Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay tips & tricks (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63220)

Archive 03-07-2003 11:07 AM

Ebay tips & tricks

Posted By: <b>Ben&nbsp; </b><p>I'm sure many contributers to the board have mastered the art of Ebay scouring, but for those who haven't, I thought this thread might be a big help. I'll start things off with a basic tip that I have found useful in the past.<BR><BR>If you are looking for a specific card, you can have ebay email you if and when that card is listed. Here's how its done: <BR><BR>After entering a card name on the main search page, there will be an option in the upper right corner that says "save this search". Click that. You will then be automatically transferred to your "my ebay" page, and the card name you entered will be registered in your "favorite searches". Then, you click on the box under the heading "email me" in the favorite searches category. Voila! you will now receive an email whenever that card appears on ebay.<BR><BR>Anybody have any usefull ebay tips/tricks to share?<BR><BR>

Archive 03-07-2003 11:42 AM

Ebay tips & tricks

Posted By: <b>ockday</b><p>but they do limit you to only 3 "email me's"

Archive 03-07-2003 11:42 AM

Ebay tips & tricks

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I recommend adding -(rp,pf,reprint,replica,AAA) and then left-clicking the box to the left of "In titles and descriptions" (found under "search"). This will eliminate all "feldman234" cards, as well as anything graded by the "super tough AAA" and any of those reprinted panoramas that have flooded ebay.<BR><BR>If there is a particular seller that I really don't like, I try to find some unique bit of text in their description and add it to the -( , ,) clause as well. For instance, if you don't trust any sellers who have "sold as is" in their description, or some other phrase that might indicate fraud to you, simply add that to your search:<BR><BR>-(rp,pf,reprint,replica,AAA,"sold as is","god bless")<BR><BR>On the other hand, if someone has a description that says "this ain't no reprint!", their item will also be eliminated from the above example search.

Archive 03-07-2003 01:07 PM

Ebay tips & tricks

Posted By: <b>quan</b><p>just be aware that ebay make take up to a few days to notify you of your item(s)...so if there's a sweet BIN on it, you may be too late.

Archive 03-07-2003 02:11 PM

Ebay tips & tricks

Posted By: <b>jeff s</b><p>Save (bookmark) your searches. <BR><BR>I'm lazy, so I don't like going to the baseball:memorabilia:other section every day and typing "spalding*" or something, so I do that once, click on the "newly listed" option, and then bookmark that page. That way, every time I get online, I go to each of about 7 search pages without having to type a letter or navigate a single eBay category.