Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another chance at Lections (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245095)

Leon 09-19-2017 10:19 AM

Another chance at Lections

This isn't the first time I have seen a rare item come out.....and come out again..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Estate-Found...4AAOSwrP9ZwSnK

CW 09-19-2017 10:29 AM

Wow, that is a complete bullshit move by the seller. Any idea why they backed out of the first sale? Do they think they can get more? I guess they possibly can now that all this attention is being given to the lot.

(for those who may not have seen this thread)

€hû¢k Wölƒ

edit: not the same lot as pointed out below. My mistake -- no BS from the seller here.

ullmandds 09-19-2017 10:30 AM

is that a different "Set?"

ullmandds 09-19-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW (Post 1702453)
Wow, that is a complete bullshit move by the seller. They should have done their due diligence on the auction title the first time.

€hû¢k Wölƒ

the ruth card is definitely not the same?

Leon 09-19-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW (Post 1702453)
Wow, that is a complete bullshit move by the seller. Any idea why they backed out of the first sale? Do they think they can get more? I guess they possibly can now that all this attention is being given to the lot.

€hû¢k Wölƒ

Different set...

edjs 09-19-2017 10:44 AM

This one is not a set. There are 3 Chance's and 2 Shawkey's, and 2 Ehmke's.

prewarsports 09-19-2017 10:50 AM

Wow, I know they are rare but those might be the worst condition baseball cards I have ever seen! I am sure there are people out there who will want these bad, but personally I would rather have a hole in my collection than that many holes in a card!

ullmandds 09-19-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prewarsports (Post 1702463)
Wow, I know they are rare but those might be the worst condition baseball cards I have ever seen! I am sure there are people out there who will want these bad, but personally I would rather have a hole in my collection than that many holes in a card!

agreed...no thanks on the lections...even without holes I've never been a fan!!!!

CW 09-19-2017 11:25 AM

Wow, I would've never expected another complete set! (or group, in this case)

Previous negative comment about the seller retracted. My bad.

brianp-beme 09-19-2017 11:40 AM

Man those are rough even for my standards...and I am practically a collector with no standards.

The overall area on the cards consumed by holes is almost greater than the remaining cardboard...which of course is good for card flexibility, or for their use as a sieve.

Brian

nolemmings 09-19-2017 11:54 AM

I've many times wondered why those cards were hole-punched like that. This is far from the first grouping to have these holes, so it is not just one little kid back in the day run amok. Maybe they were good for a free ride at the fair, maybe they were redeemable if the kid collected signatures or did some other service? Neither of these is a very satisfactory explanation, but there should be one somewhere.

It also escapes me as to why these would have survived in such rough shape. It's one thing to put cards in your bike spokes or carry them around until they were worn and creased, but this just seems like overkill by someone who couldn't possibly see these as a collectible, right? I mean, why save something you seemingly have gone out of your way to nearly completely deface (in some cases literally)?

brianp-beme 09-19-2017 11:56 AM

I find it interesting that the hole punches are different shapes and sizes too, as if punched by some crazed kid on Christmas morning with a multi-hole hole puncher that was under the tree.

Brian

Brian Van Horn 09-19-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 1702489)
I find it interesting that the hole punches are different shapes and sizes too, as if punched by some crazed kid on Christmas morning with a multi-hole hole puncher that was under the tree.

Brian

Wonder if the kid got carpal tunnel.

Snapolit1 09-19-2017 12:36 PM

Starting to wonder how many of these continue to surface in Upstate New York at the same auction house.

Wow, condition on these is pretty god awful. Looks like a dog got at them.

barrysloate 09-19-2017 12:38 PM

I think termites got to them.

brianp-beme 09-19-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn (Post 1702497)
Wonder if the kid got carpal tunnel.

No his wrist just went dead for a while...carpal tunnel hadn't yet been invented.

Brian

Leon 10-08-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1702451)
This isn't the first time I have seen a rare item come out.....and come out again..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Estate-Found...4AAOSwrP9ZwSnK

From a short while back....these at 120 a piece might not have been a bad deal. :eek:

Snapolit1 10-08-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1708605)
From a short while back....these at 120 a piece might not have been a bad deal. :eek:

Pretty non descripti cards, half of which look like a German Shepherd puppy had at them. Pass.