Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sorry For the Lack of Posting (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=167389)

wazoo 04-18-2013 09:46 PM

Sorry For the Lack of Posting

Hey everyone,
Long time no talk! Sorry for being so inactive, baseball is back and my team is calling. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to complete everything. Well I'm still reading everything, but my comments may be a little limited. I hope all is well.

Have I missed much?

mrvster 04-18-2013 09:51 PM

Wazoo!

Great to hear from you! We miss your posts, but duty calls......:)

Hope your team is kicking Ass and your doing great....

When your not posting, your still here in spirit....;)

I'm still Freak hunting :D

Eric72 04-18-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1119773)
Hey everyone,
Long time no talk! Sorry for being so inactive, baseball is back and my team is calling. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to complete everything. Well I'm still reading everything, but my comments may be a little limited. I hope all is well.

Have I missed much?

WAZ...I trust you are doing OK.

Yes, you missed a little...but all is well here. There have been a few new members whose threads have attracted a bit of attention. Other than that, we're all good.

Hope all is well.

Best Regards,

Eric

Tobacco&Gum 04-18-2013 09:55 PM

Was just thinking the other day that you hadn't posted in a while.

Glad all is well with you! Have fun!

wazoo 04-18-2013 09:59 PM

Thanks for all the responses guys! Yeah I'm still all active with the board, and can't wait to show my new batch! I'll be back at it, especially with summer vacation around the corner.

Team is doing well, I'm so happy to be back. We're taking it back to the state championship. Playing on the minor league field was a dream come true!

Eric72 04-18-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1119784)

We're taking it back to the state championship

Go get 'em, Waz!

wazoo 04-18-2013 10:47 PM

Thanks Eric! Time to make some more dreams come true!

CobbSpikedMe 04-18-2013 11:35 PM

Waz!

Great to see you around again man. I was also wondering what happened to you. Can't wait to see your new pickups. Best of luck with your run for the championship.

Best regards.

AndyH

itjclarke 04-19-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1119784)
Team is doing well, I'm so happy to be back. We're taking it back to the state championship. Playing on the minor league field was a dream come true!

Cards are great.. but nothing beats real baseball, and playing real baseball at that! I'm reminded how great a game it is everytime I go running and see the high school games in Golden Gate Park... I just take laps endlessly around the field and soak in some good ball (end up shagging a lot of fouls also). Enjoy it and good luck!

atx840 04-19-2013 12:43 AM

Nice to hear from you Wazz...glad all is good :cool:

AMBST95 04-19-2013 04:58 AM

Good to hear from you waz. Good luck with your season!

wazoo 04-19-2013 08:43 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys. Johnny and new scrap?!

Best regards, and happy hunting!

g_vezina_c55 04-19-2013 08:47 AM

Nice to read you Wazz !!

whitehse 04-19-2013 08:47 AM

So for those with failing memories or the newbies that are here now....fill us in on the baseball exploits that you are speaking of. It sounds like you might have a pretty good story to share.

wazoo 04-19-2013 09:05 AM

Last year I was a freshman in high school. It was my first year playing varsity, and I was excited. The team I had been playing for was 3-45 the last 3 years. That was all about to change though. We put together an amazing team last year, and worked hard to go 10-8. It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely progress. The quarter-finals game wasn't the prettiest, but we made it work. When we advanced to the semi-finals game, it was the game of my life. I went 2-4 and got the hitting rally going cause we were down by 1. We managed to win 10-3. I had the best catch of my life, laying out to make a grab in foul territory in a pile of mud. As a result, we made it all the way up to the state finals game, and got to play where the Lake Monsters play, a minor league team. The field was beautiful, and a once in a lifetime experience. Although we lost there, it was still a blast.

Leon 04-19-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1119999)
Last year I was a freshman in high school. It was my first year playing varsity, and I was excited. The team I had been playing for was 3-45 the last 3 years. That was all about to change though. We put together an amazing team last year, and worked hard to go 10-8. It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely progress. The quarter-finals game wasn't the prettiest, but we made it work. When we advanced to the semi-finals game, it was the game of my life. I went 2-4 and got the hitting rally going cause we were down by 1. We managed to win 10-3. I had the best catch of my life, laying out to make a grab in foul territory in a pile of mud. As a result, we made it all the way up to the state finals game, and got to play where the Lake Monsters play, a minor league team. The field was beautiful, and a once in a lifetime experience. Although we lost there, it was still a blast.

Awesome story Waz. Congratulations. You will remember some of those plays the rest of your life. I remember plays from when I was in little league and I am 51 now. I ended my career for the year, 2 days ago, with major injuries. Be glad you are young. Great to see you back with us too.

wazoo 04-19-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1120011)
Awesome story Waz. Congratulations. You will remember some of those plays the rest of your life. I remember plays from when I was in little league and I am 51 now. I ended my career for the year, 2 days ago, with major injuries. Be glad you are young. Great to see you back with us too.

Thanks for the kind words Leon. Yeah, I've been have massive t206 withdrawals. I can't wait to be back at it. Hope all is well.

By the way, that's too bad to hear Leon. Get better!

Leon 04-19-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1120086)
Thanks for the kind words Leon. Yeah, I've been have massive t206 withdrawals. I can't wait to be back at it. Hope all is well.

By the way, that's too bad to hear Leon. Get better!

A lot of us older guys wish we were younger, just for the health issues. As humans get older our bodies break down more and heal slower. If I was in my 20s these injuries, shoulder and feet, would heal in no time. Now they will take me out for a season or more. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be hurt. I made 2-3 pretty good plays a few nights ago, in the first game of a double header, after sitting out 2 weeks. My first throw and first hard run, both my shoulder and feet were trashed/re-injured again. I told my manager not to expect me for the rest of the season. I am very disappointed. In about 35 yrs you might feel the same way. (hopefully not)