Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Experiment continues: Post a card for sale for exactly $1000 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=223241)

GregMitch34 05-28-2016 10:10 PM

Experiment continues: Post a card for sale for exactly $1000
 
Yesterday, to goose along a long, hot, maybe slow for some, holiday weekend, I launched a thread inviting folks to put up for sale any card for $500. If you sell one you get to post another. Didn't know if it would fly but Leon approved and it has proven very popular and at least half a dozen or more cards have already sold.

So now: same idea for $1000 (plus shipping) cards. Again, you can only post one unless you sell that one. At that price perhaps a few more cool, obscure or big risk/big reward cards will be posted. (I suppose you can offer TWO cards for $1000 for that's the limit.) I have to decide what I will post but you can fire away now....As I noted before, this only works if you put a fair, even a slightly bargain, price on your card...

Leon 05-28-2016 10:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I would let the Speaker and Marquard go for 1k plus shipping/insurance...

Beckley not included

pencil1974 05-28-2016 11:01 PM

I'll take it Leon.

Leon 05-28-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pencil1974 (Post 1544240)
I'll take it Leon.

LMAO....this is getting to be a racket. Please PM me and we can finish it....

again, it is the Marquard in the PSA 5 holder and the Speaker in the BVG 5 holder....

1952boyntoncollector 05-28-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1544241)
LMAO....this is getting to be a racket. Please PM me and we can finish it....

again, it is the Marquard in the PSA 5 holder and the Speaker in the BVG 5 holder....

a k for each or k for both together.... i assume together..thats a great deal pencil just got..if he didnt buy it i would of...i always looking out for nice t206 speakers

sycks22 05-28-2016 11:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Connie is looking for a new home

Leon 05-28-2016 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1544245)
a k for each or k for both together.... i assume together..thats a great deal pencil just got..if he didnt buy it i would of...i always looking out for nice t206 speakers

Both ...2 cards, 1k....it was a good deal but I got a good deal so paid it forward in the thread. Same on the Koufax....all good.

itjclarke 05-29-2016 02:22 AM

Signed T205
 
1 Attachment(s)
Entertaining threads... I'll give this signed T205 Parent a shot.
Attachment 232871

iwantitiwinit 05-29-2016 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregMitch34 (Post 1544229)
Yesterday, to goose along a long, hot, maybe slow for some, holiday weekend, I launched a thread inviting folks to put up for sale any card for $500. If you sell one you get to post another. Didn't know if it would fly but Leon approved and it has proven very popular and at least half a dozen or more cards have already sold.

So now: same idea for $1000 (plus shipping) cards. Again, you can only post one unless you sell that one. At that price perhaps a few more cool, obscure or big risk/big reward cards will be posted. (I suppose you can offer TWO cards for $1000 for that's the limit.) I have to decide what I will post but you can fire away now....

As soon as you posted the $500 thread and I saw cards moving I thought we should have one for $100, $500 and $1000. You should start one for $100 too. that will get a ton of action I bet. By the way this is a great idea and keeps people continually checking the site in my opinion. I'd start the $100 thread myself but can't post pictures well (my scan always show up tiny in size here for some reason).

Leon 05-29-2016 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit (Post 1544266)
As soon as you posted the $500 thread and I saw cards moving I thought we should have one for $100, $500 and $1000. You should start one for $100 too. that will get a ton of action I bet. By the way this is a great idea and keeps people continually checking the site in my opinion. I'd start the $100 thread myself but can't post pictures well (my scan always show up tiny in size here for some reason).

Lets leave it at 2 threads for now. After these have played out a while we can think about others. But 2 (actively going) at once is enough on the front page, imo. I am almost always open to debate though. :) Thanks to everyone for keeping it fun....so far.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.