Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   OT: Help! Autograph Book filled with Musicians (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=135655)

slidekellyslide 04-13-2011 05:45 PM

OT: Help! Autograph Book filled with Musicians

5 Attachment(s)
I picked up an autograph book at an auction last night and am curious as to perhaps a value and if you can help identify some of the autos....some of the autos that I did not scan were Charlie Daniels, Chubby Checker, Jeannie C. Riley, Bruce Weitz (Hill Street Blues?), and a few others.

I did not know until I got home that there is an autograph from Billy Neal who was the guitarist for the Stone Canyon Band, Ricky Nelson's backup band and he died in the plane crash that took Nelson's life. There are other members of the band in here too, but I can't decipher their names.

Vintagedegu 04-14-2011 07:22 PM

-

baseball tourist 04-14-2011 08:05 PM

Sorry

Can't help with values but that first shown sig reads "Bobby Neal"'not Billy.

slidekellyslide 04-14-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseball tourist (Post 886851)
Can't help with values but that first shown sig reads "Bobby Neal"'not Billy.

Mistyped on my part...Still the same guy that died in the plane crash with Ricky Nelson.

slidekellyslide 04-14-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintagedegu (Post 886836)
With Pat Upton, that'd have to be one of the last lineups (early 80s), but for the life of me I can't find a full list of members after the 70s Garden Party comeback years. Upton's still alive.

Even asked my mother, and she couldn't think of any names.

Thanks for looking into it for me...I couldn't find a complete lineup of band member either.

brickyardkennedy 04-14-2011 09:10 PM

Could the auto on the pink paper be "Bama Young"? Though I haven't the foggiest, who he is/was.

mr2686 04-15-2011 04:20 PM

Geez....I spend a couple of hours looking for a line-up of band members and came up with nothing.

slidekellyslide 04-15-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr2686 (Post 887073)
Geez....I spend a couple of hours looking for a line-up of band members and came up with nothing.

It's amazing to me that Wikipedia doesn't have a list of Stone Canyon Band members. They have lists of almost everything imaginable except for musicians who played with Ricky Nelson's band. :confused:

mr2686 04-16-2011 10:37 AM

I found the following...which does not match up with any of the autographs including Bobby Neal, so possibly this was more or a touring band as opposed to a recording band???
The Stone Canyon Band started out as Tom Brumley, Allen Kemp, Pat Shanahan and Randy Meisner, (Later additions included: Tim Cetera, Steve Love, Denis Larden , Ty Grimes and Jay DeWitt White).

martindl 04-16-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 887137)
It's amazing to me that Wikipedia doesn't have a list of Stone Canyon Band members. They have lists of almost everything imaginable except for musicians who played with Ricky Nelson's band. :confused:

I'm not surprised you're having such a hard time because Nelson had a constant revolving door of sessions musicians that backed him up. Try googling "session musician" and Ricky Nelson and you'll likely find more. Id do it for you but i'm on my way out the door, though i love this stuff and would rather stay and hunt. One auto I do know is Pat Upton, former lead vocalist for Spiral Staircase. I know he was a session for Nelson.

GoldenAge50s 04-16-2011 06:00 PM

According to a record book I have the Jordanaires also backed him up.