Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay best offer... two tricks to see (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=171795)

bn2cardz 07-04-2013 07:48 AM

Ebay best offer... two tricks to see

I found two tricks to see best offers.

This option no longer works, second post still works as well as the "print" option brought up later in the thread.

1) Put item where www is when looking at the item

Example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-E90-1-American-Caramel-Ty-Cobb-Detroit-Tigers-PSA-2-Good-/251296371894?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3a826e54b6&nm a=true&si=zgWTxi38oBaGVsEbuqYCZD73L%252Fg%253D&ori g_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Becomes:
http://item.ebay.com/itm/1909-E90-1-American-Caramel-Ty-Cobb-Detroit-Tigers-PSA-2-Good-/251296371894?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3a826e54b6&nm a=true&si=zgWTxi38oBaGVsEbuqYCZD73L%252Fg%253D&ori g_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

bn2cardz 07-04-2013 07:52 AM

2) Is a little more complicated, but if you use this link and change out a section and use it as the search bar you can see a list of best offers in the search area.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=cobb+%...ipg=200&_pgn=1

Where cobb+%28sgc%2Cpsa%29 is the search for Cobb (sgc, psa). This way you need to know some things.
+ equals space
%28 equals (
%2 equals ,
%29 equals )

I have been using these two ways this morning and it has been helpful so I thought I would pass it on.

Happy 4th.

xcgrammer 07-04-2013 09:39 AM

not sure I get what you mean "to see best offers." I tried it and it did not let me see what amount people had offered.

rainier2004 07-04-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcgrammer (Post 1154217)
not sure I get what you mean "to see best offers." I tried it and it did not let me see what amount people had offered.

Im thinking this refers to BO accepted

npa589 07-04-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainier2004 (Post 1154227)
Im thinking this refers to BO accepted

Bingo!

Also, there is another way that has recently been discussed on the board. Simply put, change "com" to "fr", which is eBay France. I tried it as of a couple days ago, and it still was revealing the accepted offer. My guess, however, is that this glitch, or whatever one would like to refer to it as, will be changed (caught) before the one Andy has shared. It used to work with ebay.ca, but that was caught a while ago.

Edited to add a thank you to Andy for sharing some other work-arounds!

bobbyw8469 07-04-2013 11:42 AM

What valid reason does Ebay give to not let buyers see the BEST OFFER price???

pawpawdiv9 07-04-2013 12:20 PM

the fr swap has been working for me and still does.

rainier2004 07-04-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1154258)

Im sure its b/c it wasn't broke so they had to fix it?

pencil1974 07-04-2013 01:21 PM

Thanks, thats a nice workaround there. I was upset with the quit the .ca but this works very nicely.

sports-rings 07-04-2013 01:47 PM

Great information! Thanks!

Ebay does this to "protect" sellers. If buyers know too much, they will gain an advantage and prices on the auction site will come down.

bn2cardz 07-04-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 1154268)

The FR works, but it has been spotty. Also it will change some parts to french. It is certainly still a work around, but as fast as all the other countries have disappeared I thought I would list two more that I had found worked this morning. The second one has been better for me as I can now see a full search instead of opening each auction.

auggiedoggy 07-04-2013 03:42 PM

buymycards 07-04-2013 03:51 PM

best offer

Why is it anyone else's business what the accepted offer was? If I am selling, the accepted offer is between me and the buyer and if I am buying it is between me and the seller. No one else needs to see it.

Rick

botn 07-04-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1154258)

Probably for the same reason that people on their BST threads remove the price they were asking for their cards after they sell them. :rolleyes:

CW 07-04-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1154326)
Why is it anyone else's business what the accepted offer was?

Short answer, because people want to see how much certain cards sell for, as this helps them gauge current market prices for certain cards.

This is good info to have, and I think we'd all agree that the more educated you are as a buyer, the better.

Previous sales info can be beneficial to sellers also, as it lets them know what to expect should they be selling a similar card. It can also help you judge the current value of your collection.

Quote:

If I am selling, the accepted offer is between me and the buyer and if I am buying it is between me and the seller. No one else needs to see it.

Rick
We may not need to, but we still want to, and it makes sense to educate yourself in this hobby with reference to pricing. These are ebay transactions, done in a public forum, and pricing should be viewable, imo.

freakhappy 07-04-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Why is it anyone else's business what the accepted offer was? If I am selling, the accepted offer is between me and the buyer and if I am buying it is between me and the seller. No one else needs to see it.

Rick

Without knowing what prices these cards sell for, we would have no idea what to price and buy our cards at. I think we all agree that this information is very important to our hobby and without it, the market would be all over the place. Cardtarget.com and other price guides are very handy and help most of us tremendously...so, yeah, I think it is our business to see what price is accepted.

bn2cardz 07-04-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Rick

Ebay, themselves, promote looking at past sales to sell on their site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebay Tips for successful selling
Plan your pricing strategy. Search completed eBay listings. You can also visit online stores that sell similar items to help you choose a price for your fixed price or auction-style listing, and decide whether you'd like to set a reserve price.

Source http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller-tips.html

So if they want us to search completed ebay listings so that we can price our stuff, then why don't they allow the information to be easily found?

Jlighter 07-04-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Rick

Because prices on arbitrary things are dependent on past prices.

ScottFandango 07-18-2013 06:51 PM

This is awesome

Thank you so much for this!!!!!

You are the man!

CardTarget 07-19-2013 08:15 AM

It's for items where sellers have 100 of them for sale and accept best offers. Any smart bidder would look at their previous auctions to see the lowest price they have accepted and offer that.

It's irrelevant for one-off's like sports cards but eBay can't separate the two.

ScottFandango 07-19-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardTarget (Post 1160091)
It's for items where sellers have 100 of them for sale and accept best offers. Any smart bidder would look at their previous auctions to see the lowest price they have accepted and offer that.

It's irrelevant for one-off's like sports cards but eBay can't separate the two.

way more useful than that!

i have been following certain big sellers who do BIN or best offer mainly and this is very useful to see what the item actually went for..

for instance, its VERY useful to see what a big group of T201s just went for...the Cobb PSA went for $650 (BIN $850/BO) but you would never have known the actual price without this TRICK!

Clydewally 05-10-2014 07:55 AM

Has ebay changed the system. I don't seem to be able to access prices using the "item" work around.

thecatspajamas 05-10-2014 09:12 AM

Yes, they have probably changed it. You can still get the info though by doing both:

1) change "www" to "item"
AND
2) change ".com" to ".ca"

It's probably only a matter of time until those methods are eliminated too, but that will get you there for now.

auggiedoggy 05-10-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 1154268)

Vive la France! ;)

Clydewally 05-10-2014 11:41 AM

Thanks

texmrsport 05-10-2014 11:55 AM

The other workaround to see accepted best offers.
Click "See original listing" next to the headline
Click "print" which is located to the right of the description header.

itjclarke 05-10-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecatspajamas (Post 1274826)
Yes, they have probably changed it. You can still get the info though by doing both:

1) change "www" to "item"
AND
2) change ".com" to ".ca"

It's probably only a matter of time until those methods are eliminated too, but that will get you there for now.

Nice, thanks for posting, I just noticed yesterday that the "item" method doesn't work anymore.

Sold price does seem to still work when viewing completed auctions on an iPhone also.

GoldenAge50s 05-10-2014 05:41 PM

Nice, thanks for posting, I just noticed yesterday that the "item" method doesn't work anymore.

It worked for me a little while ago.

Luke 05-10-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texmrsport (Post 1274865)
The other workaround to see accepted best offers.
Click "See original listing" next to the headline
Click "print" which is located to the right of the description header.

thank you for this!

whiteymet 05-10-2014 08:11 PM

Now all we need is a way to see the winning bidder and the underbidders ID's like we used to!!

MooseDog 05-11-2014 12:04 AM

There is an even easier way.

1) When looking at "Sold Listings" and you see a line through the green price and "Best Offer Accepted" underneath;

2) Click on the item title, then on the next screen after the item title at the top you see in small letters "See Original Listing", click on that.

3) This will bring you to the original listing page. Directly underneat the "Seller Information Box and directly to the the right of the "Description" and "Shipping Information" tabs you'll see "Print | Report Item.

4) Click on print and an pop-up window will display the item description with the actual sold price.

Clydewally 05-11-2014 06:53 AM

Thanks J.

That also worked.

BruceinGa 05-12-2014 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 1275032)
There is an even easier way.

1) When looking at "Sold Listings" and you see a line through the green price and "Best Offer Accepted" underneath;

2) Click on the item title, then on the next screen after the item title at the top you see in small letters "See Original Listing", click on that.

3) This will bring you to the original listing page. Directly underneat the "Seller Information Box and directly to the the right of the "Description" and "Shipping Information" tabs you'll see "Print | Report Item.

4) Click on print and an pop-up window will display the item description with the actual sold price.

I've used this, ever since it was posted here months ago. Thanks to the original poster!:D

Clydewally 10-26-2014 09:57 AM

Has this approach stopped working or am I just screwing it up. The link to the original listing seems to be gone.
If I am right, is there another way these days?

BruceinGa 10-26-2014 09:02 PM

still works for me.
(using the "print" method)

exitmusicgreen 10-26-2014 10:39 PM

Another easy way is to use sortsof.com, and switch mode to "Completed."

lharri3600 10-27-2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcgrammer (Post 1154217)

I believe he's referring to sold items

bn2cardz 10-27-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clydewally (Post 1337729)
Has this approach stopped working or am I just screwing it up. The link to the original listing seems to be gone.
If I am right, is there another way these days?

The original post (idea 1) no longer works. If you are looking at each individual page then as Bruce said the "print" option still works.

The more complicated idea still works to show you all the accepted offers as a list without having to look in each individual auction

Quote:

Originally Posted by bn2cardz (Post 1154176)
2) Is a little more complicated, but if you use this link and change out a section and use it as the search bar you can see a list of best offers in the search area.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=cobb+%...ipg=200&_pgn=1

Where cobb+%28sgc%2C+psa%29 is the search for Cobb (sgc, psa). This way you need to know some things.
+ equals space
%28 equals (
%2C equals ,
%29 equals )

I have been using these two ways this morning and it has been helpful so I thought I would pass it on.

Happy 4th.

Clydewally 10-28-2014 10:09 AM

Thanks, but I am confused. I am not sure what Bruce is looking at as I no longer see a link to the original listing.

Also, I tried your approach Andy and got a list of best offers for particular cards, but did not see the actual sales price anywhere.

The sortsof.com approach did work though, at least for the one card I checked it on.

bn2cardz 10-28-2014 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clydewally (Post 1338347)
Also, I tried your approach Andy and got a list of best offers for particular cards, but did not see the actual sales price anywhere.

On the ones that sold it is showing the sold prices in green. If you click on a particular auction it would show what the original asking was.

You can see what I am talking about by looking at the screen shots showing the price of $1100 for the Cobb signed check, but when you click on the auction the asking price was $1245. The search shows the actual sale price, non like your typical search.

Clydewally 10-29-2014 11:47 AM

Thanks again Andy

ynnek4 11-04-2014 07:48 AM

Another method...

I use the following method (I apologize in advance if this has already been mentioned):

http://www.watchcount.com/#serp

Just take the completed "best offer" eBay link and paste it into the "Keywords" box and press "Show me what's most popular!"

bn2cardz 11-04-2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynnek4 (Post 1340664)
I use the following method (I apologize in advance if this has already been mentioned):

http://www.watchcount.com/#serp

Just take the completed "best offer" eBay link and paste it into the "Keywords" box and press "Show me what's most popular!"

Did you mean to link to the "eBay Classic/Wildcard Search" that is also a very good method. Especially if you liked using the asterisk for wildcard searches (194* would cover the entire 1940's decade). It too can generate the link I was giving instructions on how to manually enter.

http://www.watchcount.com/ebay-search.php

BruceinGa 11-04-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clydewally (Post 1338347)
Thanks, but I am confused. I am not sure what Bruce is looking at as I no longer see a link to the original listing.

Find the sold/completed auction. Just to the right of the auction title there is "See original listing" in small type. Click on that. After the page reloads showing the original listing, look about half way down the page for "Print | Report item". Click on Print and the next page should show the selling price.

Clydewally 11-04-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceinGa (Post 1340829)
Find the sold/completed auction. Just to the right of the auction title there is "See original listing" in small type. Click on that. After the page reloads showing the original listing, look about half way down the page for "Print | Report item". Click on Print and the next page should show the selling price.

Thanks Bruce:
That used to work for me but I no longer am able to find the "See original listing" link anymore. I don't know if we are using different versions of Ebay. Maybe I have one of their typical unwanted "improvements."

whiteymet 02-25-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceinGa (Post 1340829)

Is it just me or did Ebay do away with this "hack"? I can no longer see the PRINT at the bottom.

If anyone knows another way to see the price agreed to in a buy it now offer accepted listing please post it here.

Thanks!

glchen 02-25-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 1384545)
Is it just me or did Ebay do away with this "hack"? I can no longer see the PRINT at the bottom.

If anyone knows another way to see the price agreed to in a buy it now offer accepted listing please post it here.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. The Print button seems to have disappeared, so I'm not sure how to see the best offer price anymore either.

Thromdog 02-25-2015 02:55 PM

Open up the listing, change the www.ebay.com in the url to item.ebay.ca

I just checked and it worked for me.

whiteymet 02-25-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thromdog (Post 1384563)

Thanks! That worked for me. But the "old" way clicking on the word "print" is not possible now as the "print" has disappeared.

bn2cardz 02-26-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thromdog (Post 1384563)

Agreed this is the only thing I have found to work now... soon they will figure this out and stop it as well. I really don't understand why they are doing this, they let people see the completed auction selling points so why not see the agreed upon BIN prices.