Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   DiMaggio Authentic Please? Only a few hours on eBay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=263124)

Case12 12-10-2018 08:12 AM

DiMaggio Authentic Please? Only a few hours on eBay

1 Attachment(s)
This one I can get for a song. I need some quick help. Last one for a while. I promise. Thanks!!!!! Casey

Fuddjcal 12-10-2018 09:31 AM

Still so hard to see. I "think" it could be possible? I would pass for a song due to the fact it is faded beyond recognition. So many other good ones out there. Don't go on the cheap, get yourself something you can enjoy. Don't make $$$ the issue.

Case12 12-10-2018 09:59 AM

I hear you. And you are right. What hooked me is that it comes with the DiMaggio two volume book set in mint condition (nice on it's own). They found this picture laminate stuffed inside one of the books. It's a charity organization and they have no idea what they have. (Like Goodwill or somebody) The buy now is $10. I like quirky things like this...but not if it is not real.

bnorth 12-10-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1834685)
I hear you. And you are right. What hooked me is that it comes with the DiMaggio two volume book set in mint condition (nice on it's own). They found this picture laminate stuffed inside one of the books. It's a charity. The buy now is $10. I like quirky things like this...but not if it is not real.

I will give you the answer.:) Is it still for sale right now, if so it is 100% fake. If it sold almost instantly after you posted it on here saying it was cheap and on eBay it is real. I guarantee my answer is correct.

Case12 12-10-2018 10:40 AM

You guys are right. I am going to stop being a cheapo and do this right. Get something authenticated for a few bucks more. I will sleep better at night.

bnorth 12-10-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1834699)
You guys are right. I am going to stop being a cheapo and do this right. Get something authenticated for a few bucks more. I will sleep better at night.

There is nothing wrong with being cheap, I have got many great items that way. When being cheap you need to have all the information to make the decision on your own. I can guarantee if you post a "is it real" question for something for sale cheap on a forum/message board and it is real someone will buy it way before you get an answer.

Fuddjcal 12-10-2018 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1834699)

:D Ben, good point!

The books would be cool, but if the photo is laminated, it may be real, but pretty worthless anyway., IMHO. A faded laminated photo you don't need it. Even better than authenticated is something like this for $125.00.

Not the greatest pose, but a nice "best wishes" salutation with a little smudge and at least it's authentic. I think you could get a nice dimaggio signed photo for 100.00 bucks or less these days? I've paid as much as $200 for some poses and have sold some for over $300 back in the day. Good luck!

Mr. Zipper 12-10-2018 12:08 PM

A name was washed off this one and the solvent went into the "Best Wishes" smearing it a little.

Fuddjcal 12-10-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1834728)
A name was washed off this one and the solvent went into the "Best Wishes" smearing it a little.

nice call Steve,

I think I've tried that a time or too with results that weren't that good!

bnorth 12-10-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1834739)
nice call Steve,

I think I've tried that a time or too with results that weren't that good!

I have had decent luck with Sharpie. I have one personalized to Clint, not even sure I have ever met a Clint. It's in gold paint pen.:(

Case12 12-10-2018 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Please help me. This is a scoreboard plaque. One of several available. I do like this pose and preframed saves money. But, is this an Authentic one? Thanks again so much!