Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fair shake; calling out Kirk Keith (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=169349)

JoeyF1981 05-25-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean1125 (Post 1136744)
You've offered before so how about you show me your paypal and bill me later logs? Apologizing and saying you are 'dumb' isn't a good enough excuse for losing thousands of dollars the way you did - I would deem that there is something more to it - prove me wrong. I would be more than happy to post a public apology and say I think nothing fishy is going on, if I in fact think nothing fishy is going on. I dealt with online intangible goods for years, where things like what you are doing are very common and many people get screwed. I call 100% bullshit on everything you say.

Edited for name:

S34N B4551K

ill show you my logs privately. Dont turn into kirk please.

JoeyF1981 05-25-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean1125 (Post 1136747)
I am calling you a liar, and you have yet to prove otherwise.

S34N B4551K

sean- personally you can call me a liar until your blue in the face. Did I ever do anything personally to you??? im not concerned what you think of me honestly

Sean1125 05-25-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 (Post 1136749)
sean- personally you can call me a liar until your blue in the face. Did I ever do anything personally to you??? im not concerned what you think of me honestly

You don't have to do something to me personally for me to share my opinion that I think you are a liar do I? I will be happy to post on your behalf if it warrants it... Until then I digress.

JoeyF1981 05-25-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wite3 (Post 1136746)
How this affects me...

I read your original post because it was not specifically Kirk, you changed that.

It affects me because you have proven that you are not to be trusted (I actually thank you for that).

It affects me that people I have done business with and consider friends have been affected by you.

It affects me that I support this board...you have yet to post anything of note or interest concerning vintage cards.

I am done...just wanted to vent...you have proven yourself an idiot...not going to give you any more attention...troll

Joshua

BS! you didnt know anything about me until now. If it affected you so much why is this the first time youve made any comments about it?? Youre full of it and you just wanna be a drama queen

sbfinley 05-25-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 (Post 1136729)
sb- Im not even going to comment on this because what's done is done. Nobody got scammed or ripped off. Everyone has their money and at the end of the day its between me and them. If they have a issue then we can talk, but in all due respect its nobodys business, but me and the people Ive had any issue with. If it hasn't personally affected you then frankly it shouldnt matter unless you were doing business with me.

Thanks for putting this thread into perspective.

Leon 05-26-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder (Post 1136641)
i still do not understand the name posting thing. every ones name is already on every post....right?

your name is not in the thread...but is is on the header of every thread you post. while it is definitely a rule i just question what the purpose of it is? what do you get by making people physically type their name in every time they post something?

and why would you want to spend your time policing this rule? i just don't see any purpose to it. wouldn't it make more sense to have people put their real name in the profile and be done with it. then there is no i forgots, no woops. and no policing stuff on hundreds of topics, thousands of posts etc.

kevin

No, I wasn't asking that you have to post your name in every post, technically, even though that might be what I said. The main thing is for anyone giving an opinion of someone or a company, or anyone getting into an argument etc.....to have the other party know who you are. I think it sucks when people make snide comments and give opinions of people or companies and those people or companies don't know who it is saying things about them. I knew this thread would be heated somewhat so that is why the rule was made for this thread. As I said before, I think everyone deserves a place to be able to fairly debate things. If any of our members don't like this then don't click on the thread. And this thread is here because I felt Joey deserved a place to air his issues with his accuser. The fact his accuser won't come here to debate and back up his stories, to me, means they might not be true accusations. So in that respect maybe Joey accomplished what he wanted to. On the other hand it seems Joey also has taken a lot of heat, most of it sounds like it is deserved. This thread will most likely be gone in a day or so and it's not the end of the world.

I did like the comment about him and Adrian doing a card deal...it could be a case of buyers AND sellers remorse. That was classic.

bigfish 05-26-2013 04:24 AM

Forum Rule Change?

Nevermind.

bobbyw8469 05-26-2013 05:43 AM

I am not going to pile on or throw stones, as that is just something I don't believe in. As one who himself has been falsely accused of stuff, I can understand the anger and need to want to clear one's name. My best advice is to go forward and be the best person you can be. The people who are convinced that you are a scoundrel, there is no changing their mind. Do some good transactions on Ebay, and ship as fast as you can. Give some people a break on cards even if you are losing money, and you know they are going to resell it and get all the profit. Pretty soon, you will get people to know that you aren't as bad as others make you out to be. You have to want to change from the inside though. Judging by your posts, you still have a lot of anger and hostility. Make a new forum name (by god, on the PSA boards, some people have more forum names & personalities than Sybil!) - but definitely change your attitude and actions!

EvilKing00 05-26-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 (Post 1136741)
no wite you made it about you when you commented. Did I ask for anyones comments? I specifically called out kirk keith..THATS IT. You decided to comment so YOU involved yourself. Nobody forced you to comment. Youre not kirk and I never did anything to you so dont sit here and act like its affecting you

If your not looking for anyone else to comment just PM the guy your looking for, don't make a public issue of it.

kcohen 05-26-2013 06:26 AM

This forum used to be such a nice place. I even miss the occasional political firefights and detours into rock music we had back in the day. With the proliferation of newer members, pointless multipage threads where many members take pleasure in petty attacks and piling on seem to prevail now.

Net54 has jumped the shark.

vintagetoppsguy 05-26-2013 06:33 AM

I think other than Joey and Kirk, I know more about this situation than anybody else on this board, so maybe I can shed some light on this. Joey has done some shady things. There is no doubt about that and he even admits it. But who here or anywhere else can say that Joey scammed them out of money? I’m not talking about a couple of bucks for return shipping or something like that – I am talking about serious money. Who here has lost money to Joey Farino? Anyone? No? Not one? I didn’t think so.

Joey may not be the kind of person you want to do business with and I don’t blame you for that. But he has never scammed anybody out of any money. Period! On the other hand, I have seen Kirk follow Joey around to at least 4 different message boards (including this one) and constantly make wild accusations that he can’t back up and stalk the guy. If Kirk could back up his accusations, he would have commented by now. It’s like he’s obsessed with Joey and won’t leave him alone. Come on, he texts the guy just to stalk him. How screwed up in the head is that? I told Joey to retain an attorney and take him to court and I hope he follows my advice.

This is not the first time Kirk has been accused of doing something like this. Below is a thread on CU from less than a month ago that Kirk started about Joey, and another CU member named Danny spoke up and accused Kirk of the same thing (harassment). How did Kirk respond? Well, he didn’t. Crickets! Just like this thread. Just read post #8 in the thread below. That should tell you a lot about Kirk’s character.

http://forums.collectors.com/message...81&STARTPAGE=1

Edited for spelling

frankbmd 05-26-2013 06:38 AM

Follow Up to Post #116

Joey was right.:eek:

My PM box is full this morning or inquiries from jealous Net54 members.
As a public service to the Board I am posting the following link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Shiny-M...e/140654916665

BE LIKE FRANK. JUST DO IT.:D

danmckee 05-26-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcohen (Post 1136797)
This forum used to be such a nice place. I even miss the occasional political firefights and detours into rock music we had back in the day. With the proliferation of newer members, pointless multipage threads where many members take pleasure in petty attacks and piling on seem to prevail now.

+1

EvilKing00 05-26-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

hmmmmmm, are we aloud to "debate" about politics? And Talk about who the best rock bands are???

Now that would be interesting, way better than this Jersey Shore thread.

mcadams 05-26-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1136800)
I think other than Joey and Kirk, I know more about this situation than anybody else on this board, so maybe I can shed some light on this. Joey has done some shady things. There is no doubt about that and he even admits it. But who here or anywhere else can say that Joey scammed them out of money? I’m not talking about a couple of bucks for return shipping or something like that – I am talking about serious money. Who here has lost money to Joey Farino? Anyone? No? Not one? I didn’t think so.

Joey may not be the kind of person you want to do business with and I don’t blame you for that. But he has never scammed anybody out of any money. Period! On the other hand, I have seen Kirk follow Joey around to at least 4 different message boards (including this one) and constantly make wild accusations that he can’t back up and stalk the guy. If Kirk could back up his accusations, he would have commented by now. It’s like he’s obsessed with Joey and won’t leave him alone. Come on, he texts the guy just to stalk him. How screwed up in the head is that? I told Joey to retain an attorney and take him to court and I hope he follows my advice.

This is not the first time Kirk has been accused of doing something like this. Below is a thread on CU from less than a month ago that Kirk started about Joey, and another CU member named Danny spoke up and accused Kirk of the same thing (harassment). How did Kirk respond? Well, he didn’t. Crickets! Just like this thread. Just read post #8 in the thread below. That should tell you a lot about Kirk’s character.

http://forums.collectors.com/message...81&STARTPAGE=1

Edited for spelling

David- We don't know each other, but I've read plenty of your posts here over the years. I was very surprised to read your comments above where you practically turn the situation around, as if Kirk is the bad guy.

Joey has admitted that he frequently sells cards on ebay and then back outs of the transaction. Even worse, he's also admitted that he wins auctions on ebay and doesn't pay. People are now aware of Joey's BS, and so now Joey creates new usernames every few weeks/months so that people don't know who he is.

Kirk proactively lets people know when he's identified Joey posing under a new alias on Ebay or on CU BST, so that people can avoid him. But you have the gall to insinuate that Kirk is somehow the bad guy here? That's not harassment, that is Kirk protecting his friends on CU from getting into a transaction with a known scam artist. People like Kirk are good for the hobby, not vice versa.

I realize Joey is likely not happy about the fact that Kirk frequently alerts people to Joey's new aliases. For example, when Joey came to CU under the alias YankeesFan74 and tried to sell his now infamous T206 Ty Cobb Red Portrait 3 weeks ago, it was Kirk that let several people there know that YankeesFan74 was really Joey. Good for Kirk.... because we all know that Joey just takes payment for the Cobb card, he never actually mails it to anyone after they've paid.

If I were Kirk, I wouldn't reply to this thread either. Everyone at CU already knows his character and appreciates what he does for the hobby. No need to answer to "call-outs" from people who change their name every few weeks.

slidekellyslide 05-26-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1136800)

Edited for spelling

No, he just borrows their money for a while pretending to sell them a card he either does or does not have.

Paul S 05-26-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1136802)
Joey was right.:eek:

As a public service to the Board I am posting the following link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Shiny-M...e/140654916665

Frank, thanks for the link but I already own several pair. -- Paul

vintagetoppsguy 05-26-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcadams (Post 1136833)
David- We don't know each other, but I've read plenty of your posts here over the years. I was very surprised to read your comments above where you practically turn the situation around, as if Kirk is the bad guy.

Joey has admitted that he frequently sells cards on ebay and then back outs of the transaction. Even worse, he's also admitted that he wins auctions on ebay and doesn't pay. People are now aware of Joey's BS, and so now Joey creates new usernames every few weeks/months so that people don't know who he is.

Kirk proactively lets people know when he's identified Joey posing under a new alias on Ebay or on CU BST, so that people can avoid him. But you have the gall to insinuate that Kirk is somehow the bad guy here? That's not harassment, that is Kirk protecting his friends on CU from getting into a transaction with a known scam artist. People like Kirk are good for the hobby, not vice versa.

I realize Joey is likely not happy about the fact that Kirk frequently alerts people to Joey's new aliases. For example, when Joey came to CU under the alias YankeesFan74 and tried to sell his now infamous T206 Ty Cobb Red Portrait 3 weeks ago, it was Kirk that let several people there know that YankeesFan74 was really Joey. Good for Kirk.... because we all know that Joey just takes payment for the Cobb card, he never actually mails it to anyone after they've paid.

If I were Kirk, I wouldn't reply to this thread either. Everyone at CU already knows his character and appreciates what he does for the hobby. No need to answer to "call-outs" from people who change their name every few weeks.

Michael,

Joey did all those things. He's not denying that. So simply don't do business with him. But he never scammed anybody out of money as Kirk (and now you) has stated.

You're trying to make Kirk out as some crusader. He's not. Anybody that sends texts to another to harrass them is a cyber stalker. It's that simple and it's against the law.

Just one question for you? Why did Kirk do the same thing to Danny? What did Danny do to deserve it? Once again, that says a lot about Kirk's character.

vintagetoppsguy 05-26-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1136835)
No, he just borrows their money for a while pretending to sell them a card he either does or does not have.

Yup and that's wrong. Nobody has denied that. How long can you beat a dead horse? Isn't cyber stalking wrong too though?

Peter_Spaeth 05-26-2013 08:25 AM

If in fact Joey is "borrowing" money from people under the false pretenses of selling them a nonexistent card that is pretty close to scamming them in my book.

calvindog 05-26-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

+2

thehoodedcoder 05-26-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1136754)
No, I wasn't asking that you have to post your name in every post, technically, even though that might be what I said. The main thing is for anyone giving an opinion of someone or a company, or anyone getting into an argument etc.....to have the other party know who you are. I think it sucks when people make snide comments and give opinions of people or companies and those people or companies don't know who it is saying things about them. I knew this thread would be heated somewhat so that is why the rule was made for this thread. As I said before, I think everyone deserves a place to be able to fairly debate things. If any of our members don't like this then don't click on the thread. And this thread is here because I felt Joey deserved a place to air his issues with his accuser. The fact his accuser won't come here to debate and back up his stories, to me, means they might not be true accusations. So in that respect maybe Joey accomplished what he wanted to. On the other hand it seems Joey also has taken a lot of heat, most of it sounds like it is deserved. This thread will most likely be gone in a day or so and it's not the end of the world.

I did like the comment about him and Adrian doing a card deal...it could be a case of buyers AND sellers remorse. That was classic.

i totally understand, but your reply does not really address what i am saying.

my entire point is, it is far easier to police someones personal profile during sign up to make sure there name is there, which automatically goes on every post, rather than trying to police every discussion and every post on the entire sitem, and getting everyone to follow a rule which is based entirely on the circumstances of the thread...right?

not only that, the rule itself leaves room for interpretation about what should and should not be considered hot, heated, snide or whatever other words you want to call it when adding a name is required. you had to premptively step in and remind everyone of the rule, that ultimately shouldn't need to exist if you enforced it at sign up.

Buythatcard 05-26-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

+3

slidekellyslide 05-26-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1136852)
Yup and that's wrong. Nobody has denied that. How long can you beat a dead horse? Isn't cyber stalking wrong too though?

The horse hasn't been dead that long...this activity was taking place only a month ago. Don't come on our board complaining about cyber stalking and that your transgressions are all in the past and apologized for when the past is only a few weeks ago.

If Joey is going to take Kurt to court then just do it. His past makes him a huge target here, and when his past is only a month ago it's fair game to beat that "dead horse".

oldjudge 05-26-2013 08:43 AM

Kenny-I couldn't agree more. While in the short term this type of thread may increase the site's page views, it will lead to the departure of the very people who can add knowledge of vintage cards to this forum.

Leon 05-26-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder (Post 1136859)
i totally understand, but your reply does not really address what i am saying.

my entire point is, it is far easier to police someones personal profile during sign up to make sure there name is there, which automatically goes on every post, rather than trying to police every discussion and every post on the entire sitem, and getting everyone to follow a rule which is based entirely on the circumstances of the thread...right?

not only that, the rule itself leaves room for interpretation about what should and should not be considered hot, heated, snide or whatever other words you want to call it when adding a name is required. you had to premptively step in and remind everyone of the rule, that ultimately shouldn't need to exist if you enforced it at sign up.

A lot of people DON'T want their full name on a forum. That is the reason it isn't mandated at sign up. As long as they stick to just talking about cards, and general hobby topics, their names won't be required. I believe, right or wrong, that makes for a better and more active forum.

And as for the folks that don't like this thread, it is your prerogative to voice your opinion, just like everyone else. My tongue is bleeding from biting it so much though. :)

slidekellyslide 05-26-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

I don't believe that to be true...Popcorn threads do tend to get the most action when they pop up, but if you look at the front page how many of those types of threads are there? I see a whole lot of card threads there. Occasionally we get a poster that seems to dominate the discussion and lately we've had a few of them, but they'll burn out....they always do.

And don't forget every time you post to a thread you don't like you've bumped it to the top of the board. :)

vintagetoppsguy 05-26-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1136863)
The horse hasn't been dead that long...this activity was taking place only a month ago. Don't come on our board complaining about cyber stalking and that your transgressions are all in the past and apologized for when the past is only a few weeks ago.

If Joey is going to take Kurt to court then just do it. His past makes him a huge target here, and when his past is only a month ago it's fair game to beat that "dead horse".

Joey's activity is unethical. Nobody is denying that and I'm not making excuses for it. However, Keith's is criminal. There is a huge difference between the two.

slidekellyslide 05-26-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1136873)
Joey's activity is unethical. Nobody is denying that and I'm not making excuses for it. However, Keith's is criminal. There is a huge difference between the two.

I know nothing of Kirk Keith, but it's hard for me to have any sympathy for Joey Farino with all the unethical activity. I don't read the CU boards so I'm not involved in any of this and the only time I even recall Joey Farino's name was when he had his dust up with Dan McKee. Joey is the one who brought the CU drama onto Net54, he is my only concern here.

btkpath 05-26-2013 09:58 AM

I guess one of the issues here that I am having a hard time getting my head around is how Joey feels completely absolved of any wrong doing because he has returned all moneys to those who thought they were purchasing cards.

I would submit that a "sale" is premised on a buyer viewing more value (or importance, etc.) in a piece of merchandise than the "value" of the money it took to purchase the merchandise. By returning the money, a seller is, in fact returning to the buyer something that the buyer considers to be of lesser value.

To view the merchandise, and the money needed to purchase the merchandise, as equivalent, may be a reasonable solution to a seller, but could certainly make a buyer feel inadequately compensated and resentful.

Joey, I am sorry that you feel like you need to exonerate yourself and clear your name on this board due to interactions that you have had with Kirk (whoever that might be) in the past, but it seems to me that if you spent half the time "cleaning up" your side of the business that you DO have control of, you might not have as many issues down the road.

Just my $0.02.

sbfinley 05-26-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

I remember when I first came here people said the same thing when Marshall Barkman would go off. Now whenever a "where are they now" thread pops up people miss him. Everything evolves. I'll admit that Joey is truly in a lose-lose situation here. If he says nothing this mystical Kirk can continue bad mouthing him unabated, but in reality Joey has already tarnished his own reputation in many people's eyes so his case is falling on deaf ears. You reap what you sow.

slidekellyslide 05-26-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbfinley (Post 1136907)
I remember when I first came here people said the same thing when Marshall Barkman would go off. Now whenever a "where are they now" thread pops up people miss him. Everything evolves. I'll admit that Joey is truly in a lose-lose situation here. If he says nothing this mystical Kirk can continue bad mouthing him unabated, but in reality Joey has already tarnished his own reputation in many people's eyes so his case is falling on deaf ears. You reap what you sow.

People always seem to remember the "Good ol' days" as better than the present...it's like people who believe the US was idyllic in the 1950s. When I first got here many years ago memorabilia threads would make the board go nuts with fighting...the political threads were much more poisonous than anything this board has experienced...and who can forget the good old days of Bruce D wishing to read my obituary??

Jay Wolt 05-26-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btkpath (Post 1136904)
I guess one of the issues here that I am having a hard time getting my head around is how Joey feels completely absolved of any wrong doing because he has returned all moneys to those who thought they were purchasing cards.

Question I have...Did Joey return all the money each time...or was Paypal involved to help return the money?
There is a difference.

btcarfagno 05-26-2013 11:23 AM

I feel like a need a shower. And the last 30 minutes of my life back.

Tom C

Exhibitman 05-26-2013 11:56 AM

I like applesauce.

JoeyF1981 05-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Wolt (Post 1136915)
Question I have...Did Joey return all the money each time...or was Paypal involved to help return the money?
There is a difference.

I returned the money every time myself.

JoeyF1981 05-26-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbfinley (Post 1136907)

youre very right and I realize kirk does not have the balls to come on here and address these issues because he knows he has nothing to back these accusations up with. I know and accept that my reputation is tarnished with alot of people. Ive done alot of wrong and Ive also done alot of right. Ive sold tons of cards and had alot of successful transactions on ebay and with forum members

steve B 05-26-2013 12:13 PM

Did someone say they missed rock and politics?

NSFW. Really. And not for while the kids are around either. That should tell you if you'll be offended. If so, probably best to not watch.

But if it's rock and politics you want......Have at it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7rpVRnuAcQ

Steve Birmingham

CobbvLajoie1910 05-26-2013 12:21 PM

.......where have you gone Pet-er C, Net54 turns its lonely eyes to you. Woohoohooo.

iwantitiwinit 05-26-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btkpath (Post 1136904)

I would submit that a "sale" is premised on a buyer viewing more value (or importance, etc.) in a piece of merchandise than the "value" of the money it took to purchase the merchandise. By returning the money, a seller is, in fact returning to the buyer something that the buyer considers to be of lesser value.

To view the merchandise, and the money needed to purchase the merchandise, as equivalent, may be a reasonable solution to a seller, but could certainly make a buyer feel inadequately compensated and resentful.

Joey, I am sorry that you feel like you need to exonerate yourself and clear your name on this board due to interactions that you have had with Kirk (whoever that might be) in the past, but it seems to me that if you spent half the time "cleaning up" your side of the business that you DO have control of, you might not have as many issues down the road.

Just my $0.02.

Those are the words of an intelligent man, couldn't have said it better myself.

the-illini 05-26-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 1136867)
kenny-i couldn't agree more. While in the short term this type of thread may increase the site's page views, it will lead to the departure of the very people who can add knowledge of vintage cards to this forum.

+100

JoeyF1981 05-26-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1136863)

Just so you know Ive sold hundreds of cards and delivered every single one of those cards with the exception of the T206 Ty cobb psa 2. For some reason that was one card I kept changing my mind about. I had 100% feedback on ebay until I had a issue with the T206 cobb. Ive sold many cards to people on this forum and the psa forum. I have never taken anyones money or ripped anyone off. Was not honoring the deal for the Cobb wrong? Yes definitely. I take full blame for that. Did I lie to Dan Mckee 2 yrs ago to return the babe ruth card I bought from him? Yes. I have already spoken to Dan and we're square.

Leon 05-26-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhettyeakley (Post 1136490)
Is this Kirk Keith guy even a member of this board? I don't recall seeing his name either. Not sure why this needed to be done here (but I respect Leon's judgement as I doubt I am fully aware of the goings on here).

Eric, I have no problem with someone trying to clear their name but to start throwing stones at someone on a forum and having these types of skeletons in your past is a bit hypocritical. I hope Joey does turn over a new leaf and doesn't lie to collectors I call friends, but he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt until his future actions bear this out.

Yes, Kirk (hi Kirk) is a member here. He has posted 291 times. He has been registered on this board for over 4 yrs. He is most likely on the board now.

A few points I want to make. I don't have anything against Kirk except for him bringing someone to the last Net54 dinner that wasn't interested in the dinner or speakers and made a small commotion. That wasn't really Kirk's fault and he apologized for his guest. No big deal.

Also, I in no way condone what things Joey (hi Joey) has done. I don't think his trading practices are ones we need on our BST and for the foreseeable future he won't be on it. Backing out of all of those deals, the lies etc,...etc....not cool at all. Still, I don't personally dislike Joey. I think he needs to change his ways, big-time though.

And for those that don't like this thread being here....Here is a short message I just sent to another forum member via email that pretty well sums it up.

"The reason I let the thread go is that I think even a guilty guy should get to defend himself. The guy did a ton wrong but was accused of a ton more and couldn't defend himself...to me that is not cool at all. But some members don't like it and I understand that too.."

JoeyF1981 05-26-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1136978)
Yes, Kirk (hi Kirk) is a member here. He has posted 291 times. He has been registered on this board for over 4 yrs. He is most likely on the board now.

A few points I want to make. I don't have anything against Kirk except for him bringing someone to the last Net54 dinner that wasn't interested in the dinner or speakers and made a small commotion. That wasn't really Kirk's fault and he apologized for his guest. No big deal.

Also, I in no way condone what things Joey (hi Joey) has done. I don't think his trading practices are ones we need on our BST and for the foreseeable future he won't be on it. Backing out of all of those deals, the lies etc,...etc....not cool at all. Still, I don't personally dislike Joey. I think he needs to change his ways, big-time though.

And for those that don't like this thread being here....Here is a short message I just sent to another forum member via email that pretty well sums it up.

"The reason I let the thread go is that I think even a guilty guy should get to defend himself. The guy did a ton wrong but was accused of a ton more and couldn't defend himself...to me that is not cool at all. But some members don't like it and I understand that too.."

Hi Leon! I appreciate the chance to at least "try" and confront him, but it looks like he has no response. He's probably trying to come up with names of the 4-5 people I supposedly threatened. I know he's seen this thread. He text me yesterday and made a comment about it. He's quick to start threads about me on the psa boards, but when actually confronted to show proof he clams up and cant respond because he knows he's fabricated these specific stories.

Sean1125 05-26-2013 01:08 PM

Hi Joey, I am still waiting on the logs you told me you would provide me with last night.

JoeyF1981 05-26-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean1125 (Post 1136986)
Hi Joey, I am still waiting on the logs you told me you would provide me with last night.

Thats between me and you. Id appreciate you emailing me like we talked about

travrosty 05-26-2013 01:20 PM

i think if you back out of a deal like the cobb card that tells people everything they need to know about you. a deal's a deal! anyone does that to me, and that is it for them, on my permanent "do not deal with" list. i personally know of no friends of mine that have ever reneged on a deal like that just because they like something and changed their mind. it's ridiculous.

even when something is started out at auction at 1 dollar and goes for a very low amount, way lower than expected, both I and my friends still sell the item even if we know we could get more elsewhere. it's called integrity and honesty and honoring one's word. and if someone we knew didnt do that, we wouldn't remember his name the next day for sure, and wouldn't bother doing business with them ever again.

It's happened to me. some guy playing games didnt honor their word. both here in U.S. and abroad, and I don't have the time of day for them anymore. And if I read someone has done this in the past, I would avoid them no matter what they had for sale. Be a man and honor your commitments. It's party of the code of the hobby.

JoeyF1981 05-26-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 1136992)
i think if you back out of a deal like the cobb card that tells people everything they need to know about you. a deal's a deal! anyone does that to me, and that is it for them, on my permanent "do not deal with" list. i personally know of no friends of mine that have ever reneged on a deal like that just because they like something and changed their mind. it's ridiculous.

even when something is started out at auction at 1 dollar and goes for a very low amount, way lower than expected, both I and my friends still sell the item even if we know we could get more elsewhere. it's called integrity and honesty and honoring one's word. and if someone we knew didnt do that, we wouldn't remember his name the next day for sure, and wouldn't bother doing business with them ever again.

It's happened to me. some guy playing games didnt honor their word. both here in U.S. and abroad, and I don't have the time of day for them anymore. And if I read someone has done this in the past, I would avoid them no matter what they had for sale. Be a man and honor your commitments. It's party of the code of the hobby.

Its not murder dude!! Take it easy!

sbfinley 05-26-2013 01:31 PM

Would it help if everyone just mutually agreed that you are a bad below average seller, but likely never robbed a hobby shop?

Cardboard Junkie 05-26-2013 01:44 PM

Joey makes Adrian look like a 5 Star Model Member! :eek: Dave.

rhettyeakley 05-26-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 (Post 1136993)

You're right it's not murder but what you are doing is simply deflecting, what you have engaged in is more serious to people here than apparently it is to you and that speaks volumes. You say you are sorry but you don't really act like someone who is. I will not respond anymore to this thread as it isn't worth my time but I have little faith in your ability to act like an honorable person in this hobby. IMO you only get one chance to ruin your reputation, you have done this rather well and completely, once destroyed others get to decide whether you are worth trusting again. Saying things like "nobody died", "It' not murder dude!", "it's been like an hour since I screwed someone over" aren't the phrases used by someone serious about changing their way of acting. (obviously only one of those last quotes was yours but you get my point).

Publius 05-26-2013 01:50 PM

I'm too lazy to read 22 pages of shouting and accusations. Can. Someone please tell me who I'm supposed to be angry at?

iwantitiwinit 05-26-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 (Post 1136993)

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 1136992)

even when something is started out at auction at 1 dollar and goes for a very low amount, way lower than expected, both I and my friends still sell the item even if we know we could get more elsewhere. it's called integrity and honesty and honoring one's word. and if someone we knew didnt do that, we wouldn't remember his name the next day for sure, and wouldn't bother doing business with them ever .

. Couldn't agree more. You make a deal and a better offer/bid comes along too bad you honor what you agreed to. I don't know how anyone in good conscience can argue against that. Also, I'm not too thrilled with that murder comment, that cavalier attitude speaks for itself.

sbfinley 05-26-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Publius (Post 1137006)
I'm too lazy to read 22 pages of shouting and accusations. Can. Someone please tell me who I'm supposed to be angry at?

Joey is mad at Kirk for accusing him of cracking a comic book and listing it as a higher grade and possibly robbing a hobby shop. Joey wants these allegations to stop. Multiple members then spoke out about bad business deals with Joey that seemingly continue up to the present. Those bad dealings, however, are between Joey and those specified members and are none of our business. Joey is sorry he lied to back out of deals and did not commit bodily harm against anyone that we know of.

kmac32 05-26-2013 02:29 PM

Reminds me of a bad soap opera. We can call it "As the Stomach Turns" or "That Days of Joey Farino's lives". LOL

sam majors 05-26-2013 03:14 PM

A salute to the "Temptations"

"Suicide, too many bills, hippies moving to the hills, people all over the world are shouting end the war. And the band played on!" ;) SAM MAJORS ;)

Cardboard Junkie 05-26-2013 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"Trouble Coming Every Day" Zappa.

auggiedoggy 05-26-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

The government?

slidekellyslide 05-26-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

If you take the time to read the entire thread you might learn how to make this thread only 6 pages instead of 22. :D

Sean1125 05-26-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1137083)
If you take the time to read the entire thread you might learn how to make this thread only 6 pages instead of 22. :D

But it sounds better when I say I have to read 22 pages instead of 6 :D:D:D

Paul S 05-26-2013 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie (Post 1137069)
"Trouble Coming Every Day" Zappa.

David, I got that. Do you like the Roxy And Elsewhere version? I was actually at the Roxy for one of those evenings. I know I have the stub somewhere in the bottom of a box, stored at my ex's place. (It was HER fault).

Gradedcardman 05-26-2013 05:05 PM

15 minutes

In my opinion this jokers 15 minutes of fame are up !! I have officially banned this thread (now) and him from my list of things to read and people to deal with. I wish him luck in getting his head right and hope to not bump into a future alias. Boy did the CU site kill him !! Yikes !!

Cardboard Junkie 05-26-2013 05:07 PM

Yeah, love all Zappa, but the earlier the better. Saw the Mothers many times starting in 1966 at Motor City Roller Rink. Hit all the Grande Ballroom shows from 67 to 72ish. The best place was "The Chessmate", Howlin Wolf for 1.25 and there were about 10 people there. Unreal! Dave.:)

Paul S 05-26-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie (Post 1137100)
Yeah, love all Zappa, but the earlier the better. Saw the Mothers many times starting in 1966 at Motor City Roller Rink. Hit all the Grande Ballroom shows from 67 to 72ish. The best place was "The Chessmate", Howlin Wolf for 1.25 and there were about 10 people there. Unreal! Dave.:)

Was at Pauley Pavilion for Just Another Band From L.A. Magdalena rules!, as does Aynsley Dunbar.

NewEnglandBaseBallist 05-26-2013 06:18 PM

I've stepped in piles of stuff at the park that are more important and interesting than this whole thread.

Rich Klein 05-26-2013 07:30 PM

Remind me

never to tell Leon at lunch that the board has been unusally quiescent lately.

Rich

KCRfan1 05-26-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbfinley (Post 1137027)
Joey is mad at Kirk for accusing him of cracking a comic book and listing it as a higher grade and possibly robbing a hobby shop. Joey wants these allegations to stop. Multiple members then spoke out about bad business deals with Joey that seemingly continue up to the present. Those bad dealings, however, are between Joey and those specified members and are none of our business. Joey is sorry he lied to back out of deals and did not commit bodily harm against anyone that we know of.

Leon, can you remove everything else and just leave this condensed version. We needed you earlier sbfinley. Your version would have saved a lot of time for everyone.

JoeyF1981 05-26-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradedcardman (Post 1137099)
In my opinion this jokers 15 minutes of fame are up !! I have officially banned this thread (now) and him from my list of things to read and people to deal with. I wish him luck in getting his head right and hope to not bump into a future alias. Boy did the CU site kill him !! Yikes !!

I dont feel like I got killed on anything. I already was fully aware of the mistakes i made how some people feel about me. My life isnt based on this forum in the least bit. I still continue to sell and buy cards without any issues. The way any of you feel isnt affecting me because I dont know any of you. Ive apologized to those I did wrong. The rest of you can say whatever you want. I didnt come on here to make friends. I came on here to confront someone.

JoeyF1981 05-26-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhettyeakley (Post 1137003)
You're right it's not murder but what you are doing is simply deflecting, what you have engaged in is more serious to people here than apparently it is to you and that speaks volumes. You say you are sorry but you don't really act like someone who is. I will not respond anymore to this thread as it isn't worth my time but I have little faith in your ability to act like an honorable person in this hobby. IMO you only get one chance to ruin your reputation, you have done this rather well and completely, once destroyed others get to decide whether you are worth trusting again. Saying things like "nobody died", "It' not murder dude!", "it's been like an hour since I screwed someone over" aren't the phrases used by someone serious about changing their way of acting. (obviously only one of those last quotes was yours but you get my point).

So are you really gonna sit here and act like no one on here has made mistakes or done things theyre not proud of? it takes a man to admit and learn from your mistakes. I made mistakes that involve baseball cards. I guarantee im not the only one whos done wrong. I have learned from this and will move on.

frankbmd 05-26-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 (Post 1137208)
,,,, I didnt come on here to make friends.....

Mission Accomplished

JoeyF1981 05-26-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1137212)
Mission Accomplished

thanks bud

rainier2004 05-26-2013 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Craig M 05-26-2013 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Sean1125 05-26-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig M (Post 1137272)

Big brother is watching.

CW 05-26-2013 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:cool:

Craig M 05-26-2013 11:21 PM

:) nice Chuck, I think we've got too much time on our hands!

CW 05-27-2013 12:57 AM

Yes, for tonight, but we're focusing on the cards. ;)

(and thanks)

auggiedoggy 05-27-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig M (Post 1137272)

Casey? :confused:

auggiedoggy 05-27-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW (Post 1137291)
:cool:

Speaker? :confused:

Leon 05-27-2013 07:09 AM

So the fair shake was given. I don't believe Joey ( Hi Joey) did the things that the certain person accused him of. I do believe Joey made a ton of mistakes but I still haven't heard anyone say he ripped them off. One could look at what he did as ripping people off but technically it's not. Still not cool and what is done is done. Everyone knows my thoughts. I want to get back to pre-WWII vintage cards so this is being locked. Happy collecting!!