Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question for the board - USPS issue (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224484)

ghooper33 06-25-2016 11:19 AM

Great advise so far - thank you so much everyone. This is incredibly frustrating.

I will reach out to Brent to see if he can help and I found the number to the post office Consumer Affairs. I believe him signing for the package is illegal and I don't think the postmaster at the local post office has the authority to help.

Jantz 06-25-2016 12:43 PM

You might want to get copies of the signature confirmation form, if you haven't already.

Then sidestep the postmaster and take this higher. You can deal with it now or deal with it when it happens a second time. Your postal delivery person, whether it was good intentions or not, isn't being paid to make an $800 decision with your property.

4815162342 06-25-2016 01:00 PM

Question for the board - USPS issue

This happened to me before, but luckily the package was actually in my mailbox.

http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=190723

ghooper33 06-25-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jantz (Post 1554733)
You might want to get copies of the signature confirmation form, if you haven't already.

Then sidestep the postmaster and take this higher. You can deal with it now or deal with it when it happens a second time. Your postal delivery person, whether it was good intentions or not, isn't being paid to make an $800 decision with your property.

I have made copies of everything. I am hoping the Consumer Affairs number can help, but otherwise I am not sure how to find who I can escalate past the postmaster.

iwantitiwinit 06-25-2016 03:37 PM

The Post Office has to be liable in this case. Their employee, good intentions or not, fraudulently signed for your package you clearly have a viable action against them. This has to have happened many times so there is most likely a standard remedy. P.S. Word is many postal employees have primo card collections....

ALR-bishop 06-25-2016 03:54 PM

The question is, liable for what. When you put something of value in their hands what is their liability beyond what it is insured for. Not looking for an argument. The signature requirement was purchased by the seller. I am curious what remedy the seller has for the fraudulent signature beyond the cost of the service if there was no insurance. Maybe there was ?

buymycards 06-25-2016 04:00 PM

Po

The carrier absolutely is not allowed to sign for your package. Tell the postmaster that you want the carrier to pay for the package. Btw, the postmaster can use Google maps to pinpoint the exact location of where the package was scanned. The carrier may have put it in the neighbors mailbox.

CTDean 06-25-2016 04:11 PM

Postal Inspector

I have had very good luck by requesting assistance from the USPS Postal Inspectors in Washington, DC. File a report on the Postal Inspector website and your Postmaster will have to answer to the Postal Inspectors, trying to explain what happened to your $800 package.

nebboy 06-25-2016 04:37 PM

I was once a USPS carrier and, my suggestion is the you hammer the manager hard with a phone call or in person and tell him/her it it's is not turned over to the postal inspector ASAP you will report it your self and you must stay in the lope with what ever happens.

jimq 06-25-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1554813)
The carrier absolutely is not allowed to sign for your package. Tell the postmaster that you want the carrier to pay for the package. Btw, the postmaster can use Google maps to pinpoint the exact location of where the package was scanned. The carrier may have put it in the neighbors mailbox.

I haven't tried yet because it doesn't make sense, but do our "new" scanners have an option for anything but delivered to an individual when it comes to signature items?