Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NCAA Basketball Pool, Chase Trophy Card (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=267723)

Sterling Sports Auctions 04-07-2019 09:17 PM

NCAA Basketball Pool, Chase Trophy Card

Many years ago we started a net 54 NCAA bracket pool and I donated a T206 Chase trophy card as a traveling trophy to the winner every year. I think along the line someone even put it in a nice holder. Any idea on the whereabouts of this card. I do not remember any Net54 Bracket pool that offered it up lately.

Lee

ullmandds 04-08-2019 06:32 AM

Like LArge Ass...your chase has probably been absorbed into someones collection!

Leon 04-08-2019 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Large Ass lives behind me on my desk for now. He is going to the Texas Card Show in a few weeks and will report back. After that he will be going to the National again. He is fine and rested.

ullmandds 04-08-2019 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1868448)
Large Ass lives behind me on my desk for now. He is going to the Texas Card Show in a few weeks and will report back. After that he will be going to the National again. He is fine and rested.

ya...not really the intended purpose of large ass?

If he has "retired" from travelling maybe he should be donated to the hall of fame bb card collection!

Leon 04-08-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1868454)
ya...not really the intended purpose of large ass?

If he has "retired" from travelling maybe he should be donated to the hall of fame bb card collection!

He can still travel. There are no restrictions on him. I am sure he will get on the circuit again eventually. If someone wants him now they can have him as long as they can get him back in a few weeks. He is only around 110 yrs old and isn't ready to retire quite yet.

Sterling Sports Auctions 04-08-2019 08:24 AM

Sorry missed Pete's first reply

clydepepper 04-08-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1868456)
He can still travel. There are no restrictions on him. I am sure he will get on the circuit again eventually. If someone wants him now they can have him as long as they can get him back in a few weeks. He is only around 110 yrs old and isn't ready to retire quite yet.

I'm never been much of a world traveler, but I sure do get a kick out of this!

I'm guessing I'm not the first person to live vicariously through a Baseball Card...

=

swarmee 04-08-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1868456)
If someone wants him now they can have him as long as they can get him back in a few weeks.

It's still Spring Break in the Florida panhandle if Herzog needs some sun.

Leon 04-10-2019 07:35 AM

With only 2 weeks until this show there isn't quite time. He will have some free time after April and before the National though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1868495)
It's still Spring Break in the Florida panhandle if Herzog needs some sun.

rhettyeakley 04-10-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling Sports Auctions (Post 1868420)
Many years ago we started a net 54 NCAA bracket pool and I donated a T206 Chase trophy card as a traveling trophy to the winner every year. I think along the line someone even put it in a nice holder. Any idea on the whereabouts of this card. I do not remember any Net54 Bracket pool that offered it up lately.

Lee

Lee, I was the holder of the Chase trophy maybe 8-10 years ago and sent it off to the new winner the following season but cant speak to where is ended up beyond that. I was living in California at the time and had it on my shelf for a full year looking at me, hopefully someone didn’t just bust it out and add it to their collection.

slidekellyslide 04-12-2019 03:19 PM

I won it one year and never even got it because the previous winner couldn't find the time to send it to me. Not sure if that's where it ended or if they forwarded it on to the winner the following year.

Sterling Sports Auctions 04-12-2019 03:25 PM

Dan, That's really sad. It is amazing how things that are just meant for fun can not even be passed on. Hopefully it shows up. If I remember right someone had fixed him up pretty nice.