Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   cardcollectorguru aka Jose Tijero (all is well) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=178809)

Leon 11-15-2013 02:22 PM

cardcollectorguru aka Jose Tijero (all is well)

Please be aware it looks like there could be an issue with one of our members. Since I want to get to the bottom of this maybe posting this thread will help. One of our members did a deal with cardcollectorguru aka Jose Tijero, a little over 2 weeks ago, and Jose doesn't seem to want to get back to our member that paid for the card. Jose lives in Richmond California, we believe. There was another situation recently with Jose too, and I was asked for some advice. After looking at the situation I couldn't give a thumbs up. Anyone doing any deals with this guy should beware. If there is no response by tomorrow I will ban him. I want to make sure this isn't all just a mistake. If it is I will apologize and we can move on. thanks

update=- see last post....all is well.

ZachS 11-15-2013 02:49 PM

Leon, might I suggest that you put this warning in the thread cardcollectorguru has on the Autograph B/S/T forum.

It's a thread looking for offers on 2 signed Clemente cards. With him looking for offers I'd imagine most of the dealings are going on in PMs or email. If this guy is a crook I'd hate to see someone get burned.

Here's the thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=178629

Jason 11-15-2013 02:52 PM

He is online so hopefully he will clear the air here soon.;)

Leon 11-15-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachS (Post 1207129)
Leon, might I suggest that you put this warning in the thread cardcollectorguru has on the Autograph B/S/T forum.

It's a thread looking for offers on 2 signed Clemente cards. With him looking for offers I'd imagine most of the dealings are going on in PMs or email. If this guy is a crook I'd hate to see someone get burned.

Here's the thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=178629

I am aware Zach....

chaddurbin 11-15-2013 03:07 PM

i just sent him a check for some cards, guess i have to do a stop payment now? can you send me a pm about the other board member's situation leon?

edit: also would be great to hear from member(s) that have had successful dealings with him.

Leon 11-15-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1207136)
i just sent him a check for some cards, guess i have to do a stop payment now? can you send me a pm about the other board member's situation leon?

Shoot me an email to leonl@flash.net

daves_resale_shop 11-15-2013 03:15 PM

card collector guru

Leon,

had a not so good experience with this member 2 months ago... sent him a check through the mail day after we made a deal & he didn't ship the product until 10 days after the transaction (sent and email or two)...

He did send me 4 cards instead of 3... but not someone I personally would do business with again.

cardcollectorguru 11-15-2013 03:17 PM

Jose Tijero

Leon and board members.

I have sent out the card to Robert the second day i received this payment. I also replied to Robert that the card has been mailed out to his address and if he has not received it to let me know. I also explained to Robert that i had duplicates of the item he purchased and that i was willing to re send another card. i also mentioned that i will gladly refund his money...He stated he wants the card so i offered to re send it out. The second card went out yesterday. Every one that has purchased cards have been mailed out every single buyer has received their cards or items...Also Leon i know you have access to the e-mails please check and see my replies to Robert...Thnx

bobbyw8469 11-15-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

sent him a check through the mail day after we made a deal & he didn't ship the product until 10 days after the transaction (sent and email or two)...
Maybe he wanted to wait until the check cleared?

cardcollectorguru 11-15-2013 03:24 PM

Leon and Board members

Hi I just text Quan, i have his cell number and he has interest in some cards that i have and i told him that i have no problem sending the cards to him or his check back....I gave him an option...by no means i want to burn anyone here on the forum...i buy and sell here and i love meeting people that love this hobby like i do...and i want to keep this safe ans for the members and for my self..every card i post on here have and in my possession just to clear all this up...thank you board members for your concern and honesty.

Leon 11-15-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardcollectorguru (Post 1207143)
Leon and board members.

I have sent out the card to Robert the second day i received this payment. I also replied to Robert that the card has been mailed out to his address and if he has not received it to let me know. I also explained to Robert that i had duplicates of the item he purchased and that i was willing to re send another card. i also mentioned that i will gladly refund his money...He stated he wants the card so i offered to re send it out. The second card went out yesterday. Every one that has purchased cards have been mailed out every single buyer has received their cards or items...Also Leon i know you have access to the e-mails please check and see my replies to Robert...Thnx

Joseph- A few things. Number one, all members need to have a working phone number on file. Please email that to me at leon@net54baseball.com . I called the number you have on file, a little while ago, and it has been disconnected. That is why I raised a yellow/red flag. That, along with the email string I have, makes me think something is up, and not in a good way. According to the message I got today, Rob has been asking you for the last few days for the NEW tracking info and you haven't responded yet, yet you are on the board. None of this is personal......ALso, there seems to be some issue with another card you are selling on the BST, for half of what it sold for last time? And it's a fairly high end card....You are more than welcome to do that but understand people rightfully question very illogical deals.

MooseDog 11-15-2013 03:29 PM

For what it's worth I recently bought two cards from Jose, received them in a timely manner and they were exactly as described.

Leon 11-15-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 1207149)
For what it's worth I recently bought two cards from Jose, received them in a timely manner and they were exactly as described.

The member in question has been on the board quite a while. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this is just a series of small misunderstandings...

cardcollectorguru 11-15-2013 03:34 PM

here is what a bord member had to say about me Jose tijero

MooseDog
J Stone

chaddurbin 11-15-2013 03:36 PM

Jose has listed successful SELLING transactions with bobbyw, canjond, vintagechris, masons08; yankeeno7....if these are true then I'm fine going with the agreed deal

LEIDEMEG 11-15-2013 03:40 PM

Jose

I purchased Walter Payton signed cards from Jose. I sent him a $150 money order. I received the cards (shipped from Cali to md) in about 5 days. George Leidemer

Leon 11-15-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1207154)
Jose has listed successful SELLING transactions with bobbyw, canjond, vintagechris, masons08; yankeeno7....if these are true then I'm fine going with the agreed deal

Sounds great, Good luck...sounds like everything will be fine.

bobbyw8469 11-15-2013 03:45 PM

I am afraid I don't remember this guy....Jose...what card did I get from you?

Leon 11-15-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardcollectorguru (Post 1207152)
here is what a bord member had to say about me Jose tijero

MooseDog
J Stone

Please email a verifiable, working phone number to leonl@flash.net ....it is a requirement to be a member on this board. Again, nothing personal.... thanks

Leon 11-15-2013 04:24 PM

I just had a very nice conversation with Jose. My apologies to him but I was only doing what I thought best. I/We will continue to be vigilant and try to keep this a safe place. Happy collecting everyone.....

Robextend 11-15-2013 04:50 PM

Hey all, I made Leon aware because the check was deposited/cashed on 10/28 and I haven't received any card to this point. There has been communication, but it has been spotty at best. I asked for a tracking number at least on 3 occasions and did not get a reply...thought that was a little fishy.

Was just trying to look out for other members. If I receive the card, I will be the first to get on here and say so...but I definitely felt something needed to be said.

I have had at this point probably hundreds of transactions on here with zero issues and would love to make sure things continue that way for me and my fellow board members.

Rob

Robextend 11-19-2013 02:00 PM

Just an update, no card, no tracking number.

When I asked for a tracking number those couple times, I didn't receive ANY response.

Jose - Can you provide a tracking number? Simple question.

canjond 11-19-2013 02:37 PM

I just got back from vacation but I'll chime in, too. I completed a deal with Jose a few weeks ago, and all was well. He was responsive to my messages, and the item was as described.

Robextend 11-19-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canjond (Post 1208387)
I just got back from vacation but I'll chime in, too. I completed a deal with Jose a few weeks ago, and all was well. He was responsive to my messages, and the item was as described.

Jon, I am jealous :)

Maybe my emails smell or something.

e107collector 11-19-2013 02:44 PM

Jose

I still find it strange that Rob hasn't been provided with a tracking number.

I don't think he is asking too much.

Hope it all works out in the end.

Tony

7nohitter 11-19-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e107collector (Post 1208389)
I still find it strange that Rob hasn't been provided with a tracking number.

I don't think he is asking too much.

Hope it all works out in the end.

Tony

Agreed! It would appear that all is NOT well...

Lgarza99 11-19-2013 03:39 PM

Thanks for highlighting this issue. I'm just starting and if I would have run into this issue right off it would have be a huge turn off. Luckily I've had very good transactions with fellow board members so far.

Good luck Rob.

canjond 11-19-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robextend (Post 1208388)
Jon, I am jealous :)

Maybe my emails smell or something.

I think there is a way to turn that function off. Leon?

:cool:

Leon 11-19-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canjond (Post 1208407)
I think there is a way to turn that function off. Leon?

:cool:

I don't know anything about emails but you can turn off PMs from all members except moderators...

Robextend 11-20-2013 12:40 PM

Update:

Received a tracking number from Jose today.

Accepted at USPS today, expected delivery the 23rd.

Thanks - Rob

JasonD08 11-20-2013 09:05 PM

Still waiting on my 4 autos from him.

jbhofmann 11-21-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robextend (Post 1208628)
Update:

Thanks - Rob

USPS taking 3 weeks?

What date did the tracking start?

bnorth 11-21-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbhofmann (Post 1208857)
USPS taking 3 weeks?

What date did the tracking start?

I can not comment on Jose, but USPS taking over 3 weeks has been a problem for at least 3 months now. I sent Leon payment for one of the awesome net54 shirts and it took a month to get to him with paid tracking. I also made a trade over on the BO forum recently and my card made it to the other person in 3 days but his card to me took 2 weeks and that was with paid tracking. They need to get rid of the garbage union the USPS has before they completely ruin the USPS.

rainier2004 11-21-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robextend (Post 1208628)
Update:

Thanks - Rob

Not sure where the 3 week figure came from, my math gives me 2 days shipping.

jbhofmann 11-21-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainier2004 (Post 1208877)
Not sure where the 3 week figure came from, my math gives me 2 days shipping.

The way I read it....Paid before Halloween (3 weeks ago) and hasn't gotten that card or a tracking number.

Apparently a second card with a second number was sent just recently.

Leon 11-21-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbhofmann (Post 1208900)
The way I read it....Paid before Halloween (3 weeks ago) and hasn't gotten that card or a tracking number.

Apparently a second card with a second number was sent just recently.

I believe this is true however there does seem to be a consistent lag in Jose's actions. I have been apprised of another very late issue too...but in the end it was ok.

Robextend 11-22-2013 10:43 AM

Transaction complete. Thank you very much Jose...you had me worried, but in the end you came through.

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/7531/gctt.jpg

7nohitter 11-22-2013 11:23 AM

Glad to see a successful ending to this saga!

bobbyw8469 11-22-2013 11:57 AM

wtf?!?! We are praising someone who did something he should have done weeks ago?? Reminds me of my work. Employee of the month was whoever messed up the most, because they kept at it until they "finally" got it right. Meanwhile, the ones who were consistently perfect were forgotten about, and did not get any recognition.

Robextend 11-22-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1209388)
wtf?!?! We are praising someone who did something he should have done weeks ago?? Reminds me of my work. Employee of the month was whoever messed up the most, because they kept at it until they "finally" got it right. Meanwhile, the ones who were consistently perfect were forgotten about, and did not get any recognition.

Def not praise... I didn't wanna leave the situation hanging when it has in fact come to a conclusion.

JasonD08 11-23-2013 08:07 AM

Cards arrived thanks Joe.

jgmp123 01-08-2014 12:14 PM

Hello,

I need to find Jose's contact info. He is now banned and I have not received anything from him after several PM's. Does anyone have this guys Phone # or email address???