Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Simple answer? Send the card back to Irishhosta? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=61772)

Archive 06-11-2002 01:26 PM

Simple answer? Send the card back to Irishhosta?

Posted By: <b>John Wojak&nbsp; </b><p>Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems to me that SOMEBODY ought to involve Irishhosta in this debate. They sold the card to Steve, and Steve sent the card back to BMW because he (correctly or incorrectly) believed that there was more than an arm's length relationship between the two companies. So why doesn't BMW simply forward the card on to Irishhosta with Steve's explanation of how the card was sold by them to Steve, and was rejected as trimmed by SGC, and let Irishhosta handle it as they see fit?

Archive 06-11-2002 01:37 PM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>This started off as Steve and BMW undressing in front of an open window. But every time someone starts a new thread, it's like ringing a bell so passersby can't help but look up. <BR><BR>What's wrong with having one thread for each discussion topic? Why do we need to cover a vintage card discussion board with Peyton Place stuff like this?<BR><BR>

Archive 06-11-2002 01:42 PM

Posted By: <b>John Wojak</b><p>Sorry Scott, just trying to help resolve things, should have kept it in one of the ongoing threads.

Archive 06-11-2002 01:44 PM

Posted By: <b>Tom</b><p>the whole slovenian wife thing isn't uncluttering the board..............

Archive 06-11-2002 01:48 PM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>but it is no less ridiculous than this other garbage. Everyone has stated their side at least three times, but Tom, if you want to hear it all over again, due to some morbid sense of curiosity, then by all means. I, meanwhile, am closing this URL for a week, and hope that when I enter again in a week their might be something that involves vintage cards.<BR> <BR><BR>Goodbye

Archive 06-11-2002 02:18 PM

Posted By: <b>Tom</b><p>wasn't whaling on you or anything..........and I agree........nothing is going to be settled because BMW isn't going to disclose any relationship between themselves and Irishhosta. Nothing they do is going to be satisfactory to Vorthian now and it's all dragging us all into it when probably none of us really care one way or the other. I also agree about the single thread but the whole morbid curiosity and BMW bashing seems to be starting back up over here on this board. Same questions arose on fullcount board and dodging and dashing. Let's forget it all. I've only responded a couple of times on any of these threads but, like the rubbernecking on the freeway, have to admit I've read most of the posts on most of the threads. Sorry if you thought I was down on you but everyone is adding to the fodder of this mess.....

Archive 06-11-2002 06:16 PM

Posted By: <b>BcD</b><p>you must be careful! You can have a wife for a little while but an ex-wife you have your whole life! you are correct

Archive 06-11-2002 06:19 PM

Posted By: <b>Tom</b><p>maiden name Neuhaus............