Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   technical computer question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63036)

Archive 01-29-2003 11:04 AM

technical computer question

Posted By: <b>Todd (nolemmings)&nbsp; </b><p>seems like almost every time a thread gets 35 or more posts long, my computer has trouble opening it-- I usually have to try multiple times. Anyone else have this problem, and anyone know what i can do to fix it?<BR>Todd

Archive 01-29-2003 11:07 AM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>It's not your computer, it is Network54. When threads get long, it takes their system a long time to pull it up. I have a fairly beefy computer (2G CPU 1G RAM 128M video) and huge threads take awhile to appear.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 01-29-2003 12:01 PM

Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Everyone, let's add 33 more posts, so Todd can't read the answer to his own question.<BR>

Archive 01-29-2003 12:21 PM

Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Actually, it may indicate that you don't have lots of memory on your computer-- perhaps you run programs simultaneously. Network54 causes me the occasional trouble, but viewing long threads is not one of them (sometimes does take a bit to unfold, thought).<BR><BR>Realize, that not being able to read all the really long threads threads is not neccesarily a bad thing-- unless you're into the cable 'news' talk shows where the winner of the political debate of the day is apparently judged by who yells the loudest and interupts the most (Dave's television pet peeve).

Archive 01-29-2003 02:17 PM

Posted By: <b>Mike Williams</b><p>how are you connecting (i.e. 56K modem, Cable, DSL, LAN etc.)?

Archive 01-29-2003 02:20 PM

Posted By: <b>Todd (nolemmings)</b><p>by DSL. Frankly, I periodically have trouble even getting on Net54's site, so I'm leaning toward's Jay's explanation. Todd

Archive 01-29-2003 02:40 PM

Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p>I have not had a problem opening up the long threads. I assumed that because I have DSL, everything was Ok---I'm surprised Todd is having difficulties. How prevalent is this problem?<BR><BR>Having said that N54 does go through some periods where there is a problem entering the site.

Archive 01-29-2003 02:51 PM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I have dsl and Network54 is the ONLY site I consistently have problems with.

Archive 01-29-2003 06:47 PM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I have a cable modem and Lee has a dial up, and I see almost no performance difference between the two. Network54 just sucks (nothing personal, Elliot)<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 01-29-2003 07:30 PM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>My service provider keeps losing Network 54 on their name server, meaning I have to type in the i.p. address - this is what was keeping me from using the chat room last week. So far I'm the only person I know who has run into this problem.