Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Incredible eBay find that never materialized (newly discovered info on 6/26!!!) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=256187)

ALR-bishop 07-03-2018 02:23 PM

The penitent man will pass

Wite3 07-04-2018 01:41 PM

If I had a dollar for every second wasted reading this thread the last few days, I could have bought a Cobb postcard off ebay!

calvindog 07-04-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egri (Post 1791784)
I don’t get to geek out about logistics very often, so I’m going to take this OT for a minute, but the world’s farmers produce enough food each year to end world hunger, the problem is we don’t have a distribution network that can get food from the farms here to some tiny village deep in Africa without spending an arm and a leg to do it. And that’s before getting in to human factors like border crossings that get closed, warlords who seize the shipments for their supporters, etc.

This is actually the only interesting post of this entire thread.

Stampsfan 07-04-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wite3 (Post 1792188)
If I had a dollar for every second wasted reading this thread the last few days, I could have bought a Cobb postcard off ebay!

I read the first few posts on this thread when it first popped up. I thought it might be about some incredible (interesting) eBay find. When it wasn't either (incredible or interesting), I stopped reading it. However, I was curious tonight as to why it was still on the front page, so I opened it and went to the last page.

I saw this post, and realize I should have left well alone. Thanks for the info.

steve B 07-05-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1791770)
When we were kids and didn't eat all of our food at dinner my dad would say, Do you know there are starving kids in the world? At which I would reply, Can you send it to them? That never went over very well.

I did that too. Second biggest trouble I got into when I was little.
"There are starving children in X that would love those peas"
"Great! get me an envelope!" :D

pokerplyr80 07-05-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wite3 (Post 1792188)

If you got paid a dollar a second to do anything you'd make more in a year than most do in a lifetime.

ALR-bishop 07-05-2018 05:37 PM

“If I just had a dollar for every dollar I ever spent, heck I would have all my money back’....Jack Handey

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-05-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1792460)
“If I just had a dollar for every dollar I ever spent, heck I would have all my money back’....Jack Handey

Love Jack Handey.

Of course if I had a nickel for every dollar I've ever earned I'd be way ahead of where I am now lol.

1952boyntoncollector 07-06-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1792461)
Love Jack Handey.

Of course if I had a nickel for every dollar I've ever earned I'd be way ahead of where I am now lol.

a nickel aint worth a dime these days

Rich Klein 07-06-2018 08:41 PM

I think we all agree the OP went a tad too far in his conspiracy theories. And is upset at the wrong person (s).

However, he does have a point, which seems to be missed, is once a deal is agreed upon, it should be honored by both sides. if the original seller did not get enough for his card, well that's on him and the fake reason for not shipping the card was proven false when the card reappeared.

We've all screwed up at some point but at some point your word needs to be your bond

Rich

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-06-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1792784)
I think we all agree the OP went a tad too far in his conspiracy theories. And is upset at the wrong person (s).

However, he does have a point, which seems to be missed, is once a deal is agreed upon, it should be honored by both sides. if the original seller did not get enough for his card, well that's on him and the fake reason for not shipping the card was proven false when the card reappeared.

We've all screwed up at some point but at some point your word needs to be your bond

Rich

Pretty sure we're all in agreement on that point, don't feel it was missed. Maybe overshadowed, but not missed.