Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PSA/BGS/PWCC dispute or refund thread (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=270292)

Fuddjcal 11-01-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintboy (Post 1927648)
Why is PWCC doing the refunding? The card is in a PSA holder, shouldn’t they be the ones contacting and refunding?

The authenticity and guarantee comes from PSA. Didn’t see anything on PSA website about going through PWCC. Maybe I need to read the fine print.

You don't get that Brent Mastro was in on the trimming card scam from the beginning? :D., maybe they'll sue PSA for the $$$ and continue to deny deny deny, right calvindog?

Fuddjcal 11-01-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1927669)
Since PWCC has been accused of perpetuating the fraud against customers and PSA, it was recommended to PSA that to reduce their liability, that the buyers of affected cards try to get refunds from the scammers first before making a run on the bank of Collector's Universe.
If the place you bought it from determines that they do not want to take the return, then you contact PSA about their grade guarantee. One of the big takeaways from the stockholders conference call three months ago was that PSA actually reduced their reserve fund, while everyone on this board expected them to increase it because of the scandal.

There is some hearsay that says that the big submitters to PSA and SGC were invited to meet with them and both companies highly recommended that if the submitters wanted to keep their privileges to submit, that they take all the returns and eat the losses themselves. That would absolve PSA and SGC from having to take as many returns of altered cards. COMC is refunding people who bought altered or fake cards on their site as well, and claim that they're going to inform buyers of exposed cards that they should return them for full refunds to COMC. Maybe after paying out all those refunds, COMC takes all the altered cards and submits them to PSA under the grade guarantee since they weren't the alterers, just a venue for sale?

I'm surprised nobody in this conference call asked if PWCC regained their submission privileges, or if any other scammers had their submission privileges taken away. If so, what are their names? Why isn't the "Never Get Cheated" company supplying us with a list of known alterers/trimmers?

Isn't it obvious??? THEY are in on the scam, that's the only logical conclusion PERIOD

perezfan 11-01-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Why is PWCC doing the refunding? The card is in a PSA holder, shouldn’t they be the ones contacting and refunding?

The authenticity and guarantee comes from PSA. Didn’t see anything on PSA website about going through PWCC. Maybe I need to read the fine print.

Because the FBI is on PWCC's case, and they have a competent attorney who is advising them to do the right thing. Doubtful they'd be doing it from the kindness of their hearts...

Still looking to hear from someone who was made right by PSA. Perhaps the FBI should be pressuring them equally (if they aren't already...) If PSA is let off the hook for their thousands of "mistakes" then it's a huge black eye for the hobby.

1952boyntoncollector 11-01-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

PWCC can go after PSA for money they spent ..

Peter_Spaeth 11-01-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1927759)
PWCC can go after PSA for money they spent ..

Not if they submitted the cards which I am sure in many cases they did.

swarmee 11-01-2019 12:52 PM

Well, they can try. More likely they'd get a breach of contract countersuit?

Peter_Spaeth 11-01-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1927761)
Well, they can try. More likely they'd get a breach of contract countersuit?

PWCC would not sue PSA in the first place for cards it submitted, or for cards consigned to it by known doctors.

Promethius88 11-01-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1927743)
Because the FBI is on PWCC's case, and they have a competent attorney who is advising them to do the right thing. Doubtful they'd be doing it from the kindness of their hearts...

Still looking to hear from someone who was made right by PSA. Perhaps the FBI should be pressuring them equally (if they aren't already...) If PSA is let off the hook for their thousands of "mistakes" then it's a huge black eye for the hobby.

While I don't own any of the outed cards or even purchased from PWCC that I can remember, I took a card to PSA at the National that was clearly not the correct grade for the holder. They contacted me a couple weeks later via phone call and agreed and offered compensation. Not sure if you were looking for examples of PWCC scandal cards or just cards that were covered by the guarantee in general.

JollyElm 11-01-2019 02:10 PM

I wonder if during the PWCC office Christmas party 'Secret Santa,' the most common $20 or less gift is a new pair of scissors??

Johnny630 11-01-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1927787)
I wonder if during the PWCC office Christmas party 'Secret Santa,' the most common $20 or less gift is a new pair of scissors??

LMAO

Rotatrim

swarmee 11-01-2019 03:35 PM

Didn't the guy here with the altered T3 get a reimbursement directly from PSA?

Peter_Spaeth 11-01-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1927801)
Didn't the guy here with the altered T3 get a reimbursement directly from PSA?

yes but he bought it from Dan McKee, not PWCC.

1952boyntoncollector 11-01-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1927764)
PWCC would not sue PSA in the first place for cards it submitted, or for cards consigned to it by known doctors.

so any cards they did not submit or get consigned to it by a known doctor you agree they could go after PSA for if they made payment on to a wronged buyer

also why bring up suing, they can submit a claim. Doesnt have to be a lawsuits..why so quick to bring up lawsuit. Some people pay based on a letter

Peter_Spaeth 11-01-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1927809)
so any cards they did not submit or get consigned to it by a known doctor you agree they could go after PSA for if they made payment on to a wronged buyer

also why bring up suing, they can submit a claim. Doesnt have to be a lawsuits..why so quick to bring up lawsuit. Some people pay based on a letter

Because I was responding to a post that specifically mentioned a possible countersuit. Carry on, Mr. Chao.

drcy 11-01-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1927701)
Have you been paying attention? PWCC and their submitting friends (Gary Moser, Brent himself?, Sotheby's restorer, Dick Towle?, etc) are implicated in doing the card altering themselves. Since PSA has the submission form state that when you sign, you promise you did not alter them, PSA does not have to pay restitution/guarantees to those who attempt to defraud their services.

It is a good point that if the submitter signs a contract stating he did not altered the card (or perhaps know the card is altered?), they broke/lied on the the grading contact and are liable. This, of course, doesn't dismiss that PSA wsa unable to identify the alterations.

I think PSA should pay the price for their inabilities to do their job, but forgers and liars should also pay a price.

1952boyntoncollector 11-01-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1927812)
Because I was responding to a post that specifically mentioned a possible countersuit. Carry on, Mr. Chao.

you actually responded to my post specfically as was well saying PWCC cant collect from PSA if PWCC was the one that submitted the cards, so thus, that would imply pwcc could collect on the ones that were not submitted, Mr. Chao.

so PWCC can refund and then collect from PSA....so buck can still end with PSA .. (net54 members has asked why would pwcc refund when it should be psa, so this gives one explanation on some of the cards at least)

Peter_Spaeth 11-01-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1927841)
you actually responded to my post specfically as was well saying PWCC cant collect from PSA if PWCC was the one that submitted the cards, so thus, that would imply pwcc could collect on the ones that were not submitted, Mr. Chao.

so PWCC can refund and then collect from PSA....so buck can still end with PSA .. (net54 members has asked why would pwcc refund when it should be psa, so this gives one explanation on some of the cards at least)

I never said otherwise. Just not on cards they submitted or were consigned by known doctors.

1952boyntoncollector 11-01-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1927842)
I never said otherwise. Just not on cards they submitted or were consigned by known doctors.

I wonder what percentage that would be...

Peter_Spaeth 11-01-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1927843)
I wonder what percentage that would be...

I would guess most of the doctored cards they handled, they knew about. Not all of course.

Flintboy 11-01-2019 08:49 PM

Peters point above is what I was referencing in my original post about this subject. Please do not take that I am in favor of any company or person that alters cards- I am not. Regardless of who is submitting these cards, as the industry leader they need to detect the alterations. Relying on the submitter to sign the submission form stating they haven’t altered the cards is simply an easy way out for them to pass the buck. The reason I submit cards and my money to them is to make sure they haven’t been altered. I’m an honest guy but I hope PSA doesn’t take only my word when I submit that the cards in the grading order aren’t altered. Looking over at BODA, it seems that they rely on that disclaimer and trust of the submitter to often.

Johnny630 11-01-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintboy (Post 1927858)
Peters point above is what I was referencing in my original post about this subject. Please do not take that I am in favor of any company or person that alters cards- I am not. Regardless of who is submitting these cards, as the industry leader they need to detect the alterations. Relying on the submitter to sign the submission form stating they haven’t altered the cards is simply an easy way out for them to pass the buck. The reason I submit cards and my money to them is to make sure they haven’t been altered. I’m an honest guy but I hope PSA doesn’t take only my word when I submit that the cards in the grading order aren’t altered. Looking over at BODA, it seems that they rely on that disclaimer and trust of the submitter to often.

Agree PSA has to be challenged on breach of conduct acting in bad faith by alleged card doctor whom submitted. Prove that alleged submitter altered the card and has submitted in bad faith. Idk what the hell is their purpose if they can’t back up their end. I’m not on anyone’s side however IMO Allowing PSA to Continue to PUNT any Responsibility/liability will have serious long term detriment to the hobby/industry.

It’s all a bunch of garbage finger pointing/cover up’s

Card Doctor, Shady Auction Houses, and PSA’s Inabilities/lack of responsibilities are gonna tank the card industry. Greed :-(....sad

Leon 11-02-2019 07:12 AM

A bad actor or three won't tank this industry/hobby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny630 (Post 1927862)
Agree PSA has to be challenged on breach of conduct acting in bad faith by alleged card doctor whom submitted. Prove that alleged submitter altered the card and has submitted in bad faith. Idk what the hell is their purpose if they can’t back up their end. I’m not on anyone’s side however IMO Allowing PSA to Continue to PUNT any Responsibility/liability will have serious long term detriment to the hobby/industry.

It’s all a bunch of garbage finger pointing/cover up’s

Card Doctor, Shady Auction Houses, and PSA’s Inabilities/lack of responsibilities are gonna tank the card industry. Greed :-(....sad

swarmee 11-02-2019 07:14 AM

Even 50 don't seem to be tanking it. It's the Teflon Hobby.

Peter_Spaeth 11-02-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1927910)

Stuff. Need I say the rest?

bnorth 11-02-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1927910)

You need to add a few 0s to that to be even close to the number of bad people in the hobby. Your number is way closer to the honest people.:)

1952boyntoncollector 11-02-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1927913)
You need to add a few 0s to that to be even close to the number of bad people in the hobby. Your number is way closer to the honest people.:)

After bnorth and myself that leaves 48 remaining honest people in the hobby

Peter_Spaeth 11-02-2019 08:13 AM

It's like the ancient Greek Diogenes, searching for an honest man.

Leon 11-05-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1927912)
Stuff. Need I say the rest?

Stuff but more importantly the answer is always money. So many collectors and dealers are in up to their ears with PSA, and it's their livelihood for many of them, they can't quit their sacred cow....even if it is producing sour milk. Who cares if it is a fraudulent card, it is in a holder. LOL.....Remember, we are just troublemakers. Kudos again to the guys over on Blowout for all of the fraud exposed so far. I am sure it will be going on for as long as they want to look. It is sad.

1952boyntoncollector 12-01-2019 07:50 AM

i really havent seen anyone posting about getting a refund or resolving a dispute on this thread for awhile

1952boyntoncollector 12-01-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1893341)
Does anyone have any dealings to report here?

apparently none.

Stonepony 12-01-2019 08:26 AM

A couple months ago I received an unsolicited email from PWCC that they suspected a 1969 PSA 9 Clemente I had won the year prior might be altered. I sent it to them and a week later i received a check for the full auction price. Nothing to sign etc. Brief communication and refund.

1952boyntoncollector 12-01-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonepony (Post 1935206)
A couple months ago I received an unsolicited email from PWCC that they suspected a 1969 PSA 9 Clemente I had won the year prior might be altered. I sent it to them and a week later a received a check for the full auction price. Nothing to sign etc. Brief communication and refund.

great to hear and to see people are free to share info without restriction..

Johnny630 12-01-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

A couple months ago I received an unsolicited email from PWCC that they suspected a 1969 PSA 9 Clemente I had won the year prior might be altered. I sent it to them and a week later i received a check for the full auction price. Nothing to sign etc. Brief communication and refund.

Well done on their behalf.

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-01-2019 08:36 AM

Let's hold off on congratulating the crooks for covering their asses...

Likely on the advice of counsel.

Johnny630 12-01-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1935213)

They’re no saints...this is the right thing to do....it’s damage control mitigation

My only hope is some great lawyering throws this back onto PSA and or the other TPG’s

Excited for your auction tonight, I’ll be bidding/watching.

Peter_Spaeth 12-01-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1935213)

Whatever the motivation, and I am completely cynical about that, it's better than the nothing that most industry players apparently are doing.

irv 12-01-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1935222)
Whatever the motivation, and I am completely cynical about that, it's better than the nothing that most industry players apparently are doing.

I'd like to know what is being is going to be done with these cards when the investigation is over, assuming these cards are being held as evidence?

Peter_Spaeth 12-01-2019 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1935240)
I'd like to know what is being is going to be done with these cards when the investigation is over, assuming these cards are being held as evidence?

irv 12-01-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1935243)

Hopefully!

Johnny630 12-01-2019 11:09 AM

Burn Baby Burn !

Leon 12-01-2019 11:20 AM

Fraudulently holdered cards.

They are still worth money just not in the holders they are in. And at a fraction of the price.

CuriousGeorge 12-01-2019 11:35 AM

Brent is going to have a special FBI auction touting the new great investments. 2018 was $60K, now $7K!

perezfan 12-01-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

As sleazy as they are, at least PWCC is acknowledging the issue and proactively offering full compensation. Even if it's solely due to legal advice, at least it's something.

Lots better than the head-in-the-sand experts, PSA, who does nothing proactively (or reactively, for that matter).

Peter_Spaeth 12-01-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1935273)
As sleazy as they are, at least PWCC is acknowledging the issue and proactively offering full compensation. Even if it's solely due to legal advice, at least it's something.

Lots better than the head-in-the-sand experts, PSA, who does nothing proactively (or reactively, for that matter).

Now now, Steve Sloan just this hour sent a very nice letter that I posted on the other thread.

perezfan 12-01-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1935276)
Now now, Steve Sloan just this hour sent a very nice letter that I posted on the other thread.

Yes, very nice letter...

It gives you that great warm fuzzy feeling, just in time for the holidays. Reading it was a true "Hallmark Moment" for me. :rolleyes:

ullmandds 12-01-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1935273)

Psa may be too big to fail...apparently PWCC is not!!

1952boyntoncollector 12-01-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1935240)

My idea was to put a hole punch in them like they do with playing cards that used be used in Las Vegas

Leon 12-01-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1935276)

Unbelievably un-woke. Everyone just stick your head in the sand . Nothing to see here. Move on sheeple.

Worst email since Joe O sent his. Appallingly disingenuous .

Peter_Spaeth 12-01-2019 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't post it too many times.

glynparson 12-01-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1935314)
My idea was to put a hole punch in them like they do with playing cards that used be used in Las Vegas

And you don’t think the next wave of a hole card doctors will just fix the holes?