Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Boston Show 4/28 - 4/30 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238934)

Rich Falvo 04-27-2017 07:28 PM

Boston Show 4/28 - 4/30

Anyone going to the Boston show this weekend? I'm thinking of heading up there on Saturday.

TUM301 04-28-2017 05:25 AM

Shriner`s Show

Never miss a Wilmington show, best chance to see vintage in the New England area all year. April isn`t as big as the Nov show but still worth the drive with great items and up coming auction house previews. As an added bonus for me, my all time favorite hockey player John, "the Chief" Buyck will be signing Sat at 12:00.

obcbobd 04-28-2017 06:33 AM

I'm going Saturday AM and hopefully late this afternoon

scooter729 04-28-2017 07:09 AM

I'm passing this time around - last year's April Altman show was only half full on the floor, and the space that was there had few vintage dealers. There were even multiple home repair booths, window salesmen, T-shirt dealers, etc. - WTF were they doing at a card show?

Anyways, the $10 admission that they have jacked it up to now, the overflow of shiny stuff, the non-sports related tables - as Mark Cuban would say, for those reasons, I'm out.....

bunst 04-28-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter729 (Post 1655441)
I'm passing this time around - last year's April Altman show was only half full on the floor, and the space that was there had few vintage dealers. There were even multiple home repair booths, window salesmen, T-shirt dealers, etc. - WTF were they doing at a card show?

Anyways, the $10 admission that they have jacked it up to now, the overflow of shiny stuff, the non-sports related tables - as Mark Cuban would say, for those reasons, I'm out.....

Hmm, I was planning to go but now wondering if the 2-hour drive & $10 admission would be worth it from what you are saying. I always go to the November show and it is great.

scooter729 04-28-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunst (Post 1655551)
Hmm, I was planning to go but now wondering if the 2-hour drive & $10 admission would be worth it from what you are saying. I always go to the November show and it is great.

November is a totally different animal - absolutely well worth your drive. In my opinion the April one isn't worth it (different promoter, few vintage dealers, etc), but with so few live shows these days I'm sure many others will go and have a great time.....

aelefson 04-29-2017 03:30 PM

Hi-

I had a great time! I was there for most of the day (9:30-3) and as usual, there was a ton of nice vintage stuff to see and buy. I sold several things and also bought an Eddie Collins decal bat and some early tickets. I would definitely go if you live within a few hours (I will be back there most of the day tomorrow).

It was good to see and talk to several board members as usual, and Don H has his normal setup with amazing prewar and some postwar cards.

Alan

johnmh71 04-29-2017 06:26 PM

I went today and brought my son so that he could experience his first show. I found every vintage card that I was looking for and we had a great time.

TUM301 04-29-2017 06:37 PM

Wilmington Show

Got back from the Wilmington Show couple hours ago, happy to report many more dealers compared to past April shows. The vintage offerings are also on the upswing with the usual baseball but a nice increase in hockey/football/hoop and boxing. Memorabilia seemed even more available than ever. The Big Boys from Auctions Houses and Graders had their displays, hopefully you guys have SOME money after REA ends. Also, got a chance to converse with some local Net 54 members which is always nice.(putting a face to the threads per say). Overall a very good day and worth the trip. See you guys in Nov, happy hunting ! Alan thanx for the Ruth bro.

Huysmans 04-29-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aelefson (Post 1656039)
Hi-

I had a great time! I was there for most of the day (9:30-3) and as usual, there was a ton of nice vintage stuff to see and buy. I sold several things and also bought an Eddie Collins decal bat and some early tickets. I would definitely go if you live within a few hours (I will be back there most of the day tomorrow).

It was good to see and talk to several board members as usual, and Don H has his normal setup with amazing prewar and some postwar cards.

Alan

I was looking at that bat on Friday... He offered it at a price I couldn't refuse, but I did regrettably. I did grab a Spalding Gold Medal Autograph Harry Davis model from the same dealer though.
.... And there was/is lots of vintage cards there... A few dealers have some nice T-206 selections, both raw and graded.

Rich Falvo 04-29-2017 07:58 PM

I enjoyed the show. Lots of great vintage material. I went with a pretty narrow focus, so I only picked up one card, but I'm happy because it was a Cycle back that I didn't have.

Donscards 04-30-2017 03:04 PM

I am back from the Boston show---It was the best April Show ever---Plenty of Vintage dealers and the show was full----And Yes , the Cracker Jacks are hot---Today I sold 3 Hall of Fame CJ's---over the 3 day show I sold 8---I also purchased a nice low grade 1914 Honus Wagner and 15 Commons from 1915--There was a lot of buying and selling at the dealers tables--I was very pleased with the show---It was very nice having fellow Net54 members stop by my table---Yesterday we had 4 members chatting about the show and other great stuff--with Alan and Murph leading the way--These guys are so knowledgeable.