Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   big thank you auction for Safe Haven Furever (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=266736)

robkas68 03-10-2019 07:12 AM

big thank you auction for Safe Haven Furever

I just want to give a big thank you to Raymond Culpepper, Randy Capel and Bob Andrews. I auctioned two doubles of mine on this site, a 1954 Topps Spahn psa 6 o/c and a 1955 Bowman Mathews psa 4 mk. The auction benefited Safe Haven Furever. Certainly not “wow” cards, but I was hoping to raise about $60 for the Haven.

Raymond Culpepper won both cards for a total of $85 which is in itself a generous bid. Raymond paid but then declined to take the cards and asked me to offer them to the underbidders. Randy Capel and Bob Andrews stepped in and took the cards with an additional donation. Their generosity turned $60 worth of cards into a $165 donation to the Safe Haven.

PS-another auction coming

Rob

nsaddict 03-10-2019 08:44 AM

Great gesture and kudos to those stepping up! Good luck on your future auctions!

Leon 03-10-2019 02:34 PM

That is awesome, guys. Bill, the doggies and myself appreciate every single dollar very much. Thanks to all involved!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by robkas68 (Post 1861421)
I just want to give a big thank you to Raymond Culpepper, Randy Capel and Bob Andrews. I auctioned two doubles of mine on this site, a 1954 Topps Spahn psa 6 o/c and a 1955 Bowman Mathews psa 4 mk. The auction benefited Safe Haven Furever. Certainly not “wow” cards, but I was hoping to raise about $60 for the Haven.

Raymond Culpepper won both cards for a total of $85 which is in itself a generous bid. Raymond paid but then declined to take the cards and asked me to offer them to the underbidders. Randy Capel and Bob Andrews stepped in and took the cards with an additional donation. Their generosity turned $60 worth of cards into a $165 donation to the Safe Haven.

PS-another auction coming

Rob

Luke 03-10-2019 03:13 PM

Wow, wonderful gesture Raymond!

robkas68 03-10-2019 09:47 PM

new auction posted

two new auctions benefiting the Safe Haven posted

Leon 03-12-2019 02:22 PM

Thanks again to all who are helping to save doggies.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=266781

forazzurri2axz 03-14-2019 03:31 PM

Big thanks from all the doggies

Big shout out of thanks to Rob Kasenter and all the bidders, (especially Raymond Culpepper who also lives here in Ga). Tomorrow do a 5 hour round trip and take 2 doggies recently liberated to Augusta Ga. That's where we hook up with a transport taking about 20+ dogs up north, as far as Vermont. Most of these Ga dogs go from a danger list (euthed) to a forever family within about a month or two.
Will be sending more pics to Leon today--hope y'all enjoy seeing them !!

Bill Latzko, on the way towards 150 saved

commishbob 03-14-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forazzurri2axz (Post 1862621)
Big shout out of thanks to Rob Kasenter and all the bidders, (especially Raymond Culpepper who also lives here in Ga). Tomorrow do a 5 hour round trip and take 2 doggies recently liberated to Augusta Ga. That's where we hook up with a transport taking about 20+ dogs up north, as far as Vermont. Most of these Ga dogs go from a danger list (euthed) to a forever family within about a month or two.
Will be sending more pics to Leon today--hope y'all enjoy seeing them !!

Bill Latzko, on the way towards 150 saved

Awesome stuff. Thanks for all you do.

xplainer 03-14-2019 05:04 PM

The folks on Net54 are really, really, the best in the collecting world. The best Jerry, the Best.
Never had an issue and always the best outcome.
Not surprising.
Great to hear.

Leon 03-17-2019 06:01 PM

Thanks guys!!

3 Attachment(s)
WE have some of the very best members, no doubt about it. Some more we helped save. Thanks again, Bill. You are a hero to the pups (and me).

robkas68 03-17-2019 07:10 PM

Thank you

Thank you to Bob Donaldson, Bob Andrews, Randy Capel and Raymond Culpepper for the generous bids. A bigger thanks to Bill for saving 150 dogs and Leon for his support. Another auction coming.

Rob

clydepepper 03-17-2019 07:14 PM

Leon- Thanks for sharing the pics - They are adorable!