Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "SGC SellerReady™ Images" (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=276634)

byrone 12-06-2019 09:10 AM

"SGC SellerReady™ Images"

Not sure if this was already posted, but on SGC's Facebook page they have this notice:

· December 4 ·

***BIG ANNOUNCEMENT***

As we’ve been working tirelessly to meet the growing demands of our ever-expanding collector base, we’re pleased to announce that our POP REPORT IS NEARING COMPLETION and is being reviewed internally as you read this. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@sgcgrading) for upcoming announcements.

In the meantime, we’re very excited to release a GROUNDBREAKING FEATURE that will greatly improve the card grading and collecting experience--SGC SellerReady™ Images. Unlike anything done before, SGC will now be supplying collectors with high definition images of all cards submitted for grading. This is something we’ve been working on and refining for the past several months, and although there is still a long way to go, we are ecstatic with how good things are looking so far! What can you do with these images, you ask? Well the list is endless, but here are a few of the most popular ways to use them:

--Listing on selling platforms like eBay
--Sharing on social media
--Personal inventory records

If you have an account at GoSGC.com and have recently graded cards with us, you should be receiving an email shortly with instructions on how to view your SellerReady™ card images.

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SGC AND WE HOPE YOU ENJOY!

https://www.facebook.com/sgcgrading/...597156419373:0

familytoad 12-06-2019 09:30 PM

Awake?

I wasn’t sure exactly what to think of this announcement, but I was pleased that something is happening at SGC.

Anything at all, even...

This new service doesn’t do much for me, but maybe they woke up enough to realize that they are in the card business and should do something besides broadcast a “coming soon” splash screen for 12 months.:cool:

pokerplyr80 12-06-2019 11:30 PM

Sounds like a great idea. I know others and myself have commented that grading companies should at least keep scans of higher dollar cards to compare to those listed for sale. Even before the current scandal, to guard against fakes and cards that were cracked and replaced with lower quality or altered cards.

I would find the digital images useful when posting cards for sale here or elsewhere. And they may even help SGC identify cards that they've already graded if they come back in after being cracked out and altered. Seems like a step in the right direction.

Fred 12-07-2019 10:17 AM

If SGC is going to publish or have access to images of submitted cards, then that's a pretty good idea.

What's sad is that this is an evolution in grading that probably should have been instituted LONG ago.

IMO this is great for vintage cards but can you imagine the number of pictures of graded rookie cards they'll have to post. Card after card after card of the same thing. That would be a memory hogging nightmare to keep up with.

Sean1125 12-07-2019 10:26 AM

I think this is a great ideas. It gives the collecting community an archive of the cards that pass through grading, gives any seller that submits to SGC an professional, high quality scan for many purposes, and helps SGC maintain a quality control database.

Great move in a positive direction.

cozmokramer 12-07-2019 10:52 AM

They are not publishing the image, but ONLY making them available to the original submitter of the card.

Once you sell the card on eBay or somewhere else, the new buyer has NO access to the images.

In reality, they should be attached to a Cert Number check so you can verify it’s not tampered with before you buy it.

I saw this all detailed on a Facebook conversation between an SGC rep and some collectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pokerplyr80 12-07-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozmokramer (Post 1936849)
They are not publishing the image, but ONLY making them available to the original submitter of the card.

Once you sell the card on eBay or somewhere else, the new buyer has NO access to the images.

In reality, they should be attached to a Cert Number check so you can verify it’s not tampered with before you buy it.

I saw this all detailed on a Facebook conversation between an SGC rep and some collectors

I did not realize that. Well it still sounds useful for a submitter. Not so much for the hobby as a whole. Another scandal involving fakes in real holders may lead to scans being published in the future, which would be a positive thing in my opinion.

Exhibitman 12-08-2019 07:35 AM

Wait, SGC is still in business?

doug.goodman 12-08-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozmokramer (Post 1936849)

The original submitter would be able to pass them on to their buyer.

cozmokramer 12-08-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 1937105)
The original submitter would be able to pass them on to their buyer.

Yes that’s correct. I can see it now in auction listings...

...for an extra $5 I’ll provide the SGCSeller Ready Images.

BobbyVCP 12-08-2019 08:15 PM

You should be able to get the same image on VCP after it sells

Fuddjcal 12-09-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1936957)
I did not realize that. Well it still sounds useful for a submitter. Not so much for the hobby as a whole. Another scandal involving fakes in real holders may lead to scans being published in the future, which would be a positive thing in my opinion.

Yeah, let's just wait for that scam to pound people in the pooper a little harder with the real fakes... I still can't look up my current fake SGC cards by their serial #'s so what good is this new scan stuff going to matter?

steve B 12-10-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1937411)
Yeah, let's just wait for that scam to pound people in the pooper a little harder with the real fakes... I still can't look up my current fake SGC cards by their serial #'s so what good is this new scan stuff going to matter?

If you know they're fake, why bother looking them up?

pokerplyr80 12-10-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1937411)

The images being published would be good for the hobby. Obviously another scandal wouldn't be. Sorry of that wasn't clear.