Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Curious Ebay Option (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=61205)

Archive 01-25-2002 01:08 AM

Curious Ebay Option

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I just found out about a curious option on ebay, you can make your feedback private. The reason I found this out is because I received my first negative feedback from a guy that would not guarantee his product and told me I did not have to buy it, so I didn't. i returned the favor and left negative feedback for him. i came home after work and wanted to check to see if he responded to the negative only to find that his feedback has become private. you can not look into his history!!!!<BR><BR>For the record the sellers name is jayveecee.<BR><BR>just my thought but what a stupid option this is. Who benefits? Just shady people on ebay.<BR><BR>Lee

Archive 01-25-2002 05:15 AM

Curious Ebay Option

Posted By: <b>john</b><p>the only good excuse i ever heard for private feedback is for people who sell only high priced stuff,and they dont want their customers to get spam mail which they had many complaints about....doubt this person youre talking about falls into this category though

Archive 01-25-2002 05:27 AM

Curious Ebay Option

Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>Dr. Koos, have his e-bay feedback private?<BR><BR>The story went, as I recall, that there were some that had a personal vendetta against him, and proceeded to leave him multiple feedbacks with a rancorous story of horrible comments across many feedbacks (although they were not negative feedbacks!)<BR><BR>I haven't heard from the good doctor in a while, though. His ebay id was comic-keys or some variation of such...

Archive 01-25-2002 07:59 AM

Curious Ebay Option

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>There was someone on the old board who had a "customer spam" problem last year and made his feedback private.

Archive 01-25-2002 01:14 PM

Curious Ebay Option

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I won't let anyone bid if they have private feedback unless they let me see the feedback, just for reasons that Lee stated. I understand the legit reasons for doing it, but scum will use the system tot hier full advantage.<BR><BR>Unlike most people, I am not afraid to leave negative or nuetral feedback. Everyone is scared to death of retaliation, but out of all that I have left I only had one retaliate, and that was a card dealer in Florida that bought Walter Johson wire photo and then said I sold him a fake. I found out from friends that lived in his area that he had presold the wire photo to customer and then the customer back out of the deal after he found out that was a photo of Johnson in a Newark Bears uniform.<BR><BR>With feedback as high as most of ours, a few negatives are not going to hurt you. Most peole realize that there are people out there that you can never satisfy.<br><br>I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.