Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Authenticity Guarantee FAIL (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=346412)

Popcorn 02-16-2024 08:37 PM

Authenticity Guarantee FAIL

Anyone ever have a psa graded card pass authentication after purchasing but failed after selling? Even though it was never taken out of the AG sleeve? Just happened to me.

jjbond 02-16-2024 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popcorn (Post 2413596)
Anyone ever have a psa graded card pass authentication after purchasing but failed after selling? Even though it was never taken out of the AG sleeve? Just happened to me.

....so what exactly is the "guarantee"?

bk400 02-17-2024 01:42 AM

Would love to learn more details about this one...very troubling for a variety of reasons. Can you share the underlying facts of the case?

CardPadre 02-17-2024 05:53 AM

Authenticity Guarantee FAIL

My initial thought is something in the listing you created didn’t match the item correctly, so it failed on that technicality. Not that the card was now deemed inauthentic or anything along those lines. But more details are needed. A link to your listing might clear it up.

ncinin 02-18-2024 11:18 AM

EBAY guarantee is a crap shoot. I have sold Bazooka cards that were blessed but recently had a Bazooka card fail the guarantee but still shipped to the customer.

In a phone call they claimed a Bazooka card is not a baseball card because it is cut off a box with no stats and thus a box topper and not a baseball card and they view them as such.

I pointed out they did bless past Bazooka card sales (One recently) and since the card was graded the card went to PSA for authentication. I pointed out if you went to the PSA website and clicked on Pop report, click on Baseball Cards, click on 1966, that indeed PSA sees Bazooka cards as cards.

The guy sounded like Baghdad Bob and just repeated him self over and over.

I had a Kahn's card fail and was shipped back to me. I relisted it and it passed the second time.

It will drive you mad.

todeen 02-18-2024 02:30 PM

These stories are becoming so common that it's obvious that ebay promoted someone over authentication that had no business being there, and they have made changes that have ruined what was a fairly successful anti-fraud measure.

Trying to redefine "baseball card" is the worst blunder. They need to adopt SCD catalogue and leave it at that.

We are now witnessing the Peter Principle.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

Popcorn 02-21-2024 12:54 PM

Currently in contact with eBay about the situation. Why was it authorized in the first place if it’s bad?? I sent them the link from my purchase. They are looking into what they can do for me. It was an expensive card.

CardPadre 02-21-2024 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popcorn (Post 2414540)
Currently in contact with eBay about the situation. Why was it authorized in the first place if it’s bad?? I sent them the link from my purchase. They are looking into what they can do for me. It was an expensive card.

Posting the link to your listing so we can all get a little context would be helpful.

jchcollins 02-21-2024 05:02 PM

As I've said in different contexts here many times before - eBay has never invested in the category expertise / knowledge among their staff that would be required to become marginally competent at overseeing even a fraction of what they sell under their name in terms of sports collectibles.

That this kind of thing happens on the regular with 3rd party re-authenticators, left to be explained by clueless customer service reps fresh off the streets is hardly surprising at this point.

Popcorn 02-25-2024 06:34 PM

Wish I could say they are being more helpful but NO. Asking for a refund from my original purchase that was 5 figures because they now determine the card/slab is bad is reasonable to me.

Makes me want to go back to a PO Box cuz I never had a problem before this mess lol I was able to determine myself if a card graded or raw was good or not for almost 20 yr on there no problem. They said it was a good graded psa card so I took their word for for it.

Zach Wheat 03-01-2024 07:28 AM

I had a similar situation with an "Authenticiy Guaranty" but eBay found a way to make it right and gave me a refund. I was pleasantly surprised.

Gorditadogg 04-01-2024 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popcorn (Post 2415439)
Wish I could say they are being more helpful but NO. Asking for a refund from my original purchase that was 5 figures because they now determine the card/slab is bad is reasonable to me.

Makes me want to go back to a PO Box cuz I never had a problem before this mess lol I was able to determine myself if a card graded or raw was good or not for almost 20 yr on there no problem. They said it was a good graded psa card so I took their word for for it.

OK so let me see if I understand.

You bought a PSA graded card on ebay. The seller sent it to PSA for authentication and they approved it.

Then later you resold it on ebay, sent the card to PSA for a second authentication and they rejected it?

That is a crazy story. Do you have any idea why PSA did what they did?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk