1345431)
That's good you didn't have the <---> to tell Halper this to his face while he was alive--just while he can't defend himself, disgusting!

If Halper were alive he'd be in jail, so safe to assume the glass would protect him from Halper...

Lordstan 11-17-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1345431)

Well Tom. Considering no one at the time knew how full of crap he was, no one told him. But, we do know about you from the NOT COMISKEY photo, so we know we can group you with him

Lordstan 11-17-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1345434)
If Halper were alive he'd be in jail, so safe to assume the glass would protect him from Halper...

Ha. I almost spit out my drink!

Runscott 11-17-2014 05:38 PM

"Some people just like putting other people down , and then playing the martyr."

In honor of Jason, the protector of internet morons.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Directly 11-17-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordstan (Post 1345435)
Well Tom. Considering no one at the time knew how full of crap he was, no one told him. But, we do know about you from the NOT COMISKEY photo, so we know we can group you with him

So all the item he owned was fake and all the items he sold was fake--wow-sorry I sure didn't know all his collection was bogus. And you guys didn't say anything while he was living? Why?

Well I'm alive and will stand up to your comments, so if you didn't know about his collection, just curious, how can you know anything about my photo?

( P/S one commenter needs to wash his mouth with soap--no need for foul language.)

Lordstan 11-17-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1345460)
So all the item he owned was fake and all the items he sold was fake--wow-sorry I sure didn't know all his collection was bogus. And you guys didn't say anything while he was living? Why?

Well I'm alive and will stand up to your comments, so if you didn't know about his collection, just curious, how can you know anything about my photo?

( P/S one commenter needs to wash his mouth with soap--no need for foul language.)

Halper never came on this internet board and posted his items to solicit opinions. Perhaps if he had, all the fake stuff he had would have been exposed.
You did come here looking for opinions. Once you were shown, over and over again, how you were wrong, you refused to believe.
I think better questions are, first, if you refuse to believe the information given to you by the board before, why would you come back to ask for more help and, second, why should anyone believe your story and help you?

Directly 11-17-2014 06:59 PM

I contacted the owner of the auto's. He said he would bring the auto's back to the shop in the next few days, hopefully he will, I will take pictures. I just thought someone had the Bow Wow photo and was familiar with the item.

He wouldn't accept our cash offer for the lot, but I did buy Norman Rockwell signed photo a Queen Elisabeth framed sign note to a commoner, Ali v/s Leon Spinks photo and Bobby Kennedy.--just crap ---

shelly 11-17-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1345491)
I contacted the owner of the auto's. He said he would bring the auto's back to the shop in the next few days, hopefully he will, I will take pictures. I just thought someone had the Bow Wow photo and was familiar with the item.

He wouldn't accept our cash offer for the lot, but I did buy Norman Rockwell signed photo a Queen Elisabeth framed sign note to a commoner, Ali v/s Leon Spinks photo and Bobby Kennedy.--just crap ---

So far with no pictures that is exactly what it is crap:eek:

Directly 11-18-2014 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1345496)
So far with no pictures that is exactly what it is crap:eek:

Thanks for your brilliant comment-just like a Queen.;)

Econteachert205 11-18-2014 06:15 AM

I would like to see the Bobby Kennedy item which if good is assuredly not crap and quite valuable.

bnorth 11-18-2014 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1345582)
Thanks for your brilliant comment-just like a Queen.;)

Did you have an account on the BO forum with the user name DavePeters?

Directly 11-18-2014 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1345597)
Did you have an account on the BO forum with the user name DavePeters?

Not me?---??

Directly 11-18-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Econteachert205 (Post 1345586)
I would like to see the Bobby Kennedy item which if good is assuredly not crap and quite valuable.

I sold the Kennedy the same day, but just got off the phone with the purchaser. I am going to get photo's of the piece today or tomorrow.

He wants the Queen note and be will trade --but the way you all talk I better get a picture of the Kennedy first and post --does the Queen Signature look ok?--

I do understand there are hundredssss of fake Mantles and Dimaggio. That's what I advised the seller yesterday--so I will get photos of the Mantles before I try to buy again.. thanks.

bnorth 11-18-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1345600)
Not me?---??

You have similar posting styles so I figured I would ask, thanks for the response.

shelly 11-18-2014 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope the Kennedy was nothing like the queen.I dont think it is even close.:mad::mad::mad:
Attachment 168367

Directly 11-19-2014 07:44 AM

Hey Shelly, one face icon would have been sufficient.

I agree with you--after research, it appears the Queen signed her full name, that's all I could find, and the note not being on any Royal letterhead stationary.

Yes, I hope the B Kennedy is better?

packs 11-19-2014 08:07 AM

Would the queen really address someone as a commoner? I could see if it was 300 years ago.

Econteachert205 11-19-2014 08:21 AM

agree with Shelly on Queen piece.

RichardSimon 11-19-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1345935)

I agree with you--after research, it appears the Queen signed her full name, that's all I could find, and the note not being on any Royal letterhead stationary.

You have to beware of both secretarial and autopen signatures with RFK.

shelly 11-19-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1345935)

There is incon protocol and the fake queen always gets 3 it is her wish:D

Directly 11-19-2014 06:13 PM

Mantle Bow Wow

Good-Bad-Ugly or Woof--actual 8 x 10 signed photo Mantle??

Fuddjcal 11-19-2014 07:02 PM

I actually think it's good!

Econteachert205 11-20-2014 04:35 AM

It's a cool piece.

shelly 11-20-2014 11:50 AM

:)

David Atkatz 11-20-2014 01:17 PM

"Liz 2"!? And you thought for an instant it might be real?

You do this for a living?

Directly 11-28-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1346333)
"Liz 2"!? And you thought for an instant it might be real?

You do this for a living?

No disrespect but the item was framed in your part of the country, Ridgefield, Conn.

Directly 11-28-2014 08:00 PM

Mantle & John F Kennedy signed card?

I attached Mantle signature for review (good or bad), also would appreciate any thoughts with signed JFK index card. The JFK auto is in the tub lot.--? Auto pen/secretarial ?
Appreciated the help with the Bow Wow Mantle--

thenavarro 11-28-2014 08:40 PM

That "JFK" is neither autopen nor secretarial IMO, it is an outright forgery.

Mike

Directly 11-29-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenavarro (Post 1349109)
That "JFK" is neither autopen nor secretarial IMO, it is an outright forgery.

Mike

Thanks, the collector had bought autos during the 70's-80,s way before the third party authentication process. I will advise the seller and have him decide what he wishes to do--thanks!

MikeKam 11-29-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1349092)
I attached Mantle signature for review (good or bad), also would appreciate any thoughts with signed JFK index card. The JFK auto is in the tub lot.--? Auto pen/secretarial ?
Appreciated the help with the Bow Wow Mantle--

Mantle is fake