Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Praise for REA and Brian Dwyer (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249961)

Bosox Blair 01-11-2018 05:43 PM

Praise for REA and Brian Dwyer

Hi All,

I wanted to acknowledge the outstanding service I recently received from Brian and REA.

I have been a regular bidder at REA for maybe 10 years or so. I am not one of those bidders people refer to as "whales"...more like a guppy, I suppose. I think my winnings in any single REA auction have never exceeded $10K.

I say this to provide the context that I'm not one of those customers that every business would do just about anything to have.

In the Fall 2017 REA auction, my winnings came in at under $2000. But I asked Brian if he would consider doing me a favor that would save me a substantial sum, but would require Brian to spend a fair bit of time on my behalf. (I won't specify further, as this was something unique to my situation.) Without hesitation, he agreed to help me out, and he did exactly what he promised.

REA has never yet disappointed me, but this time I am thankful Brian went above-and-beyond.

In a day and age where the internet is used to air so many complaints, I thought it was important to acknowledge truly great service when it is provided like this.

All the best to my fellow collectors in 2018!

Cheers,
Blair

bigfish 01-11-2018 05:46 PM

Rea

Brian and his team are superb.

Cmount76 01-11-2018 06:02 PM

Not to hijack, but rather piggyback the OP's sentiments. During the Spring auction last year, there were a few cards I wanted. And like most of you, I placed a huge number of initial bids and slowly began to narrow it down to a few lots.

The prices began to get realized and I became disappointed that I might only win one lot. My wife went behind my back and with only a few days until the close of the auction and without any real card history, she contacted Brian to explain that she wanted to open an account so that she could surprise me with another lot.

Long story short; I won my intended and lot and my wife (unbeknownst to me) also won her lot. Brain remembered his phone conversation with my wife and took the time to call her and ask if she would like them shipped in two separate packages, so that I wouldn't realize it when my winning lot arrived.

Needless to say, it was a very pleasant birthday surprise, but more importantly, A+ customer service!

Bosox Blair 01-11-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmount76 (Post 1737733)

Needless to say, it was a very pleasant birthday surprise, but more importantly, A+ customer service!

Great story and another example of awesome service!

Cheers,
Blair

Aquarian Sports Cards 01-11-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Not to hijack, but rather piggyback the OP's sentiments. During the Spring auction last year, there were a few cards I wanted. And like most of you, I placed a huge number of initial bids and slowly began to narrow it down to a few lots.

The prices began to get realized and I became disappointed that I might only win one lot. My wife went behind my back and with only a few days until the close of the auction and without any real card history, she contacted Brian to explain that she wanted to open an account so that she could surprise me with another lot.

Long story short; I won my intended and lot and my wife (unbeknownst to me) also won her lot. Brain remembered his phone conversation with my wife and took the time to call her and ask if she would like them shipped in two separate packages, so that I wouldn't realize it when my winning lot arrived.

evil part of me was waiting for "so my wife accidentally bid me up" portion of the story.

calvindog 01-11-2018 08:26 PM

REA under Rob Lifson was the only auction house I fully trusted and this continues under Brian.

ruth-gehrig 01-11-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Not to hijack, but rather piggyback the OP's sentiments. During the Spring auction last year,

Now that's cool:)

GregMitch34 01-11-2018 09:14 PM

Visited Brian just today at their new outpost in Chester. Big space they have their. Someone had just consigned a zillion cards they have go through. Good guy.

glynparson 01-13-2018 04:21 AM

Brian and Michael

Brian Dwyer and Michael Goldberg are two of the best people i know. Not just in the hobby, but on the entire planet. A truly great, honest, and knowledgable team.

iowadoc77 01-13-2018 06:33 AM

Nothing but good things to say about REA. Communication before, during, and after the sale has always been great. Only complaint is that often the cards go for more than I care to spend. :D

RedsFan1941 01-13-2018 05:24 PM

its easy to overlook the guys in the hobby who are honest and good at their job

e107collector 01-13-2018 08:06 PM

Rea

These are just some of the reasons why I entrusted consigning my collection to them for the upcoming Spring auction.

Brian was great to deal with. Total professional all the way!

Tony

Neal 01-13-2018 09:42 PM

The only auctions that I have ever consigned with have been with REA and Sterling - which Brian started. Hardest working man in the hobby!

oldjudge 01-13-2018 10:37 PM

The REA guys are great. Kudos to Dean, the veteran of the group.

clydepepper 01-14-2018 02:24 AM

Quote:

That's great Michael.

I have only one question for you:

Does your wife have an available sister?

=

Aquarian Sports Cards 01-14-2018 07:19 AM

Just to echo Glyn's comments, I've only talked with Brian a couple times but he blew me away at the national when he called me by name merely by the card I brought him to consign. We had talked about it once on the phone and had never met. I walked up to their booth and he saw the card, a nice card but nothing earth shattering by any stretch of the imagination, in my hand and knew instantly who I was. Mike I deal with all the time and he's absolutely one of the nicest guys I've met, in the hobby or out.

vintagewhitesox 01-15-2018 11:53 AM

I cannot say enough good things about Brian. Nothing in this thread surprises me.

One of the honorable and trustworthy guys in the hobby.

Leon 01-19-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1738579)
Just to echo Glyn's comments, I've only talked with Brian a couple times but he blew me away at the national when he called me by name merely by the card I brought him to consign. We had talked about it once on the phone and had never met. I walked up to their booth and he saw the card, a nice card but nothing earth shattering by any stretch of the imagination, in my hand and knew instantly who I was. Mike I deal with all the time and he's absolutely one of the nicest guys I've met, in the hobby or out.

I couldn't agree morel As friendly as anyone you could hope to meet. He also graciously gave to the Net54baseball Dinner doggy charity and couldn't even make the dinner.

cardsnstuff 01-19-2018 12:00 PM

Based on this and numerous threads about them I was considering consigning some items; just curious is there any wiggle room on their 20% sellers fee? Nothing I have that I am aware of is considered significant.

bobbyw8469 01-19-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsnstuff (Post 1740066)
Based on this and numerous threads about them I was considering consigning some items; just curious is there any wiggle room on their 20% sellers fee? Nothing I have that I am aware of is considered significant.

Is it 20% now?? I thought it was 15%?

Aaron Seefeldt 01-19-2018 12:33 PM

The best in the biz

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1737814)
REA under Rob Lifson was the only auction house I fully trusted and this continues under Brian.

+1

Topnotchsy 01-19-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsnstuff (Post 1740066)

Reach out to Brian and see what he has to say. Particularly if the item is decent value, and/or does not require anything special work (ie. it is already graded and not something highly obscure) I believe it is easier for them to work with you. I am consigning a couple of items to this auction that’s upcoming, and Brian has been nothing but extremely helpful and friendly.

rainier2004 01-19-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topnotchsy (Post 1740091)
Reach out to Brian and see what he has to say. Particularly if the item is decent value, and/or does not require anything special work (ie. it is already graded and not something highly obscure) I believe it is easier for them to work with you. I am consigning a couple of items to this auction that’s upcoming, and Brian has been nothing but extremely helpful and friendly.

Or just sell to me!

sflayank 01-19-2018 05:00 PM

Rea

Wow...ive never seen a zillion cards

Hankphenom 01-19-2018 05:41 PM

Tom D'Alonzo is my man at REA, and he's a total pro like the whole outfit.