Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How long currently for PSA to enter order into their system? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=250510)

luciobar1980 01-24-2018 06:49 PM

How long currently for PSA to enter order into their system?

They received my card on 1/9 and still no order has shown up. Geez, I wish they would just do this as a first task, even if it's going to sit for a while.

NYYFan63 01-24-2018 07:26 PM

I sent an order they received 11/24, entered into their system on 12/5 and I just got notice of my grades this evening. I will prob receive thjs Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarmee 01-24-2018 07:50 PM

Logging time at PSA suffered because they just moved buildings. According to a guy on blowout, he called and they said they are logging the submissions from Jan 8 today. My submission arrived on Jan 5, but they haven't logged it yet either.
However, the caller also said PSA has fully moved into the new building and should not use that as an excuse in the future. Hopefully this new building allows them to hire/seat more employees to log, grade, and slab and work their turnaround times back to their normal "estimated" timeframes. The past six months have been brutal, but nothing like BGS's "non-guaranteed" submissions that have been averaging 180 BUSINESS DAYS (aka 8 months) to get returned to submitters.

Slinger 01-24-2018 08:12 PM

Last I was told was 10-15(ish) business days to accept and log orders in to the system. But they told me that February looks better. Maybe they are getting caught up?

WillBBC 01-25-2018 02:30 PM

Too damn long. It's getting old.

jbsports33 01-25-2018 02:35 PM

I sent one out about the same time, not in the system yet!

ncinin 01-25-2018 02:43 PM

Depends on service level

They received a shipment from me on 1/24. Two invoices were for more expensive cards with 1 and 2 day turnaround. Both of those invoices were logged on 1/25.

I had a cheaper level invoice in the same shipment that has not been logged yet and probably won't be before next week.

On cheaper levels they are back logged but they seem to be on top of the more expensive service orders.

shagrotn77 01-25-2018 02:59 PM

Business, like everything else in life, is about setting expectations. And PSA does not do a good job of this. If my business were backlogged because of a major move, I would send out a mass email to my customers alerting them that there will be delays and apologizing for any inconvenience. My goodness, this is Business 101. Instead, they act it's business as usual and make you wait 45 minutes if you want to speak to someone in customer service. I just don't get it.

PiratesWS1979 01-25-2018 03:52 PM

I recently had a pre-56 CC special and 5-day express shipped together and log the same day, 10 days after arrival. The special popped in only SIX DAYS while the express took TWELVE.

CrackaJackKid 01-25-2018 04:15 PM

Mech

A month ago I sent in a pre war card for a Mech error. From the time they received my package at their facility, it took a month and a half to ship back. I guess the sense of urgency isn’t there at all when it’s a freebie.

ullmandds 01-25-2018 04:20 PM

Sounds a little like net neutrality??

deeg23 01-26-2018 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shagrotn77 (Post 1741962)
Business, like everything else in life, is about setting expectations. And PSA does not do a good job of this. If my business were backlogged because of a major move, I would send out a mass email to my customers alerting them that there will be delays and apologizing for any inconvenience. My goodness, this is Business 101. Instead, they act it's business as usual and make you wait 45 minutes if you want to speak to someone in customer service. I just don't get it.

There is an app called StockX where it is like the stock market, but for shoes. As a seller, you ship the shoes to them to authenticate and then they forward to the end customer. They were pretty backed up over the holidays and it was taking about 2 weeks for people to get their shoes (I think they quote just a few days). I think the CEO sent about 3 mass emails over the span of a month or so apologizing for the delays and that they were working around the clock to get orders shipped. AND THEN on top of that they ended ended up sending me a $20 coupon to use on a future purchase because I ordered a pair of shoes that came late. I didn’t even complain or anything. They just sent it to me. I was thoroughly impressed with their handling of that situation and sounds like PSA should take note!!

NYYFan63 01-26-2018 06:38 AM

I sent a 25 card 30-day order of some post war cards around Thanksgiving. It was delivered to PSA on November 24th, processed into their system on 12/5 and I got notice Wednesday evening my grades were available to review. They shipped the cards out last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kzoo 01-26-2018 06:51 AM

my order

I had two 'approximately 20 day turnaround' orders logged into their system on 12/5 and didn't get grades posted until around 35 business days later. Usually they're within a day of they're approximate turnaround times.

luciobar1980 01-26-2018 04:54 PM

I was hoping for an update tonight (friday), but alas...

luciobar1980 01-30-2018 10:19 PM

Geez, still nothin'.

bswhiten 02-03-2018 05:54 AM

I got an email from Nicholas saying they are 3 weeks behind entering the orders...even with express orders.

calvindog 02-03-2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bswhiten (Post 1744554)
I got an email from Nicholas saying they are 3 weeks behind entering the orders...even with express orders.

It's a bizarre mindset for a public company to receive a package on day 1 and not "enter" it into the system for a week -- and only then start counting the days for the type of order submitted. Very simple way to fix this mess: hire more people. Why won't they simply hire more people?

Peter_Spaeth 02-03-2018 12:35 PM

PSA must not be facing any significant competition is my take on things. People would rather wait a long time for PSA grades than use the other services.

Tennis13 02-03-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeg23 (Post 1742086)
There is an app called StockX where it is like the stock market, but for shoes. As a seller, you ship the shoes to them to authenticate and then they forward to the end customer. They were pretty backed up over the holidays and it was taking about 2 weeks for people to get their shoes (I think they quote just a few days). I think the CEO sent about 3 mass emails over the span of a month or so apologizing for the delays and that they were working around the clock to get orders shipped. AND THEN on top of that they ended ended up sending me a $20 coupon to use on a future purchase because I ordered a pair of shoes that came late. I didn’t even complain or anything. They just sent it to me. I was thoroughly impressed with their handling of that situation and sounds like PSA should take note!!

Unfortunately, way different market environment than PSA. PSA is a quasi Monopoly -- more of a differentiated oligopoly -- you should set your expectations around Comcast/Gas Company/Airline when thinking about what PSA will do. Unfortunately.

Snapolit1 02-03-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1744571)
It's a bizarre mindset for a public company to receive a package on day 1 and not "enter" it into the system for a week -- and only then start counting the days for the type of order submitted. Very simple way to fix this mess: hire more people. Why won't they simply hire more people?

As bad as PSA is, SGC is far worse. I tried to submit cards twice in the past year to SGC at shows. First of all, their form is obscenely complicated, as they try to capture in one form every single permutation of any conceivable order. Stupid. But worst of all was that both times I had some guy trying to help me who seemed like he was just dragged in off the street for $7/hr and was more befuddled that I was about the form. News flash: I'm in your system. Give you people iPads. Let them pull up my account and quickly enter information on an iPad and then let me sign it and then print me out a friggin receipt. It's not rocket science. I just donated stuff at Goodwill and the whole transaction to log it and give me a receipt took about 70 seconds. I've leased cars with less aggravation than trying to submit 1 ticket stub to SGC to encapsulate. It's like the entire technology revolution has somehow passed these guys by.

calvindog 02-03-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1744710)
As bad as PSA is, SGC is far worse. I tried to submit cards twice in the past year to SGC at shows. First of all, their form is obscenely complicated, as they tried to capture in one form every single permutation of any conceivable order. Stupid. But worst of all was that both times I had some guy trying to help me who seemed like he was just dragged in off the street for $7/hr and was more befuddled that I was about the form. News flash: I'm in your system. Give you people iPads. Let them pull up my account and quickly enter information on an iPad and then let me sign it and then print me out a friggin receipt. It's not rocket science. I just donated stuff at Goodwill and the whole transaction to log it and give me a receipt took about 70 seconds. I've leased cards with less aggravation than trying to submit 1 ticket stub to SGC to encapsulate. It's like the entire technology revolution has somehow passed these guys by.

I agree, the whole complicated paper submission thing for PSA and SGC is brutal. Inevitably what I want to submit I can't find and I need to call in for help. There has to be a way to streamline and simplify this process.

I'm biased towards SGC but I do find I get my submissions back way, way quicker than PSA. PSA does a good job but is just interminably slow and never hits promised benchmarks.

RedsFan1941 02-03-2018 02:18 PM

i rarely agree with steve, but he is spot-on about sgc's presence at shows. i see their table every year at strongsville. they have not been set up on time on the opening day of the show the past 3 years. the last 2 years, when they finally opened for business, there were 2 open boxes of cereal, styrofoam cups of OJ, and half-eaten granola bars on their tables.

calvindog 02-03-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1744737)
i rarely agree with steve, but he is spot-on about sgc's presence at shows. i see their table every year at strongsville. they have not been set up on time on the opening day of the show the past 3 years. the last 2 years, when they finally opened for business, there were 2 open boxes of cereal, styrofoam cups of OJ, and half-eaten granola bars on their tables.

If it was Cocoa Krispies they can be forgiven.

Republicaninmass 02-03-2018 02:56 PM

I believe SGC has changed their grading standards as well. Usually a haven for PSA qualified cards getting a true grade, now they are much more strict on centering, which I don't remember being the case. My last two psa cards came back two full grades lower at sgc.

swarmee 02-03-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1744731)
I agree, the whole complicated paper submission thing for PSA and SGC is brutal.

PSA has had an online submission wizard for over a year. It works really well. And it saves regularly so you can go back and update regularly before you decide to print it out and submit.

Peter_Spaeth 02-03-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1744710)
I've leased cards with less aggravation than trying to submit 1 ticket stub to SGC to encapsulate. It's like the entire technology revolution has somehow passed these guys by.

What cards do you have for lease, I may want to borrow some. :D:D

Snapolit1 02-03-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1744757)
What cards do you have for lease, I may want to borrow some. :D:D

Got me. Edited. Though it you want to lease my cards let me know. I might even be able to arrange a bailment, though would need to go back and brush up on quickly on bailment law.

Peter_Spaeth 02-03-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1744758)
Got me. Edited. Though it you want to lease my cards let me know. I might even be able to arrange a bailment, though would need to go back and brush up on quickly on bailment law.

Don Baylor and Ed Bailey would be good choices.

buymycards 02-04-2018 05:10 PM

Sgc

I sent some cards to SGC with their December special, which was, if I remember correctly a 40 day special. I had my order back in my hands in less than 20 business days.

I used their website this morning to get an order ready to mail tomorrow. It took me about 5 minutes to make my entries, print it out, and submit the order online.

Rick

luciobar1980 02-05-2018 11:11 AM

We're nearing a month and still no entry into their system :confused:

ngnichols 02-05-2018 11:16 AM

I am currently seeing about 2-4 weeks delay for them to actually put it into the system.

They are absolutely SLAMMED from orders and having moved to their new location in Cali.

They are basically where BGS was last year in terms of ability to get orders done in a timely manner. The thing that is saving them is that none of their services are guaranteed turnaround times vs. BGS being 100% guaranteed turnaround or it's free.

I get that there will be a little delay in getting it entered in with having to ship the order to them, but taking weeks to do so and then still not meeting the service level you paid for is pretty weak IMHO.

cardinalcollector 02-05-2018 11:35 AM

I sent a 15 card order in to PSA on 12-10-17 and it arrived 1-26-18, so 48 days might be a current estimate.

ngnichols 02-05-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalcollector (Post 1745283)
I sent a 15 card order in to PSA on 12-10-17 and it arrived 1-26-18, so 48 days might be a current estimate.

You mean they logged it in to their system on 1/26/18.

Probably got there about 3 days after you shipped it.

It's pretty clear they are backed-up pretty bad.

cardinalcollector 02-05-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnichols (Post 1745306)
You mean they logged it in to their system on 1/26/18.

Probably got there about 3 days after you shipped it.

It's pretty clear they are backed-up pretty bad.

To clarify:

Shipped to PSA 12-10-17
Logged in at PSA 12-28-17
Received by me 1-26-18

ngnichols 02-05-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalcollector (Post 1745327)
To clarify:

Shipped to PSA 12-10-17
Logged in at PSA 12-28-17
Received by me 1-26-18

Gotcha.

What service level did you submit under?

luciobar1980 02-05-2018 03:24 PM

Mine was just a reholder.. I imagine that is the slowest possible turnaround time.

cardinalcollector 02-05-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnichols (Post 1745348)
Gotcha.

What service level did you submit under?

New membership 10 day service, LOL

Snapolit1 02-05-2018 05:48 PM

I recently sent them 1 ticket stub and said 45 day was fine. I guess I will see it by Memorial Day.

Peter_Spaeth 02-05-2018 07:51 PM

I very seriously doubt this will affect their level of submissions, or market share. Which is really the big takeaway here IMO.

pingman59 02-05-2018 08:08 PM

Bizzare

Bizzare...My PSA bulk 45 business day submission, which arrived at PSA on January 9th, just shipped out today. My other submissions, which were 5 day and 10 day have yet to be graded and shipped.:confused:

bobbyw8469 02-05-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pingman59 (Post 1745452)
Bizzare...My PSA bulk 45 business day submission, which arrived at PSA on January 9th, just shipped out today. My other submissions, which were 5 day and 10 day have yet to be graded and shipped.:confused:

We are still waiting on a sub from November 11th.

ngnichols 02-06-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1745448)
I very seriously doubt this will affect their level of submissions, or market share. Which is really the big takeaway here IMO.

Don't be too sure about that. People can be quite fickle when you mess with their time and money.

robw1959 02-06-2018 11:42 AM

PSA received a 5-day and a 10-day submission from me in December. They didn't mail the 5-day back to me until February, and I'm still waiting for the 10-day. Glad I didn't choose anything longer than a 5 or 10-day!

Leon 02-07-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnichols (Post 1745567)
Don't be too sure about that. People can be quite fickle when you mess with their time and money.

I agree with Peter on this. Until other registries catch up PSA is the goose laying the golden eggs. They can pretty much do whatever they want to, so it seems.

Slinger 02-07-2018 11:43 AM

PSA signed for my 45 day bulk order on January 18, 2018.

Today (February 7, 2018) I am yet to make it into their system.

Still waiting......

Frank A 02-07-2018 12:59 PM

High grading prices and long waits. It doesn't get any better than that. There are 2 other fine services out there to deal with. They get my vote.

Republicaninmass 02-07-2018 01:22 PM

Bgs non guarantee time Is 83 BUSINESS days

nsaddict 02-07-2018 01:35 PM

My latest PSA 30 day took 47 business days. I noticed they had a lousy monthly special in January. Figured they'd get caught up a bit, but the Feb special has a decent one. And I'm thinking they will be getting heavier volume soon as the registry deadline is in May.

hcv123 02-07-2018 01:44 PM

How about lack of accuracy on top of taking forever??!!

So I sent a submission of 14 Topps test discs which was signed for the end of December, not logged in their system till January 15th and shipped back February 2nd. Not great, but not bad relative to some of the other stories on this thread. Now the ridiculousness.

For those who don't know the discs only exist in proof form and therefore PSA only grades them as authentic. I sent in discs in 3 different proof states from 2 different years(, 1967 yellow/white, 1967 red, white, yellow, black, 1968 final proof ). Each disc was labeled on the back of the card saver with the year, issue, player name and line number corresponding to the submission invoice as PSA required in the "old days". Something like " 1967 Topps Test Disc Roberto Clemente, line 4"

So when the grades pop - it shows that they DIDN'T grade 11 of the 14 discs stating "no spec info". They did grade 3 - 1967 Frank Robinson, 1967 Hank Aaron and 1967 Roberto Clemente.

Then the shipment arrives :eek::mad:
The Frank Robinson they graded was one of 4 of the 1967 red, white, yellow, black proofs I sent and the ONLY one graded properly. They did not grade the Clemente, The Aaron, or the Koufax from the same proof lot.
AND they mis-graded the 1968 Clemente and Aaron as 1967's. I don;t have words sufficient to express the utter frustration. I am waiting for a response from PSA for about 3 days now regarding both their "no grades" as well as the mistakes.