Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   An eBay seller to avoid - This is messed up (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=260185)

HasselhoffsCheeseburger 09-21-2018 03:12 PM

An eBay seller to avoid - This is messed up

So I purchase a card on August 24 and pay immediately. The approximation dates on the purchase page tell me I should expect to get the card sometime between September 11 - September 17. I think that's kind of extreme but I'm a patient guy so whatever.

On the 18th I decide I better check up so I send the seller a message basically asking if the card has shipped and, if not, can they tell me when it will ship? Exactly 4 minutes later they respond that they can't find the card but they don't have it marked shipped. They offer my choice of a different card or a refund. I choose refund. I'm pissed. I had to wait a month to basically get them to tell me what they obviously already knew but okay. Before I found my zen center I sent a snide message basically saying "how hard did you actually look for the card if you responded in 4 minutes." That's it, didn't even read their response, I moved on.

A few days go by. I was just in my purchase history leaving feedbacks and cleaning it out when I got to that listing. I noticed an option next to it to "Appeal Case." I've never seen that before. I click on it. THEY FILED AN UNPAID ITEM STRIKE AGAINST ME.

Needless to say, I just spent 10 minutes going through the eBay policies and forms filing an appeal and all that malarkey. Anyway, the seller is djcsportcards . Do what you will with this information.

Arthur

vintagetoppsguy 09-21-2018 03:25 PM

Did you neg them?

HasselhoffsCheeseburger 09-22-2018 08:40 AM

I can't now. There's no option for me to leave feedback. I'd love to though.

Arthur

Jim65 09-22-2018 08:53 AM

I didn't know a seller could open an unpaid case if you pay through ebay, ebay must know you paid, correct?

Lorewalker 09-22-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1814606)
I didn't know a seller could open an unpaid case if you pay through ebay, ebay must know you paid, correct?

Ditto. If there is a record of the payment this is not possible unless it is a glitch with ebay's site as they migrate to the new payment process.

HasselhoffsCheeseburger 09-22-2018 10:51 AM

They obviously have a record of it because after I appealed and provided the messages and payment info they were quick to remove the strike from my record. But what would have happened if I didn't see the option to appeal the case?

This is a copy of the message I received from eBay after filing the appeal.

eBay
Your question about an unpaid item notification - SR# 1-178475440869

Hello ,
Thanks for contacting us about the unpaid item recorded on your account.

Based on the information you gave us, we've removed the unpaid item from your account. Any future unpaid items could affect your account status, so take a few minutes to learn more about our unpaid item policy:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item.html

If you need to contact your seller with questions or if you sent payment, but haven't received the item, you can open a request for your seller. Here's how:
1.Go to My eBay, and in the "Activity" tab, click "Purchase history".
2.Locate the item you haven't received, and then click "I didn't receive it".
3.Click "Track this item" and follow the instructions to open a request.

Please be sure to open your request no more than 30 calendar days after the estimated delivery date.

If at least 3 business days have passed since your first contact with the seller, and they haven't responded or you're not happy with their solution, you can ask us to step in and help. Here's how:
1. Go to My eBay, and in the "Activity" tab, click "Purchase history".
2. Locate the item you haven't received. Then, under the "More actions" dropdown menu, select "Ask eBay to step in and help".

Be sure to ask us to step in and help within 21 business days of opening the request with your seller.

Here are some tips for success with future transactions:
- Carefully review each listing. If you have any questions about an item, be sure to use the "Ask a question" link to ask the seller a question before you bid or buy.
- Make sure that you're eligible to purchase the item. If the seller has any buyer requirements that you don't meet, don't bid on or buy the item. For example, review the shipping details to make sure you live in an area the seller is willing to ship to.

We appreciate your effort to help resolve this unpaid item.

Thanks,

eBay

bobbyw8469 09-22-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HasselhoffsCheeseburger (Post 1814630)
They obviously have a record of it because after I appealed and provided the messages and payment info they were quick to remove the strike from my record. But what would have happened if I didn't see the option to appeal the case?

This is a copy of the message I received from eBay after filing the appeal.

eBay
Your question about an unpaid item notification - SR# 1-178475440869

Hello ,
Thanks for contacting us about the unpaid item recorded on your account.

Based on the information you gave us, we've removed the unpaid item from your account. Any future unpaid items could affect your account status, so take a few minutes to learn more about our unpaid item policy:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item.html

If you need to contact your seller with questions or if you sent payment, but haven't received the item, you can open a request for your seller. Here's how:
1.Go to My eBay, and in the "Activity" tab, click "Purchase history".
2.Locate the item you haven't received, and then click "I didn't receive it".
3.Click "Track this item" and follow the instructions to open a request.

Please be sure to open your request no more than 30 calendar days after the estimated delivery date.

If at least 3 business days have passed since your first contact with the seller, and they haven't responded or you're not happy with their solution, you can ask us to step in and help. Here's how:
1. Go to My eBay, and in the "Activity" tab, click "Purchase history".
2. Locate the item you haven't received. Then, under the "More actions" dropdown menu, select "Ask eBay to step in and help".

Be sure to ask us to step in and help within 21 business days of opening the request with your seller.

Here are some tips for success with future transactions:
- Carefully review each listing. If you have any questions about an item, be sure to use the "Ask a question" link to ask the seller a question before you bid or buy.
- Make sure that you're eligible to purchase the item. If the seller has any buyer requirements that you don't meet, don't bid on or buy the item. For example, review the shipping details to make sure you live in an area the seller is willing to ship to.

We appreciate your effort to help resolve this unpaid item.

Thanks,

eBay

Maybe you should ask Ebay if the seller should get a strike for not shipping the item??

swarmee 09-22-2018 12:38 PM

I am waiting for a non-payer case to close tonight, he has until 9pm CT. Checked his positive feedback and found 25!!! false positives for non-payment despite a 99.6% positive feedback rating, IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS. Once he doesn't pay tonight, I'm going to close the case, give him the ding, then call eBay about him.
If Brent at PWCC is still serious about "improving" eBay, allowing sellers to leave negative feedback to buyers is a REQUIREMENT. And while they're at it, make ALL feedback count in the displayed percentage, not just the last year of feedbacks.

Stampsfan 09-23-2018 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1814659)
...And while they're at it, make ALL feedback count in the displayed percentage, not just the last year of feedbacks.

Yeah I always found that kinda bizarre. The buyer / seller has been relatively good lately, so we will ignore anything that happened earlier.

Tabe 09-23-2018 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1814659)
If Brent at PWCC is still serious about "improving" eBay, allowing sellers to leave negative feedback to buyers is a REQUIREMENT.

Sellers had this and couldn't handle it. They blackmailed buyers and held feedback hostage. And so Ebay took it away. Sellers will never, ever get it back.

steve B 09-24-2018 10:29 AM

And yet, buyers do the same thing with feedback and it's basically ignored, along with abusing returns, lying about things not being as described etc.

If it's not a two way street, feedback is nearly worthless. Which is why I haven't bothered to leave much since they made it that way.

bobbyw8469 09-24-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

And yet, buyers do the same thing with feedback and it's basically ignored, along with abusing returns, lying about things not being as described etc. ]
Amen to that.

bobbyw8469 09-24-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabe (Post 1814787)
Sellers had this and couldn't handle it. They blackmailed buyers and held feedback hostage. And so Ebay took it away. Sellers will never, ever get it back.

Some did this. But truly, about 85% of bad buyers deserve some kind of negative feedback. Not all buyers are precious little angels.

Leon 09-28-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1815073)
Some did this. But truly, about 85% of bad buyers deserve some kind of negative feedback. Not all buyers are precious little angels.

There are a lot of bad buyers and sellers. :)

NotVader 09-28-2018 12:26 PM

weird