Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Possible stolen cards via USPS- Cards found! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=219749)

NewEnglandBaseBallist 03-18-2016 01:46 PM

Possible stolen cards via USPS- Cards found!

4 Attachment(s)
Won these two cards in the recent Sterling auction. USPS tracking shows that these were delivered to my mailing address at 2:40 P.M. Only problem is that I was at that address at that time, in full view of the mailbox and not only did I never see a package, I didn't see a mail carrier either. Please let me know if any of you see them on Ebay, etc. Thanks.

ZachS 03-18-2016 01:57 PM

Hopefully you're just jumping the gun here. There are probably several different reasons that the tracking is off from actual delivery.

bnorth 03-18-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewEnglandBaseBallist (Post 1516613)
Won these two cards in the recent Sterling auction. USPS tracking shows that these were delivered to my mailing address at 2:40 P.M. Only problem is that I was at that address at that time, in full view of the mailbox and not only did I never see a package, I didn't see a mail carrier either. Please let me know if any of you see them on Ebay, etc. Thanks.

Was that 2:40PM today? If so it could get delivered later today or tomorrow. Some carriers when running behind will scan stuff delivered before they actually deliver it. I have a couple friends that do it all the time. One delivers to my house so I have all my cards sent to my business address just so they don't touch my mail.

packs 03-18-2016 02:41 PM

Hope this works out for you. I didn't have cards stolen, but recently I sent my passport in for renewal and someone along the way (a person employed by the post office) slit the package open and stole my expiring passport. Can't trust anyone anymore.

keithsky 03-18-2016 02:41 PM

Wow that was only like an hour ago. I think you're panicking way too soon. Granted they're not my cards and my money but you need to wait a little bit to see how it plays out

begsu1013 03-18-2016 02:44 PM

and depending on whether youre last on the route means they might not even get delivered til tomorrow.

this actually happens quite frequently.

53Browns 03-18-2016 03:07 PM

Ive had this happen multiple times with USPS delivery. Tracking will show "delivered". Then they show up the next day.

NewEnglandBaseBallist 03-18-2016 04:41 PM

Thanks for the replies. Definitely jumped the gun. Turned out to be a minor mailing issue. Sterling got back to me quickly. Cards were recovered unharmed. I've heard a lot of horror stories about cards going missing in the mail, so I panicked. Whew! Everything is ok now.

Abeabe 03-18-2016 09:27 PM

Glad it worked out OK, I had a item marked as delivered wind up in Utah, when I was in NY. according to USPS, my package got stuck to someone else's but they did get it to me a few days later.

JollyElm 03-18-2016 11:13 PM

Sometimes you don't have to go to a massage parlor to get a happy ending. Glad it worked out!!

mickeymao34 03-19-2016 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyelm (Post 1516757)
sometimes you don't have to go to a massage parlor to get a happy ending. Glad it worked out!!

lol!

Republicaninmass 03-19-2016 02:05 AM

Cards were "recovered"?

NewEnglandBaseBallist 03-19-2016 05:35 AM

*received