Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1st Time SGC Submission (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=91475)

Archive 12-09-2008 09:59 AM

1st Time SGC Submission

Posted By: <b>ChiSoxFan</b><p>I'm about ready to send my first batch of T206 cards to get graded by SGC. I was wondering when I submit them, if they believe one is a reprint, will it be graded as such, or will it be sent back as &quot;ungraded - reprint&quot;?<br><br>Thanks,<br>ChiSoxFan

Archive 12-09-2008 10:01 AM

1st Time SGC Submission

Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>They will not encapsualte it if they believe it to be a reprint. <br><br>One other note, if you would like them to encapsulate trimmed authentic cards, make sure you check the box at the top of the form to specify that.

Archive 12-09-2008 10:04 AM

1st Time SGC Submission

Posted By: <b>ChiSoxFan</b><p>Matt,<br><br>Thanks for the quick reply. That is what I thought would happen. Also, thanks for the reminder about the Authentic grade, I was planning on doing that also.<br><br>ChiSoxFan

Archive 12-09-2008 10:05 AM

1st Time SGC Submission

Posted By: <b>Shawn Chambers</b><p>I would also add...show the card to the board. I'm sure it could be spotted as a reprint if it is and will save you the submission dough.<br><br>Shawn

Archive 12-09-2008 06:26 PM

1st Time SGC Submission

Posted By: <b>Brian Lindholme</b><p>Guys , I assume the post above refers to SGC fixing that little check box on the form that approves SGC for grading as &quot;A&quot; Authentic?<br>When you print out the invoice to submit, the box mysteriously goes away.<br><br>I am still disturbed about the one time I tried to submit a card for grading.<br>The check box apparently disappeared upon printing, and I was returned an ungraded card with little explanation. I would have been satisfied with &quot;A&quot; in this case, although obviously a numerical grade would have been better.<br><br>I wasted 2 weeks and $40 on postage /insurance.<br><br>That was my first attempt, and so far my last at 3PG. I like the holders, but I don't like hassles like that.<br><br><br>Brian L<br>familytoad<br>Ridgefield, WA

Archive 12-09-2008 07:30 PM

1st Time SGC Submission

Posted By: <b>Ed Cavagnaro</b><p>I just encountered the same problem with the &quot;disappearing box&quot;. I contacted SGC and was told that they would slab the &quot;Authentics&quot; for free on my next submission. Also, I found out where the &quot;bug&quot; is located by doing some dummmy submissions. Apparently the &quot;Authentic&quot; box disappears ONLY if you check it off before checking off the grading tier box located just slightly above it. If the boxes are checked off in precise order than there is no problem...

Archive 12-09-2008 07:48 PM

1st Time SGC Submission

Posted By: <b>Brian Lindholme</b><p>That's good advice..maybe I will try again. I am sure that they could create data validations (edits) within their software that would prevent this from happening...but the fact that they will make it right...makes them alright with me.<br><br>Brian L<br>familytoad<br>Ridgefield, WA<br>

Archive 12-09-2008 08:25 PM

1st Time SGC Submission

Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>Edited because by 9:00 AM Central, SGC had contacted me and resolved the situation. <br><br><br><br>Thank you Brian. <br><br>