Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Please help this seller understand his reprint CJ's! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=79644)

Archive 01-03-2006 07:24 AM

Please help this seller understand his reprint CJ's!

Posted By: <b>Brian Daniels</b><p>He asked how we know these are fakes~ (reprints)<br /><br /><a href="http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbassfisher0714QQhtZ-1" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbassfisher0714QQhtZ-1</a>

Archive 01-03-2006 07:27 AM

Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>Didn't everyone's grandfather give them a Wagner, Jackson, and Cobb CJ? And wouldn't everyone offer them up on ebay at super low mind bids?<br /><br />Obviously a doofus trying to find an even bigger doofus.

Archive 01-03-2006 07:42 AM

Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Reprint =<br /><br />"I found them at my granddad's which makes me a firm believer they are 100% authentic, but I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE if they are not." <br /><br />

Archive 01-03-2006 07:46 AM

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Either the cards are authentic or they are not. Clearly the cards violate ebay policy.<br /><br /><a href="http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/authenticity-disclaimers.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/authenticity-disclaimers.html</a><br /><br />Brian E.

Archive 01-03-2006 07:49 AM

Posted By: <b>Brian Daniels</b><p>already!

Archive 01-03-2006 07:56 AM

Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>I'm new to this but I like:<br /><br />"they were stored in an acid free box(or so I am told) in protective cases."<br />

Archive 01-03-2006 08:08 AM

Posted By: <b>t206King</b><p>i seriously laugh when i see this! someone should report him. same old story, grandfather etc etc. i find it funny he says "hes not responsible if there not authentic". come on! he says i beleive there 100% authentic, but then he says hes not responsible if there not? that sentence doesnt make sense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archive 01-03-2006 08:29 AM

Posted By: <b>Brian Daniels</b><p> "Quit telling me I know they are fake because I am not convinced they are, even after you saying all of this. I found out how old they are by looking them up in a beckett. Please email what you have that will so called prove they are fakes."<br />

Archive 01-03-2006 08:30 AM

Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>And he somehow knew which CJs were the good ones, right? After all, there were many more that didn't make their way to Ebay.<br /><br />Brian, I usually get to work at 7:00am

Archive 01-03-2006 08:43 AM

Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>We know that they are fakes because all dead grandfathers put their reprints in protective cases, placed in acid free boxes located typically in their attic. The real cards are in rusty tins behind removable cinder blocks in the basement.<br /><br />Check the cellar!

Archive 01-03-2006 08:48 AM

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>He forgot to include 'God Bless'<br /><br /><br />Steve

Archive 01-03-2006 09:49 AM

Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>This is good to:<br />"Feel free to ask questions about the card now, I am talking about no questions asked if it for some reason turned up to be not authentic. That is a chance that you all must take. I am not willing to put in the effort to send them off to get graded, that is why I am selling them to you all for ya'll to do."<br /><br />It's almost like the lottery...I will keep my $15 and buy a six pack of beer and 10 Powerball tickets.<br /><br />Plus he's selling a few more cards now, looks like on day he will be the guru he dreams to be.

Archive 01-03-2006 09:56 AM

Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>I wonder if those other cards were found in his grandpa's acid free box?<br /><br />He has no idea that they're fakes, but seems to have plenty of card interest to buy shiny, new autograph cards. <br /><br />If there were ever a chance that someone believed there was a shot in hell that the CJs were real, he just blew it by listing the other two cards.

Archive 01-03-2006 10:19 AM

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>The backs of the 1915 CJ's were printed upside down. Has anyone asked him if the Cobb is upside down?

Archive 01-03-2006 10:21 AM

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Looks like they were removed.

Archive 01-03-2006 12:07 PM

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Back up again. This time being sold as reprints. still from gramps though.<br /><br />SD

Archive 01-03-2006 12:58 PM

Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>new line:<br /><br />"Once you purchase the item you can send it in and get it verified. I get screwed out of money this way and you make money, but I guess that is the nature of the beast here on ebay. I don't have the time or patience to send them to be verified, but I know plenty of you do."<br /><br />Translation: reprints<br /><br />What kind of idiot wouldn't invest $20 to have at least one card verified if he really believed they were real? I guess it's "the nature of the beast here on ebay..."<br /><br />

Archive 01-03-2006 04:09 PM

Posted By: <b>William Heitman</b><p>Life is like a box of chocolates . . . . . RUN FORREST . . . . . . RUN!!

Archive 01-03-2006 05:53 PM

Posted By: <b>Brian Daniels</b><p>This time He is GETTING SCREWED! And is too busy sorting out other fake collectibles to send it in.So he still more than implies they are real. This guy is a rock~

Archive 01-03-2006 06:46 PM

Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>Since he has been buying Play Station games on eBay, I have been real tempted to E mail him and say, "Stick to the games and let the adults handle the vintage baseball cards".

Archive 01-03-2006 07:14 PM

Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>I did all the reasons why when the Cobb was first posted ,the 144 ,the 176,the cream colors.....etc...<br /><br />I think that I am going to sell him a Cobb that<br />came in a box or Archway cookies in 1917.

Archive 01-03-2006 07:45 PM

Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>Dan - I picked up on the cream colors for these (and granddad's house). But I have no clue what you mean by the 144, 176. Side by side to a real one (scans - I don't own a CJ yet) I don't see any difference in the text, numbers, etc.<br /><br />Joann

Archive 01-03-2006 07:56 PM

Posted By: <b>Anson</b><p>Contrary to the limited numbers of high grade CJ HOFers listed on SGC and PSA's websites, they really are in abundance. However, we need to send out a bulletin during the commercial breaks of "Matlock" and "Murder She Wrote" to ask all the grandpas of the world to check their attics.

Archive 01-03-2006 08:00 PM

Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>144 cards in the 1914's and the back are right side up.<br /><br />176 cards in the 15's and the backs are upside down.