Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Huggins & Scott (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=133677)

margoaepi 02-24-2011 07:15 PM

Huggins & Scott

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Josh Wulkan at Huggins and Scott for making my first consignment a smooth and easy transaction. He was professional and attentive. Given that people spend a lot of time bashing auction houses (and often justifiably so), I wanted to take the time to point out a job well done. Thanks Josh!

bobbyw8469 02-24-2011 07:28 PM

Cool deal! Were you pleased with the price your consigment obtained? And did they do right by you regarding the consignment fee?

margoaepi 02-24-2011 07:30 PM

They certainly did right by me with the consignment fee. As far as the end result, I'll let you know after their upcoming auction.

perezfan 02-24-2011 07:53 PM

Was your consignment valued over $500? I had a number of nice pieces in the $500 range, that he rejected. He said that they were only pursuing items OVER $500 in value. This surprised me, as I have seen many items in their catalogues sell for less than that amount (on numerous occasion).

Anyway, I ended up consigning 5 of these lots to Hunt's, and they all ended up realizing between $400 - $800. I was a bit surprised that H & S wouldn't want them, but that's now "water under the bridge".

Best of luck with your consignments :)

margoaepi 02-24-2011 11:03 PM

The items were grouped in such a way so that they were over $500. Had I not wanted to group them together they presented me with other alternatives.

whitey19thcentury 02-25-2011 08:13 AM

Glad to hear about H&S. They are one of the last of the "major" auctionhouses I have yet to consign with. 95% of my consignments are autographed pieces, and to be quite frank, I am kind of leery consigning with H&S b/c their autograph lots, for whatever reason, seem to go for less (sometimes slightly, sometimes much) than similar lots in other auctions.

bobbyw8469 02-25-2011 08:28 AM

I am surprised H&S didn't want your consignment?? WIth competition getting stiffer and stiffer I would think you could fish around for the best deal. Me personally, I have only consigned stuff with two online auction houses, and one ebay auction seller. One of the two big name online auction houses got me great prices, while a similar but different auction house, I actually lost quite a good bit of money, and I will probably not be consigning anything else with them unless their sales turn back around. The Ebay seller was pretty typical for Ebay - some lots were nice surprises, some lots got overlooked and sold at a significant discount. His presentation was great and I have no complaints whatsoever. If the bids aren't there, they just aren't there.....

IronHorse2130 02-27-2011 09:46 AM

I consigned an item to the January Huggins and Scott Auction that sold for $600.00 (before the juice). I have sold several items with them over the years and they have always been very friendly and paid in a timely manner. I've also purchased a few lots from them without any problems.