Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/T 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle for Tornado victims $10 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=148291)

JasonD08 02-29-2012 08:13 PM

O/T 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle for Tornado victims $10

11 Attachment(s)
Hello all. I am writing this ad with sadness in my heart for the people of my hometown in Harrisburg IL. Approximately 4:53 AM this morning an F4 Tornado ripped through this small Midwest town of 9.000 residents leaving about a third of it in utter destruction. 6 so far are confirmed dead with many injured and many still missing. I know we all have our own issues, but now that I live 8 hours away, I am trying to see the best way I can contribute now. I am a home builder by trade and in weeks to come I will be able to fix and help rebuild in that way, but for now families are hurting and in need of support now. I have spoken to Leon today and with his permission, I would like to offer a raffle type of deal where someone will get a really nice prize and I can help out my own people by taking supplies right away. I am a vintage collector by choice, but I have accumulated many lots of nice stuff via Huggins & Scott, other auction houses etc and I usually pick the vintage I want and wholesale the sets, Wax, newer stuff to other dealers. Luckily, I have a lot of it on hand at the moment. What I would like to do is put together special “packs” of sports cards to sell at $10 each and take that funding to IL ASAP to help with relief, supplies, cash to a needy family, gasoline, food, clothes whatever it takes. My boys and I are working feverishly to make up packs of 15 star cards from various sports. These will consist of stars, HOFers, vintage only and 15 will be included in each pack. The packs will be team bags and each one put into a yellow coin envelope for reasons I will get to later. Also with the $10 purchase you will receive a random unopened pack from premium cards or early to mid 1980s wax packs etc. Also each $10 pack will include 1 certified autographed card from either baseball, football, basketball, or hockey. Also along with that I will include either a bonus vintage star, star rookie card, vintage card from 1969 or earlier EX or better, or HOF rookie. So for your $10 you will receive 15 star card pack, 1 unopened pack, 1 certified autograph, and 1 bonus card (star, rookie,etc). I am up to 1300+ packs made already and plan to offer 2,000 total packs. This would be huge for helping this community and you will get a return for the $10. I will ship for $2 no matter how many packs are purchased. By 10 or more packs and I will pay the shipping. Now for the kicker…I will randomly inset a few premium $20,$30,$50 cards here or there and as for the key prize I am including a real 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle rookie in one of the packs considering all 2000 packs sell. The Mantle is centered and crease free but altered due to background being colored along time ago. Still a presentable card that I paid $3K for a while back. Back is clean. To make this fair as possible I am purchasing gold coin envelopes and will be putting the 15 card packs inside. One pack will have my construction company’s business card inside with my signature on it. I will be mailing the Mantle to Leon who will have the redeemable Mantle in his possession. The person who gets that card will have to mail the card to Leon to receive the 52 Mantle. I will post scans of the items I am making these packs with along with the Mantle as well. Even if you do not get lucky and win the card, please keep in mind you will receive atleast the value of your purchase and you will be doing a small part in helping out some family in a small community. All payment should be mailed to me or sent via paypal gift to ekekela08@aol.com. Please mark the payment into paypal as Harriburg IL Tornado gift. If you want these and send check send to Jason Duncan PO Box 148, Savannah, MO 64485. Make checks payable to Iakona Inc. My name is fine too, but proceeds will come from that account to help. I am looking to leave in a few days so I can ship as much as I can before I leave (paypal will go right out) and the remaining cards when I return if some are sent payment by mail. Due to the fact I do sell on eBay please I cannot stress enough to note paypal gifts as Harrisburg IL Tornado. Thank you all very much in advance and I am looking forward to giving away an authentic 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle. I will be posting some more odd and end stuff under Buy Sell Trade as well to help in this effort. Please check there for post 1979 sets, some baseballs and other items I have lying around. Thanks Thanks THANKS!

frankhardy 02-29-2012 08:21 PM

That is very generous of you, Jason. I live about an hour from Harrisburg. I have seen pictures and it is devastating. I will contribute in any way I can.

JasonD08 02-29-2012 08:24 PM

Thanks Shane just grab some packs! Leon will be posting pics of what will be sent here in a few moments. I will put some decent stuff in these. Cards will be high grade....vintage will be EX or better.
LINK TO NEWS COVERING THIS EVENT:
http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Har...140959663.html
Thanks
Jason

Leon 02-29-2012 08:32 PM

posting pics

I will be posting pics in the first post in the next 15 minutes or so. Good luck Jason and God bless those affected.

FrankWakefield 02-29-2012 08:42 PM

Jason, count me in. We had storms here in Kentucky, but we were fortunate. Wish you well with this.

Frank.

JasonD08 02-29-2012 08:44 PM

Frank

I love KY and Shane is from there as well! KY holds a special place in my heart as well. Thanks so much and just be sure to email me how many etc. It will be tough to get these all out in timely manner as payments roll in but we will get it done. Thank you so MUCH!

JasonD08 02-29-2012 08:52 PM

Hey guys please remember to send pay pal as a gift.........more of the $$ will go to help if no fees. Also if you order less than 10 packs please send 1 payment of $2 to cover shipping. Thanks so much.

Jason

JasonD08 03-01-2012 05:20 AM

Thanks for the response so far. Come on guys alot of these left.

Jason

Buythatcard 03-01-2012 05:57 AM

This is a great way to help those in need. My payment is on its way.

JasonD08 03-01-2012 07:38 AM

buythatcard-

Thanks so much .......I need your shipping address.

Jason

vintagecpa 03-01-2012 07:48 AM

Count me in. Best wishes to the community.

margoaepi 03-01-2012 08:12 AM

In

JasonD08 03-01-2012 08:47 AM

Mike and Josh ty vm. I have been on the phone all morning. My best friends house was destroyed all around him. He literally woke up to his roof coming off, grabbed his 2 year old daughter and ran downstairs. His chimney came down and crushed her bed. PTL not a scrath on them, but 5 of his neighbors were not so fortunate. Hearing him hold back tears this morning is heart wrenching.

Jason

kaddyshack 03-01-2012 09:33 AM

Jason

Will send you $25 for 2 packs via Paypal.

Roy Z.

JasonD08 03-01-2012 10:34 AM

Thanks everyone. Due to the fact I am a home builder I am needed down there now. It seems like we have a few contractors in with some insurance companies vulturing around some of my family and friends. I have dealt with them before and am going to assist in making sure they get taken care of. With that being said I have processed all 2000 packs......and have sold 3 dozen or so.......thanks to you guys. Those paid for up until now will be mailed shortly. I will be back in a few days to mail the rest. Please tell your fellow collectors and keep the sales coming so I can give away this Mantle! Thanks so much.

Jason

thetruthisoutthere 03-01-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonD08 (Post 971774)
Thanks everyone. Due to the fact I am a home builder I am needed down there now. It seems like we have a few contractors in with some insurance companies vulturing around some of my family and friends. I have dealt with them before and am going to assist in making sure they get taken care of. With that being said I have processed all 2000 packs......and have sold 3 dozen or so.......thanks to you guys. Those paid for up until now will be mailed shortly. I will be back in a few days to mail the rest. Please tell your fellow collectors and keep the sales coming so I can give away this Mantle! Thanks so much.

Jason

Jason, you're doing a great thing. I won't speak for anyone else here, but there's no rush in getting the packs in the mail; the needy come first.

paulcarek 03-01-2012 11:09 AM

Payment on the way. Great work, Jason. Proud to help.

4815162342 03-01-2012 12:03 PM

Payment sent. God bless you Jason and the people in your hometown.

sycks22 03-01-2012 12:39 PM

Payment sent. I'm in for 3 packages. This is a great thing you're doing.

JasonD08 03-01-2012 01:30 PM

OK THanks all so MUCH! Planning to leave in an hour or so and have packed most paid for up until this point. Please tell your friends and collectors and lets hit 2000 packs! I have sold close to 50-60 so far! Thanks so much. $500-600 will definitely help down there. We can do much more and I want to give someone a $3-5K Mantle rookie! I will try to take a few pics to post if I can.

Thanks
Jason

smotan_02 03-01-2012 01:41 PM

Saw the news this morning, terrible tragedy. Thank you for your selfless acts and creative way to raise money. I dont collect cards but Im in for 10 packs. Payment sent.

JasonD08 03-01-2012 01:43 PM

Scotty what can I send you? What do you like? Also Peter Sycks I need your shipping address.

thetruthisoutthere 03-01-2012 02:07 PM

Derek Jeter card for sale

Below is a link to the BST side. The net proceeds from the sale of this card will be sent to Jason to help the victims. Let's run this for 24 hours so I can get the money to Jason quickly. End date and time: March 02, 2012......4PM EST.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...824#post971824

JasonD08 03-01-2012 02:35 PM

OK all.......Im logging off to head out soon. Thanks to everyone so far we have collected about $600 so far. I will be checking in over the weekend while I am there. I will try to post info later and I am sure every dime will help. Thanks again.

Jason

Moesalty 03-01-2012 03:23 PM

Great job!

This is a wonderful and selfless act that you are doing. Wish I could send more.....

christopher.herman 03-01-2012 04:36 PM

Jason,
Bump and payment sent. Best of luck for this great cause.
~Christopher.

Jerry G 03-01-2012 05:03 PM

Back from PayPal.

You are a good man, Jason. Be safe.

7nohitter 03-01-2012 06:12 PM

What a great idea, Jason...payment sent! I hope you get tons of responses.
Andrew

jefferyepayne 03-01-2012 07:01 PM

I'm in for 10 packs. My thoughts and prayers for all of the families in this area.

jeff

sycks22 03-01-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonD08 (Post 971818)
Scotty what can I send you? What do you like? Also Peter Sycks I need your shipping address.

Sent. Thanks again for this opportunity. Best of luck in raising lots of money for the victims. You're doing a great thing.

frankhardy 03-02-2012 05:21 PM

I'll take a couple, Jason.

Rich Klein 03-02-2012 07:17 PM

I'll take a few

Will have to send out check

Sent out one check; will probably send out another one in next couple of weeks

Rich

nickb41 03-02-2012 08:03 PM

Good luck with the relief efforts.

Tedw9 03-02-2012 08:14 PM

Wow, your a good man. I tip my cap to you.

Money sent.

SlugSports 03-03-2012 04:00 AM

This is a great thing you are doing Jason! Your a good man.

$$$ sent

Thanks,
Brian

carrigansghost 03-03-2012 03:13 PM

Always in for a good cause. payment sent.

Rawn

Bobsbats 03-03-2012 05:17 PM

I'll take 2 !!

Jason,

I will take a couple packs.....sounds like you have your hands full. Best of Luck with everything that you are dealing with. God Bless you and our prayers to everyone affected...Sending payment.

Bob

familytoad 03-03-2012 05:33 PM

An incredible act of kindness and compassion!

Jason, what you are doing is amazing.

As others have said...God Bless the victims and the families of this town. The devastation is climbing across much of mid-America.

I'm glad to partcipate in a modest but heartfelt way.

RichR 03-03-2012 08:06 PM

I'd love to donate as well am I too late?

JasonD08 03-04-2012 04:20 PM

Im back and we have many left. Really tremendous amount of devastation to one small town. I will post a pic or two tomorrow.

Thanks
Jason

brownscollector78 03-04-2012 05:09 PM

I just read this, a little late.

Payment sent in for relief efforts.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

kgibson 03-04-2012 07:08 PM

Payment sent. Thanks for your generosity.
Kevin Gibson

vintagebaseball 03-04-2012 07:17 PM

I am a little late also, I am in for a couple
thanks for doing this!

JasonD08 03-05-2012 08:25 AM

Hey all........Nothing is too late. Thanks for the tremendous support. I have decided to take these until March 30th. I have just returned from Harrisburg and will process everything as it comes in and ALL packages will be mailed on March 30th or the day after. That will give us plenty of time and opportunity to hit the mark of 2000 packages to try to raise the $20K and give some lucky person an authentic 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle Rookie valued somewhere between $3-5K. Tell your collecting buddies. We are also posting on a couple of other forums and great support is rolling in from CU as well. SO far over $1k raised! I will be CAREFULLY choosing where the funds are sent. I am leaning towards helping the poor who were renters and probably had no insurance. I have contacts working on that and I plan to return again this month to help some more.

Jason

emmygirl 03-05-2012 11:22 AM

Harrisburg relief effort

Jason, what a special heart you have and I'm glad to say "I'm In" God bless everyone that has been effected by this aweful disaster. Jim

JasonD08 03-06-2012 06:50 PM

BUMP.......1890 packs left.

vintagehofrookies 03-08-2012 09:09 AM

I just paid for 2 grab bags, Good Luck!
Dan

JasonD08 03-08-2012 09:21 AM

Thank you so MUCH! We have sold between 120-130 out of 2000 so far! Due to the issue that some idiot is blasting my efforts and questioning my integrity over in the CU forums, I will be sending the packs out paid for so far this week and the second run will go out end of March. Keep in mind I need all 2000 or close to sell for the Mantle to be redeemable. If someone happens to get lucky enough to pull my business card for the Mantle, please understand that and DO NOT post that until our efforts are finished.

Thanks
Jason

Leon 03-08-2012 09:35 AM

read it

I just now read what is going on, on the CU forums concerning this. After I read it I decided to donate to this cause. Money sent. Good luck with it Jason. You are a good man!!

JasonD08 03-08-2012 09:54 AM

Leon thanks for backing me up. I plan to text you some photos when I get back down there as to where this will help. I personally want to affect the victims with these donations right where they need it.

Jason