Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Premir Vintage Sports Card Seminar (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=83190)

Archive 11-23-2006 12:02 PM

Premir Vintage Sports Card Seminar

Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>Happy Holiday to ALL Board Members!!!<br /><br />I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be hosting my first Premier Vintage Sports Card Seminar on Wednesday evening, December 6, 2006 at the Wood-Ridge Inn, 191 Valley Boulevard, Wood-Ridge, NJ 07075 from 7:00pm - 9:00pm. Sportscard Guaranty Company will be providing a guest speaker to discuss vintage card grading issues and answer questions. The agenda will cover the Tobacco Card era, Candy Card era, Bubble Gum era & the vintage Topps & Bowman issues. The seminar will focus primarily on Baseball but will also cover Football, Basketball & Hockey.<br /><br />The Wood-Ridge Inn is a restaurant so excellent food and drinks will be available for purchase throughout the event. Cost of admission is $5.00 and includes a FREE Baseball HOF'er reprint card from either the T206 or Goudey sets. All children under 10 years old are admitted FREE with parent or guardian. If all goes well, I hope to make this a monthly event for collectors to enjoy.<br /><br />Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or for more information.

Archive 11-23-2006 12:03 PM

Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>What a great idea! Now if we could only get you to come West!

Archive 11-23-2006 12:32 PM

Posted By: <b>Josh</b><p>Fantastic Idea.<br />Any plans of doing something like this at the National? If this first seminar is successful?<br><br>Go Go White Sox<br />2005 World Series Champions!

Archive 11-23-2006 12:49 PM

Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>Josh,<br /><br />Doing something like this on a National scale would be great. I would need to make acquaintances with the people running the show. Hopefully by that time, I will have several of these local seminars under my belt and a good number of references to vouch for me.

Archive 11-23-2006 03:36 PM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Good luck on the seminars. Hope it works out well.

Archive 12-04-2006 02:32 AM

Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>Just to remind everyone, my Premier Vintage Sports Card Seminar is coming up this Wednesday, December 6 at the Wood-Ridge Inn in Wood-Ridge, NJ. Please see me prior post for details.

Archive 12-06-2006 05:06 PM

Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Phil,<br /><br />How often are these seminars given. Has turn out been favorable.<br /><br />Peter

Archive 12-07-2006 04:32 AM

Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>Peter:<br /><br />This is the first seminar that I am running. Hopefully, if all goes well tonight, it will become a monthly event.<br /><br />Thank you for your interest.

Archive 12-08-2006 04:46 AM

Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>I am pleased to announce that last night's seminar was very well received by all that attended. A small group of collectors exchanged stories of how each got started in the hobby and what their favorite collecting interests are. <br /><br />Scott & Michael from SGC in Parsippany were there and did a comprehensive presentation on their grading company from inception and then fielded a very informative question and answer session which was the highlight of the night for the collectors. Among the topics discussed were: how to detect counterfeit vintage cards, checking for alterations and how collectors can utilize the Graded Card Registry to improve their collections while trading with others. At the end of the evening, Scott & Michael provided each collector with an SGC quarterly magazine as well as coupons for grading specials.<br /><br />Everyone enjoyed their food and sodas from the restaurant and would have loved to stay later than 9:00pm but it was a weeknight and everyone had to go to work in the morning. <br /><br />Once again, thank you to all that attended and I look forward to exploring possible future events that collectors can enjoy while also learning more about the hobby. <br /><br />