Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Winners of the First Auction (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252378)

irv 03-11-2018 11:39 AM

I hate to sound like a pessimist, but my guy tells me we will never here from Candiman auctions ever again.

Some of the cards that didn't sell may pop somewhere else, but, imo, they will be blended in with other cards from another seller disguising them.

ezez420 03-11-2018 06:42 PM

Your Guy. What you can’t think for yourself and need someone to tell you what “he” thinks? What kind of crap is that? I think people are stupid if the DID NOT bid. With the trail of the post and the guarantees by the seller AND the fact that this can be paid with credit card you are a moron if you think otherwise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1756407)
I hate to sound like a pessimist, but my guy tells me we will never here from Candiman auctions ever again.

Some of the cards that didn't sell may pop somewhere else, but, imo, they will be blended in with other cards from another seller disguising them.

pokerplyr80 03-11-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezez420 (Post 1756573)
Your Guy. What you can’t think for yourself and need someone to tell you what “he” thinks? What kind of crap is that? I think people are stupid if the DID NOT bid. With the trail of the post and the guarantees by the seller AND the fact that this can be paid with credit card you are a moron if you think otherwise.

Pretty sure he meant "my gut." I'd have to say I agree with Irv's assessment. Best of luck to those who took a gamble. But the smart money was on sitting out of this one.

ezez420 03-11-2018 09:24 PM

If that is what Irv meant then I apologize to him. I will be more than happy to share results but the auctioneer left plenty of recourse along with the thread if there if difficulty getting a refund if things are not authentic are greatly misgraded.

pokerplyr80 03-11-2018 10:22 PM

Please do. My fear was they would not be around long enough to honor their pledge to issue refunds for altered cards, among others already discussed in the other thread.

By the way I saw no mention of any pledge to refund cards that were greatly misgraded. My apologies if I managed to miss that post.

botn 03-11-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1756641)
By the way I saw no mention of any pledge to refund cards that were greatly misgraded. My apologies if I managed to miss that post.

They will not refund for cards that turn out to not be in the condition they state they "appear" to be in. I made this point several times in the original thread and Daniel had the same evasive explanation the 3 times I brought it up to him. This is most likely where buyers are gonna get crushed.

Cannot imagine wanting a card or a deal so much that I would risk doing business with people like this.

irv 03-12-2018 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1756575)
Pretty sure he meant "my gut." I'd have to say I agree with Irv's assessment. Best of luck to those who took a gamble. But the smart money was on sitting out of this one.

Thanks, Jesse, that is what I meant. I also see I spelt "Hear" wrong as well.

Guess I had better start proofreading a little more. :D

frankbmd 03-12-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1756663)
Thanks, Jesse, that is what I meant. I also see I spelt "Hear" wrong as well.

Guess I had better start proofreading a little more. :D

Another post may be required if you try to verify “spelt”. :D

ALR-bishop 03-12-2018 09:02 AM

Irv--I was disappointed to discover that I am apparently in the "stupid" group with the likes of you :)

slidekellyslide 03-12-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezez420 (Post 1756573)
I think people are stupid if the DID NOT bid.

What if I didn't bid because I didn't want to put any of my money into the pockets of grifters like the Battles family?