Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT: eBay has decided to change their eMail format (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=257156)

Buythatcard 07-06-2018 08:33 AM

OT: eBay has decided to change their eMail format

ebay just continues to piss me off more and more each day.

I have been a seller on eBay for 14 years. Each night I would go thru my eMails from eBay to see which items I sold. I recorded each item sold along with the buyer's email address and other info included in eMail. The buyer's eMail address was the driving force of my record keeping.

eBay decided last night to no longer include the buyer's eMail address in any of the notifications. This decision will create a nightmare for me as far as record keeping.

Does anyone have any idea on how to get the buyer's eMail address from a sale?

So frustrating to run a business on eBay. It's either do it their way or no way.

jfkheat 07-06-2018 08:50 AM

I thought eBay stopped showing the buyer's email address to sellers years ago. You could find it on Paypal but I think they have stopped showing it too
James

Buythatcard 07-06-2018 09:56 AM

I figured out how to export the data need using Sixbit. With a few eXcel macros, I am able to get what I need.

Screw eBay. There is always a workaround.

cgreat14 07-06-2018 10:48 AM

Feebay Email

Feebay continues to piss off sellers and you know what? Sellers are going to open up their own Web Stores. Pride goeth before the Fall.

MooseDog 07-06-2018 11:08 AM

I don't know if this only applies if you have a Store subscription but if I go (from the eBay home page) to SELL (upper right - takes you to Seller Hub) -> Orders, then click on the Record number next to the order all the info you need is there.

cardinalcollector 07-06-2018 01:16 PM

Moosedog is correct. Just click on record and retrieve the email. They will disappear after 45 days though.

JeremyW 07-06-2018 04:59 PM

A little bit off-topic, but my Ebay search emails have returned to normal today. I used to get around 30 Ebay search emails a day, but for the last couple weeks I would only get 5 or so. Today I received 31 search emails.

scooter729 07-06-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyW (Post 1792744)
A little bit off-topic, but my Ebay search emails have returned to normal today. I used to get around 30 Ebay search emails a day, but for the last couple weeks I would only get 5 or so. Today I received 31 search emails.

I noticed similar, but I just figured listing traffic may have been light over the July 4th holiday....

jimjim 07-06-2018 07:09 PM

I mainly buy on eBay and I used to get the sellers email address in the PayPal receipt. Now it is hit or miss. It was nice to have the contact info but I guess eBay doesn’t want anyone to contact off the website. Might miss out on making some fees. Geez, eBay is so annoying

CurtisFlood 07-06-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimjim (Post 1792766)
I mainly buy on eBay and I used to get the sellers email address in the PayPal receipt. Now it is hit or miss. It was nice to have the contact info but I guess eBay doesn’t want anyone to contact off the website. Might miss out on making some fees. Geez, eBay is so annoying

I haven't done a transaction with those yutzes in about 10 years. Looks like they have the same issues only worse.

glchen 07-06-2018 09:57 PM

You can still see the buyer's email when you view the record of the transaction. Go to All Orders. Click on the drop down arrow on the far left side to see all of the possible actions. Choose "View record." You will see the buyer's email for 45 days after the transaction, and then it will disappear.

Edit: ebay is doing this to try to prevent off-ebay sales, where the potential buyer inquires for a discount if they bypass ebay for the sale.