Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Buy/Sell/Trade problem with member (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=225480)

eastonfalcon19 07-14-2016 06:43 PM

Buy/Sell/Trade problem with member

So yesterday a member had signed baseballs for sale. I messaged him last night saying I would take the Gary Sheffield 96 AS ball for $10. At 9:53 he sent me a message back saying that it was all mine, send payment to his paypal. So today after work I jump on my computer to send him the payment and I get a message from the member saying that the Sheffield ball has been sold in a group lot to another memeber.

Let's just say that I will not be dealing with him anymore. Sorry for the rant!

Thank you,
Ron Vail

gnaz01 07-14-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastonfalcon19 (Post 1561825)
So yesterday a member had signed baseballs for sale. I messaged him last night saying I would take the Gary Sheffield 96 AS ball for $10. At 9:53 he sent me a message back saying that it was all mine, send payment to his paypal. So today after work I jump on my computer to send him the payment and I get a message from the member saying that the Sheffield ball has been sold in a group lot to another memeber.

Let's just say that I will not be dealing with him anymore. Sorry for the rant!

Thank you,
Ron Vail

FWIW, the seller is a VERY trusted seller, I don't know the whole story but I've done dozens of deals with him and all was SUPER TOP NOTCH.

Greg

eastonfalcon19 07-14-2016 06:53 PM

Greg, I've bought stuff from him as well in the past and never had an issue.

If I sell an item to somebody and then go and sell that item to someone else, I just don't think that's right but that's just me.

Leon 07-14-2016 08:32 PM

That really shouldn't happen. When someone says it's yours it should be yours.

Lordstan 07-14-2016 10:37 PM

Ron,
It's an unfortunate situation that should never happen. If someone says its yours, they should follow through with that. Anything else is poor business practice.
Best,
Mark

bnorth 07-15-2016 05:44 AM

That sucks and there seems to be a rash of bad things from board members going on now.

Would like to hear an explanation from the seller as to what happened. 2 of my favorite memorabilia pieces were bought from him. Nothing else will be purchased till I hear a explanation.

RichardSimon 07-15-2016 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1561856)
That really shouldn't happen. When someone says it's yours it should be yours.

+1

quinnsryche 07-15-2016 09:40 AM

Well, everyone knows it's me so let me explain my side. It was almost 24 hrs before I heard back so I sold to another member who paid immediately. I know the time frame seems fair but here's the deal, on this post alone, I had 3 different members inquire about items and say "I'll take it". After that, I never heard from any of them again. I will not name names or call anyone out as I just move on (not like some, apparently). This is not the only time this has happened, it happens more than I would like. I really can't believe someone started a thread to bitch about a $10 purchase.

eastonfalcon19 07-15-2016 10:36 AM

Tony it's not about the price. I bought from you and other members in the past and never had an issue and will never have an issue paying. So please don't group me with the other people.

UnVme7 07-15-2016 10:53 AM

When someone tells me they want an item, I give them a few hrs or so unless there are other arrangements.

I will say this--- I have been burned soooooo many times from ppl saying "I'll take it" and then I never hear from them again and I lose out on other ppl during that time not wanting it anymore. I had to start blocking ppl because some did it multiple times.

Money talks most of the time. It's a $10 ball, just move on....

quinnsryche 07-15-2016 10:54 AM

Ron, I never said you were a problem with paying but with the rash of instances lately (some with members who I've never had a problem before) I never know what to expect. I'm sorry it happened and I'll try my best to not let it happen again.

vintagetoppsguy 07-15-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinnsryche (Post 1561976)
I had 3 different members inquire about items and say "I'll take it". After that, I never heard from any of them again. I will not name names or call anyone out...

You should name names. Other sellers have a right to know. As Ben mentioned, there seems to be a lot of bad things with board members lately regarding the BST, and I think other board members have a right to know who these people are so that we can avoid doing business with them.

eastonfalcon19 07-15-2016 11:06 AM

OK I apologize for not paying right away Tony. That won't happen again.

Leon 07-15-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnVme7 (Post 1561999)
When someone tells me they want an item, I give them a few hrs or so unless there are other arrangements.

I will say this--- I have been burned soooooo many times from ppl saying "I'll take it" and then I never hear from them again and I lose out on other ppl during that time not wanting it anymore. I had to start blocking ppl because some did it multiple times.

Members should PM me about other members poor BST behavior. While backing out of "a" deal with no one harmed won't be a major issue, doing it multiple times will get them kicked off the BST. But if I never know then nothing can be done. Members who PM me stay private. This all being said, more times than not, there is more than 1 side to a story. But please PM me when someone doesn't follow through and eventually that person won't be here anymore *(if it happens often or more than once in a short period).....

quinnsryche 07-15-2016 12:43 PM

Ron, again I apologize. PM me and you can have any $10 ball I have listed free of charge (shipping also on me). Just let me know your shipping info and what ball you want and hopefully I can make this situation a bit more palatable. As far as putting names out there I am not going to do that because there is no harm done. I just ask that if someone wants something and commits, please follow through and I will do the same.
Hopefully this all will put this issue to rest.

1952boyntoncollector 07-15-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnVme7 (Post 1561999)

right, money talks. I probably give a little more time if its a $10 item. If i got a guy saying hell take a card for $9500 and i have a backup offer, i not going to wait around with just an 'ill take it' if i dont know have a 'pay by' date...

i would want to know when getting paid by on a high dollar item..

bnorth 07-15-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinnsryche (Post 1561976)
Well, everyone knows it's me so let me explain my side. It was almost 24 hrs before I heard back so I sold to another member who paid immediately. I know the time frame seems fair but here's the deal, on this post alone, I had 3 different members inquire about items and say "I'll take it". After that, I never heard from any of them again. I will not name names or call anyone out as I just move on (not like some, apparently). This is not the only time this has happened, it happens more than I would like. I really can't believe someone started a thread to bitch about a $10 purchase.

Thank you for the explanation, it is always good to hear both sides.

Bestdj777 07-15-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinnsryche (Post 1562038)
Ron, again I apologize. PM me and you can have any $10 ball I have listed free of charge (shipping also on me). Just let me know your shipping info and what ball you want and hopefully I can make this situation a bit more palatable. As far as putting names out there I am not going to do that because there is no harm done. I just ask that if someone wants something and commits, please follow through and I will do the same.
Hopefully this all will put this issue to rest.

You are a class act Tony.

UnVme7 07-15-2016 07:07 PM

Tony is pretty stand up with things.

A few years ago I had purchased a handful of signed 8x10's from him that the PO got wet when delivered. It ruined about 4 of the photos. No questions were asked and he apologized and gave me a discount towards a future purchase or gave me a partial refund(don't remember which one). Not something he had to do.

Lordstan 07-15-2016 07:33 PM

Tony,
I understand your predicament and can understand your frustration for poor buyers. I have been fortunate and not had anyone back out or disappear after committing, but I sell a lot less than you do.

I think a good way to prevent this is for both buyers and sellers alike to be clear on terms. If a buyers says I'll take and can't pay right away, they should tell the seller when they will with the understanding that if payment isn't made by then, the item is up for grabs. On the flip side, if a seller needs payment right away that should be stated as well.

Glad this got cleared up.

Scott Garner 07-15-2016 07:58 PM

I have made quite a few purchases with Tony in the past & have found him to be terrific.