Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I’m done (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=251063)

Republicaninmass 02-08-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 (Post 1746359)
I've heard nothing but negative comments about PSA in 2018.

I can't believe SGC hasn't made a bigger push to put together a registry.

Did they ever get their message boards up? Between the failing of vintage cards and the turn time, I've been sending more to SGC as well

silvor 02-08-2018 07:26 PM

I submitted a card right before Christmas and it was graded within the 10 business days. Not sure what's happening lately.

bobbyw8469 02-08-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvor (Post 1746364)
I submitted a card right before Christmas and it was graded within the 10 business days. Not sure what's happening lately.

It's really getting bad over there. Everything is taking forever. Long time to log in the cards. Long time to get items graded. People are paying for rush service and instead, having items take months to get graded with no compensation whatsoever. Not a good way to run a business.

ronniehatesjazz 02-08-2018 08:16 PM

I couldn’t care less about the registry for my own cards but it’s definitely useful information. I love SGC though... always come back way before the states turnaround time and I think their slabs look awesome.

Aaron Seefeldt 02-08-2018 08:22 PM

What's the rush?

If your card is 100 years old and you plan to keep it forever... what's the rush? I'm not a "card submitter" so just asking

ngnichols 02-08-2018 08:24 PM

I know one of the issues they've had here in 2018 is they moved to a new/bigger location in California. Even so, that really shouldn't have produced the kind of delays that are being experienced by pretty much everyone, regardless of the service level they'd paid for.

I'm paying well below published rates so my ability to bitch is somewhat limited, but taking 2-3 weeks to enter stuff into their system and then not meeting their service level deadlines kinda ruffles me a bit.

It's pretty hard to give an estimate to my customers for PSA orders because of this so I guess the good thing is that most of them don't really care when they get their stuff back as they aren't needing to flip/sell immediately.

IMHO, they are basically where Beckett was this time last year - drowning in orders without enough man-power to handle it. They also followed the same path BGS did by thinking increasing prices would slow people down. It didn't then and it won't now. They are going to have to do something here pretty quick or even the most loyal submitters are going to start re-thinking their grading strategies.

I'm in a unique position being like 10 minutes from BGS so submitting with them is a breeze for me as I can just run by and drop it off in-person and the clock starts immediately. They are cranking out everything I hand them without issue so just keep that in-mind.

pokerplyr80 02-08-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackaJackKid (Post 1746351)
I always do and did this time as well. And I get that they are busy and backed up. But at the end of the day that’s not my problem. You offer a service and when you can’t deliver it’s bad for business. I realize they won’t miss a beat without my submissions but with the way they’re going about all this will prompt more and more people to consider SGC that aren’t in it totally just for manipulated resale value Psa holders get.

Yea I haven't mailed anything in a while. They're so close to my house I just drop stuff off in person now. Before when there was a delay getting an order in the system I would just call and they would help me out. That may no longer be the case if they're that backed up.

I wouldn't call the premium PSA cards sell for manipulated. The market seems to have decided they're worth more. Whether it's the registry, marketing, or a perception that they have tougher standards is certainly up for debate. I believe it's probably a combination of those, and maybe other factors, but it doesn't really matter at this point. They sell for the most so people will keep using them.

CrackaJackKid 02-09-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1746396)
Yea I haven't mailed anything in a while. They're so close to my house I just drop stuff off in person now. Before when there was a delay getting an order in the system I would just call and they would help me out. That may no longer be the case if they're that backed up.

I wouldn't call the premium PSA cards sell for manipulated. The market seems to have decided they're worth more. Whether it's the registry, marketing, or a perception that they have tougher standards is certainly up for debate. I believe it's probably a combination of those, and maybe other factors, but it doesn't really matter at this point. They sell for the most so people will keep using them.

It’s gotta be due to the registry cause their grading standards are so outta whack. Consistently inconsistent.

Leon 02-10-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackaJackKid (Post 1746596)
It’s gotta be due to the registry cause their grading standards are so outta whack. Consistently inconsistent.

I agree with this. Collectors feel PSA is a more valuable brand, right or wrong. That said, I still like SGC for vintage....and that is where my whole collection went to when it was sold a few years ago. If I collect another 20 yrs and sell again it will probably still go back to SGC. I feel they are better vintage graders (I don't know about newer stuff).....I have sent one submission to PSA and most likely that was my last one.

mechanicalman 02-10-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackaJackKid (Post 1746596)

If you believe them to be inconsistent, why did you send to them in the first place? Isn’t this thread about your delayed submission?