Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/T Game Used Section of Net54Baseball (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=348174)

Leon 04-07-2024 12:05 PM

O/T Game Used Section of Net54Baseball

Here is a separate thread to discuss having a dedicated Game Used Section on Net54baseball. As mentioned, it would be nice to have a GU guy take the ball and run with it.
Having the same forum rules would be all I ask for. Specifically, involving the anonymity of members writing things concerning others, or businesses. Anonymous keyboard warriors, in 98% of the cases, is a huge peeve of mine and not something I would want to be a part of. BODA guys not withstanding, those guys rock :)....They get a pass but not many others.

We can (I think) get some sections built out without too much fanfare, if there is enough interest?

Mark17 04-07-2024 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2425069)
Here is a separate thread to discuss having a dedicated Game Used Section on Net54baseball. As mentioned, it would be nice to have a GU guy take the ball and run with it.
Having the same forum rules would be all I ask for. Specifically, involving the anonymity of members writing things concerning others, or businesses. Anonymous keyboard warriors, in 98% of the cases, is a huge peeve of mine and not something I would want to be a part of. BODA guys not withstanding, those guys rock :)....They get a pass but not many others.

We can (I think) get some sections built out without too much fanfare, if there is enough interest?

I'd visit such a section multiple times a day, and contribute with posts, but I'm not qualified to manage anything.

Vintagedeputy 04-07-2024 12:23 PM

Game used is a huge part of my collection. I’m all for it.

SyrNy1960 04-07-2024 03:16 PM

I lack the knowledge and ability to run it, but I would be an active part of it daily.

MGHPro 04-07-2024 03:16 PM

Yes, that would be nice to have

MVSNYC 04-07-2024 03:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Would be a participant, but not able to manage.

As Leon says, every thread needs an image...here's two... :)

My Game Used Jeter Rookie Bat, and Game Worn Jeter Jersey from his final season...both currently on loan & displayed in Yankee Stadium's Museum.

SyrNy1960 04-07-2024 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 2425123)
Would be a participant, but not able to manage.

As Leon says, every thread needs an image...here's two... :)

My Game Used Jeter Rookie Bat, and Game Worn Jeter Jersey from his final season...both currently on loan & displayed in Yankee Stadium's Museum.

Michael,

You have some great game used pieces. Love this Jeter bat, and the other pounded Jeter bat you own!

Tony

MVSNYC 04-07-2024 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Tony!

It's the same bat. The lighting in the above photo makes it hard to see the Mota Stick/Pine Tar and ball (and cleat) marks, etc.

Here's the same bat shot with better light:

Neal 04-07-2024 09:40 PM

Good stuff, Michael!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

cubman1941 04-08-2024 05:34 AM

I also am not qualified to run a forum and also only have a few Game Used items but would like to offer the following comment. Probably would really have to spell out what Game Used means as I can see a lot of modern cards showing up.

SyrNy1960 04-08-2024 07:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
With so many categories for game used, it would be nice if it could be set up the same way as GUU. However, NET54 isn't set up that way.

Just a few thoughts I had in the attached of how it could look/work.

SyrNy1960 04-08-2024 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 2425183)
Thanks Tony!

It's the same bat. The lighting in the above photo makes it hard to see the Mota Stick/Pine Tar and ball (and cleat) marks, etc.

Here's the same bat shot with better light:

True example of a players favorite bat, pounded with tremendous use. Love it!

perezfan 04-08-2024 10:18 AM

It would be a great thing to have, as this is currently a real void in the hobby. I would frequent it multiple times per week.

It could command its own page, or could be added as a "Game-Used" sub-forum (adjacent to the "Autographs" sub-forum at the top of the Memorabilia page).

It might get lost or overlooked if relegated to just a sub-forum. I would love to see it have its own page with sub-categories for the following...

Bats
Uniforms
Caps/Helmets
Gloves
Jackets
Catchers Gear
Game-Used Cards
Tagging Database
BST
Etc.

The Tagging Database would be especially helpful to collectors who want to determine authenticity and/or dating of given items. The key would be to expand collector awareness and create enough "traffic" to warrant such a page. It might take some advertising and/or promotion to build the necessary awareness and excitement.

Hope it comes to fruition!

SyrNy1960 04-08-2024 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2425262)
It would be a great thing to have, as this is currently a real void in the hobby. I would frequent it multiple times per week.

It could command its own page, or could be added as a "Game-Used" sub-forum (adjacent to the "Autographs" sub-forum at the top of the Memorabilia page).

It might get lost or overlooked if relegated to just a sub-forum. I would love to see it have its own page with sub-categories for the following...

Bats
Uniforms
Caps/Helmets
Gloves
Jackets
Catchers Gear
Game-Used Cards
Tagging Database
BST
Etc.

The Tagging Database would be especially helpful to collectors who want to determine authenticity and/or dating of given items. The key would be to expand collector awareness and create enough "traffic" to warrant such a page. It might take some advertising and/or promotion to build the necessary awareness and excitement.

Hope it comes to fruition!

The more you guys post about this, the more excited I get. I agree , it’s been a real void in the hobby, and I believe many game used collectors have been waiting for something like this again.

Leon 04-08-2024 10:47 AM

Thanks so far, guys. I will be looking into how to do the sections. Keep the suggestions coming...

bnorth 04-08-2024 10:56 AM

Like usual I am little to no help but would also love to see a game used section. I went from only collecting cards to adding bats a few years ago.

Leon 04-08-2024 11:48 AM

Apparently this concept has been tried before. Viola, the sections are reintstated with the old data still populated. Check out the Memorabilia side. I think we can do some rearranging or adding and subtracting, but it's a (jump) start...

Snapolit1 04-09-2024 06:11 AM

Would love to see a stand alone section for photographs.

Leon 04-09-2024 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2425427)
Would love to see a stand alone section for photographs.

I understand your point, but we could have a stand alone section for everything. Photos are considered memorabilia. We get like 3 new posts/threads a day over there. Not sure a separate section makes sense.....

Snapolit1 04-09-2024 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2425429)
I understand your point, but we could have a stand alone section for everything. Photos are considered memorabilia. We get like 3 new posts/threads a day over there. Not sure a separate section makes sense.....

Here you, but seems like photo posts also end up on the front page.

perezfan 04-09-2024 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2425439)
Here you, but seems like photo posts also end up on the front page.

How did this thread ever end up hear? :rolleyes:

brianp-beme 04-09-2024 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2425495)
How did this thread ever end up hear? :rolleyes:

My thread hears no here there.

Brian