Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The ultimate trade up (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238153)

ronniehatesjazz 04-17-2017 07:05 PM

I was cracking up at work today reading this thread. It's like an honest Mr. Mint or something. I see nothing wrong with a guy offering liquidity to a marketplace, especially if he's being upfront about it. I've been looking to take a break buying/trading but I may be interested to take him up at some point. Regardless, i hope to see the swashbuckling shenanigans continue.

wondo 04-17-2017 07:20 PM

My experience in this was interesting. Stephen and I debated the merits / feasibility of his trade strategy - it was done politely. I sent a lot over for consideration and we bantered a bit, but a deal was quickly done. Now, Stephen and I are polar opposites on the intense scale. Wasn't a problem. When we did do a trade, it couldn't have been two more different lots of cards; we obviously valued them differently. Much fun!!

Leon 04-18-2017 07:13 AM

That is very cool. Glad to hear this is the type thing going on....

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondo (Post 1651759)
My experience in this was interesting. Stephen and I debated the merits / feasibility of his trade strategy - it was done politely. I sent a lot over for consideration and we bantered a bit, but a deal was quickly done. Now, Stephen and I are polar opposites on the intense scale. Wasn't a problem. When we did do a trade, it couldn't have been two more different lots of cards; we obviously valued them differently. Much fun!!

Bpm0014 04-18-2017 08:58 AM

My experience was also favorable. We texted back and forth for a day or so and came to an agreement. I hope to do another deal with him in the future for sure.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 04-18-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondo (Post 1651759)

Hit the nail on the head!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bpm0014 (Post 1651868)
My experience was also favorable. We texted back and forth for a day or so and came to an agreement. I hope to do another deal with him in the future for sure.

My man

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 04-18-2017 09:02 AM

Ok boys. Here is where we stand.

Started with a WOJO/WAJO.

I am now left with

T206 McGraw, finger air, psa2 HOF
T206 Kelly, psa3 HOF
T206 Pelty, vert, psa 4.5
T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
a very nice raw NM range 62 topps Mays AS card
T-206 Rube Marquard
Honus Wagner Photo

Make a offer for some or all. We will then go on to the next stage.

Remember. I am not picky.

ZenPop 04-18-2017 04:51 PM

I hope you end up with that '52 Mantle instead of being shell shocked with only an '87 Topps Lasorda card to show for this. (the horror!)

For the record... I love the whole trading cards thing...

It brings back the spirit of original card collecting.
(can you believe it? Giants and Dodgers fans agreeing?!!!)

I collect original baseball artwork, and I'd love to trade some of my pieces to get ones featuring Giants instead of other teams...

Best of luck!!!

Leon 04-19-2017 08:20 AM

Your T206s should move fine. But like the last member said, I hope you don't trade from a T206 Wajo to a Donruss Joe Schmo at end......

Quote:

Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE (Post 1651872)

I am now left with

T206 Kelly, psa3 HOF
T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
T-206 Rube Marquard
Honus Wagner Photo

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 04-19-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1652127)
Your T206s should move fine. But like the last member said, I hope you don't trade from a T206 Wajo to a Donruss Joe Schmo at end......

Wait. This 87 Topps card is bad? I call trade backs!

bn2cardz 04-19-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE (Post 1651872)

I am now left with

T206 Kelly, psa3 HOF
T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
T-206 Rube Marquard
Honus Wagner Photo

You aren't just left with this are you? You also have some funds from previous sales correct?