Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jack Waters of the 1960 Maple Leafs Baseball Team? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=204166)

Leon 04-07-2015 07:17 AM

Jack Waters of the 1960 Maple Leafs Baseball Team?

I received this message today so am trying to help this gentleman. Anyone have anything (I know it's a bit later date for us but I am trying to help) to show or see? I guess he searched and found his Dad's team in our last B-L auction.

"My name is Brad Waters. My dad, Jack Waters, played on the 1960 Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team that won the International League that season. He also turned an unassisted triple play that year. During my search for (anything) info on my dad's playing career I saw pictures with your website's information and pictures from that team/season, but nothing with my dad in/on it.

Do you have anything in your collections with my dad in/on it? If so, is there a way I can see it and, if possible, bid on it?

Thank You for your time and help, both are greatly appreciated."

dlfallen 04-07-2015 11:57 AM

Brad probably already knows this, but in case he doesn't -- Jack Waters has one baseball card that I know of. It is the 1960 Shopsy's Frankfurters Toronto Maple Leafs. I would guess that like other sausage cards of the era this would be a tough find.

Other than that, baseball reference dot com shows that Jack played for 9 different teams over a 12 season career. Surely he can find team photos, programs, and so forth that are relevant.

If I were he, I would write to some of Jack's old teammates. I'm sure some of them would be happy to offer memories of playing with Jack.

GTC 08-31-2016 12:39 PM

Good news Brad

Hello Brad.
My name is Greg Clarke. I live part-time in Toronto now and full-time when I was a kid. In August, 1960, I was at a Maple Leafs game on photo day. The players would sit in chairs on the field and we could take pictures prior to the game. I was 8 years old and took what were probably my first pictures ever with my family's camera.
Though it's a little blurry, I did take a picture of your dad that day and I still have it. I found it in my storage locker this summer, none the worse for wear.
You are more than welcome to it.
I will send you my e-mail and we can make arrangements for mailing it to you.

baseball tourist 08-31-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTC (Post 1579346)
Hello Brad.
My name is Greg Clarke. I live part-time in Toronto now and full-time when I was a kid. In August, 1960, I was at a Maple Leafs game on photo day. The players would sit in chairs on the field and we could take pictures prior to the game. I was 8 years old and took what were probably my first pictures ever with my family's camera.
Though it's a little blurry, I did take a picture of your dad that day and I still have it. I found it in my storage locker this summer, none the worse for wear.
You are more than welcome to it.
I will send you my e-mail and we can make arrangements for mailing it to you.

Greg, very nice gesture! Leon, can you reach out to Brad to ensure he sees this? I hadn't remembered this post but do collect TML baseball items and will look through my items to see if there are any such images.

BradWaters 10-24-2016 08:41 AM

Thank You!

Thanks Greg, Chris, and Leon, for reaching out and helping me with this. My dad played 12 seasons on various teams, all minors (he was a great defensive center fielder, but not so great with the bat), and I am trying to gather any/all pictures and such.

I found the Shopsy's card on eBay, along with most of the team's cards (22/23), but sadly don't have the $2K asking price.

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics!

irv 10-24-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradWaters (Post 1596351)
Thanks Greg, Chris, and Leon, for reaching out and helping me with this. My dad played 12 seasons on various teams, all minors (he was a great defensive center fielder, but not so great with the bat), and I am trying to gather any/all pictures and such.

I found the Shopsy's card on eBay, along with most of the team's cards (22/23), but sadly don't have the $2K asking price.

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics!

Great story!

Glad you found some help, Brad. If you get the opportunity, I'd like to see some pics/scans.

mullings 05-20-2018 08:53 AM

Jack Waters

1 Attachment(s)
I recently came across Leon's post. If I had been a member back then, I certainly would have shared this Attachment 316909