Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Here is an intresting concept (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240103)

cardsnstuff 05-22-2017 05:20 PM

Here is an intresting concept

Rather than wasting our time and efforts on Battlefield; (should rephrase the negative got me thinking)

I would like to hear some positive things that you like about certain ebay sellers and if you repeat buy from them. I am trying to boost my business and I figured I'd learn from the best. You don't have to disclose their name {if you think they are an undiscovered gem} but I am curious what some sellers do that sets them apart from others. Doesn't matter graded or raw, vintage or modern or memorabilia or stamps for all that matter. This is not intended to be a criticism of anyone, {but if you had a bad experience you can share that too} but rather what the better sellers do to earn your business and why if you repeat buy from them. Curious minds want to know.

Leon 05-22-2017 05:37 PM

I don't think discussing Battlefield is a waste of time. If you do, no problem. The fact she is still getting so many negatives means things aren't quite hunky dory over there so I see no reason not to continue to point bad ebay stuff out. That said, if anyone lists a seller then they will need their name by their post per the rules. If it is a generic thing that is being talked about, such as "I always go with sellers with free shipping", then no name needed of course. As a trait I like, I like big, clear scans of front and back of the items I am bidding on. A return policy is fine but not necessary with big scans.... Happy collecting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsnstuff (Post 1663788)
Rather than wasting our time and efforts on Battlefield; (should rephrase the negative got me thinking)

I would like to hear some positive things that you like about certain ebay sellers and if you repeat buy from them. I am trying to boost my business and I figured I'd learn from the best. You don't have to disclose their name {if you think they are an undiscovered gem} but I am curious what some sellers do that sets them apart from others. Doesn't matter graded or raw, vintage or modern or memorabilia or stamps for all that matter. This is not intended to be a criticism of anyone, {but if you had a bad experience you can share that too} but rather what the better sellers do to earn your business and why if you repeat buy from them. Curious minds want to know.

Ronnie73 05-22-2017 05:39 PM

I purchase from many different people but 90% of the time, it's from one of ten different sellers. Many that are members here. What keeps me going to them is they usually have a pretty good amount of new items weekly. Most are in auction format so I usually bid but can't win them all. Others list cards I need but in a Buy It Now format. I usually just add it to my watch list and that's where it stays unless there is a price drop or I'm just in the need to buy something. The only other advice I can add is, large crisp clear front and back scans. Me being a T206 collector, the back details are more important than the front.

bnorth 05-22-2017 05:52 PM

Not pre war but I have bought/sold/traded 100's of cards with this guy over several years. If you are looking for 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken variations, 61 Topps, or some mid 90's Mickey Mantle special edition cards and he has them I can guarantee you will not find a better guy to work with. I see he does't have much listed now but it is worth checking out his stuff on occasion.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Fleer-B...cAAOSwtGlZBmxT

I don't collect much memorabilia/autographs but almost everything I have came from fellow member quinnsryche. Have had nothing but great experiences buying from Tony.

Rich Falvo 05-22-2017 06:19 PM

Back scans are a must, and preferably with zoom enabled. This is especially important for cards that come with different factory numbers. Free shipping helps, but at the very least I like to see discounts on multiple lots. I prefer auctions, but will go for a BIN as long at it is reasonable.

mattjc1983 05-22-2017 08:49 PM

As others have said, clear front and back scans. I also appreciate a description that, even in a small way, specifically reflects what's being sold.

Nothing more comical than a pricey listing with 1 grainy picture and a "I'm selling the card in the picture" description.

I think mentioning that you ship quickly after payment, and what the buyer can expect for packaging, probably doesn't hurt either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeDfan 05-23-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1663797)
Not pre war but I have bought/sold/traded 100's of cards with this guy over several years. If you are looking for 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken variations, 61 Topps, or some mid 90's Mickey Mantle special edition cards and he has them I can guarantee you will not find a better guy to work with. I see he does't have much listed now but it is worth checking out his stuff on occasion.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Fleer-B...cAAOSwtGlZBmxT

+1