Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1948 Leaf Satchel Paige - blank back - on eBay.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253183)

npa589 04-14-2018 03:43 PM

Back and entombed!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RAREST-Satc...4AAOSwJTta0TJm

Sean 04-14-2018 03:45 PM

I wish that the seller would run an auction with a reasonable opening bid. I would love to see what it would sell for.

Baseballcrazy62 04-14-2018 04:11 PM

For what it’s worth I was at the SGC table when that card walked in yesterday at the Cleveland show. The card looked to be in great shape other than it being off center. I know he paid a hefty submission fee to get the same day service. From what I could tell the graders had no issues with the card; hence, they put it in a slab. My two cents.

ajjohnsonsoxfan 04-14-2018 05:14 PM

this card needs to go to a reputable auction house. based on posts here though don't know if the blank back is a big premium or one at all.

ullmandds 04-14-2018 05:16 PM

agree with all...def should go to auction. super desirable card more so because of the back...def encourages a premium imo.

swarmee 04-14-2018 06:52 PM

I will disagree and say that because it won't move over to PSA with a number grade, it will remain worth less than a card in the same condition with the back text present.

Scocs 04-14-2018 06:59 PM

Why did it come back as “Authentic” and not with a numerical grade?

swarmee 04-14-2018 07:02 PM

Because it is a blank backed card.

Paul S 04-15-2018 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1767456)
Because it is a blank backed card.

Yes, it is scrap that got away.

BTW, here is a cut-n-paste from the current description section. Doesn't exactly instill 60K of confidence:confused::

Satchel Paige 1948-49 BOWMAN ROOKIE is a hard card to get in any condition.

Edit: Just checked again (4 hours later). It's been corrected.

steve_a 04-15-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meenman (Post 1765829)
All the winning bidders have paid for their cards and they have been shipped.
At first my cards weren't getting enough money because they weren't graded. Now they are selling for to much. Don't bid on my auctions, they are doing just fine without you
Just don't slander me.The bottom line is that they are good cards and some people want them and have paid for them. Supply and demand.

Almost all the winning bidders... I won an auction for a blank back Leaf Henrich for around $260, paid immediately. The transaction was cancelled and the card relisted BIN at 3K. Not exactly sure what is up with this guy but thought the data point should be out there. Something off here. Sweet Paige tho-

chalupacollects 04-15-2018 06:16 PM

Funny the bidder a**u with the 3402 feed back has won a number of auctions from last batch of cards listed from this seller and is winning and has bid on most of the cards listed now - except for Satchel Paige card...

However, with all those wins his/her feedback hasn't increased.

Doesn't that seem strange???

egbeachley 04-15-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 1767780)
Funny the bidder a**u with the 3402 feed back has won a number of auctions from last batch of cards listed from this seller and is winning and has bid on most of the cards listed now - except for Satchel Paige card...

However, with all those wins his/her feedback hasn't increased.

Doesn't that seem strange???

Stranger is that despite *3402* being a great customer, either winning or bidding up many of his cards, the seller didn't give him the courtesy of leaving feedback.

bobbyw8469 04-15-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve_a (Post 1767736)
Almost all the winning bidders... I won an auction for a blank back Leaf Henrich for around $260, paid immediately. The transaction was cancelled and the card relisted BIN at 3K. Not exactly sure what is up with this guy but thought the data point should be out there. Something off here. Sweet Paige tho-

Cancelling auctions...shilling up their auctions....nothing new to see here.....business as usual.

murphy8276 04-16-2018 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve_a (Post 1767736)

Anxiously awaiting Meeman's reply...

Meenman 04-16-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy8276 (Post 1767867)

I originally contacted this board to talk about the Paige blank back. I will not sit here and defend how I run my auctions or that I shill bid, list raw, send cards to reputable auction houses, cancell auctions, block bidders, trim cards, lie about the story of the cards, making mistakes in my auction descriptions, ect. ect. Mostly negative. I never asked anyone on this site or anywhere to bid on my auctions. They are what they are. Like my Grandfather told me my whole life "Don't worry about DUMB SH*T". Im very busy listing and delivering these cards to the right winning bidders. It takes time and concentration to get it all correct and I don't always get it right. Thanks to all who are bidding on my cards and have given me words of encouragement and valuable information. But I'm done.

T205 GB 04-16-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy8276 (Post 1767867)

WHY? It will be the same excuses they made before in the thread when all this was bought to attention.

If the Paige is in fact a hand cut card then it deserves nothing more than an A. SGC will also grade a blank back numerically if it was issued that way from the factory! Seller states that the card was cut from a sheet that was saved. By this admission there is know way an old lady who knows nothing about her late husbands cards could have passed this knowledge to the seller. Also where are the rest of the cards from the sheet? Nothing is making sense now that more of the story is coming out.

EDIT: I see now that the description has been updated again. Way to many changes to story. Good luck to the seller on the sale of this impeccable card!

ullmandds 04-16-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meenman (Post 1767895)
I originally contacted this board to talk about the Paige blank back. I will not sit here and defend how I run my auctions or that I shill bid, list raw, send cards to reputable auction houses, cancell auctions, block bidders, trim cards, lie about the story of the cards, making mistakes in my auction descriptions, ect. ect. Mostly negative. I never asked anyone on this site or anywhere to bid on my auctions. They are what they are. Like my Grandfather told me my whole life "Don't worry about DUMB SH*T". Im very busy listing and delivering these cards to the right winning bidders. It takes time and concentration to get it all correct and I don't always get it right. Thanks to all who are bidding on my cards and have given me words of encouragement and valuable information. But I'm done.

Seriously???? Quack...quack!

Leon 04-16-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Why did you cancel Bobby's winning bid? How is that ethical?

jhs5120 04-16-2018 08:29 AM

On a side note, the 1951 Bowman Mantle card I purchased graded a PSA 5 MC. He probably should have gotten it graded before selling.

T205 GB 04-16-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

I will not sit here and defend how I run my auctions or that I shill bid, list raw, send cards to reputable auction houses, cancell auctions, block bidders, trim cards, lie about the story of the cards, making mistakes in my auction descriptions, ect. ect.

Steve_A says different and so does your shady ass bid history and constant changing of stories. You came here wanting help and are now butt hurt that you got caught! You are the only one with a shovel here so don't blame us for the hole you dug.

bobbyw8469 04-16-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1767902)
Why did you cancel Bobby's winning bid? How is that ethical?

It wasn't mine Leon. It was Steve A's. He won it for $294, then the auction got cancelled, the payment refunded, and the card relisted for $3,000. Very unethical if you ask me.

Leon 04-16-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1767908)
It wasn't mine Leon. It was Steve A's. He won it for $294, then the auction got cancelled, the payment refunded, and the card relisted for $3,000. Very unethical if you ask me.

Long thread. Sorry I had the incorrect victim.

T205 GB 04-16-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1767914)
Long thread. Sorry I had the incorrect victim.

It's ok Leon. We understand it happens with age:D

npa589 04-16-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Like my Grandfather told me my whole life "Don't worry about DUMB SH*T"

When the Grandfather makes an appearance as a final rebuttal, the verdict is all too predictable.

Picture this:

Meenman: "Grandpa, I love you."
Grandfather: "Don't worry about dumb sh*t."

ezez420 05-01-2018 03:59 PM

Actually it is this guy that is using multiple accounts. Puts his phone number in listing then gives stories how everyone in the world is contacting him.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/truckeemeadows

He pretends he does not know anything in some listings then he wins items in auctions and resells. The Ruth postcard was won in LOTG. Cigar box my ass.

ezez420 05-01-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meenman (Post 1765829)
All the winning bidders have paid for their cards and they have been shipped.
At first my cards weren't getting enough money because they weren't graded. Now they are selling for to much. Don't bid on my auctions, they are doing just fine without you
Just don't slander me.The bottom line is that they are good cards and some people want them and have paid for them. Supply and demand.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AWESOME-CIG...kAAOSwRQla5oWj

Exhibitman 05-01-2018 04:28 PM

Absolutely beautiful vg-ex 1959 Mantle for sale...

bobbyw8469 05-02-2018 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1772246)
Absolutely beautiful vg-ex 1959 Mantle for sale...

Agreed...that bottom left corners and those two rips or whatever they are on the right side border would make me not too happy that I spent 4 figures on that card.

ezez420 05-02-2018 06:09 AM

Yeah also read the write up in that 1959 Mantle....it references the blank back 1948 Paige. Multiple stories...multiple id’s.

savedfrommyspokes 05-02-2018 07:30 AM

The truckeemeadows ID shows the items are in Reno, NV, while the main ID shows the items are located in OH

steve B 05-02-2018 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1772352)
Agreed...that bottom left corners and those two rips or whatever they are on the right side border would make me not too happy that I spent 4 figures on that card.

Not to mention the trimming.

ezez420 05-02-2018 10:34 AM

Both have a Blank Back Paige that just surfaces. Call truckee for yourself and listen to his bullsht story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meenman 05-02-2018 12:03 PM

"Both have a Blank Back Paige that just surfaces. Call truckee for yourself and listen to his bullsht story"
There you go with the DUMB SHIT again. I don't know who this guy is and don't give a damn. TAKE YOUR MEDS.

ezez420 05-02-2018 12:17 PM

1948 Leaf Satchel Paige - blank back - on eBay....

Oh yeah? You just both have blank back Leaf Paige cards that surface at same time in a box.

Why don’t you call him Meenman and maybe you can share stories. Last I checked guy was still alive.

Good luck!

QUOTE=Meenman;1772462]"Both have a Blank Back Paige that just surfaces. Call truckee for yourself and listen to his bullsht story"

There you go with the DUMB SHIT again. I don't know who this guy is and don't give a damn. TAKE YOUR MEDS.[/QUOTE]

Meenman 05-02-2018 12:38 PM

So let me guess. You think Bigfoot, the Lochnest monster and the Grays are real. Oh and you think the earth is flat too🤣. Like my Grandfather always said. " I can make a person exactly like you. But it would take the good Lord to breath the breath of life into you". And he didn't use the word person. I'm being nice.

ezez420 05-02-2018 12:53 PM

You sound just like Daniel aka Battlefield. By any chance are you related to Forrest Gump. Can you share some more Grandpa quotes. I think they are funny. Kind of breaks up day listening to an idiot.

QUOTE=Meenman;1772476]So let me guess. You think Bigfoot, the Lochnest monster and the Grays are real. Oh and you think the earth is flat too🤣. Like my Grandfather always said. " I can make a person exactly like you. But it would take the good Lord to breath the breath of life into you". And he didn't use the word person. I'm being nice.[/QUOTE]

Sean 05-02-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meenman (Post 1772476)
So let me guess. You think Bigfoot, the Lochnest monster and the Grays are real. Oh and you think the earth is flat too🤣. Like my Grandfather always said. " I can make a person exactly like you. But it would take the good Lord to breath the breath of life into you". And he didn't use the word person. I'm being nice.

What are the Grays? Alien life forms, or some other hoax that I haven't heard of until now?

Stampsfan 05-02-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1772484)
What are the Grays? Alien life forms, or some other hoax that I haven't heard of until now?

I was also wondering what the "Lochnest monster" is.

FourStrikes 05-02-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meenman (Post 1772476)

Bigfoot IS "real"! (at least when viewed in the context that a real/live human wearing really BIGFOOTed fake-footprint shoes likely left the prints), and the fact that the flat-earth believers will certainly attest that the earth only has "flat" parts depending on ones immediate geographical ("as seen from HERE" perspective for those that never traveled outside the plains) is as well, that the "GRAYS" may simply be a silver-haired species I/we are familiar with, assuming the conspiratorial Area 54 exists, (not-to-be-confused with the Net54 species), I'm definitely positive the "LOCHNEST" monster DOES NOT EXIST and is 100% fake, as this never-before-spoken-of legendary creature/monster isn't even out there in mainstream folklore...

:) have a nice day!

Sean 05-02-2018 02:10 PM

Hey Fourstrikes / Threadkiller, why do you get to have two nicknames? Or is Threadkiller your last name,and not a description? Just wondering...:)

murphy8276 05-02-2018 02:50 PM

Now we know why he came here to "defend" the first time. He doesn't want Battlefield's Grandmother's name dragged through the mud just because BF's parents and sons were ___fill in blanks__. LOL

Meenman 05-02-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezez420 (Post 1772482)
You sound just like Daniel aka Battlefield. By any chance are you related to Forrest Gump. Can you share some more Grandpa quotes. I think they are funny. Kind of breaks up day listening to an idiot.

QUOTE=Meenman;1772476]So let me guess. You think Bigfoot, the Lochnest monster and the Grays are real. Oh and you think the earth is flat too🤣. Like my Grandfather always said. " I can make a person exactly like you. But it would take the good Lord to breath the breath of life into you". And he didn't use the word person. I'm being nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Meenman 05-02-2018 05:18 PM

Like my Gramps always said
Stupid is as stupid does😂

LACardsGuy 01-15-2019 06:18 PM

Just stumbled on this thread

Was googling truckeemeadows and landed here. I have no idea who meenman is, but do know the person who is truckeemeadows on ebay for several years, have done a lot of business with him, and can say with certainty that these are not same people. Truckee is an older guy in Reno, more or less never auctions anything (his MO is to list buy it nows at very high prices or best offer), and can vouche that he is a straight up honest guy. Both his father and older brother, both deceased, had extensive collections, and he has been slowly selling them off as individual cards or lots. He also has a lot of memorabilia. I know there was some Sherlock Holmes stuff going on here, but you really should leave him out of it.

babygirlscott11 07-20-2019 12:30 AM

Truckeemeadows is a crook .. ! And for you meanman , you are linda mclean , AkA his wife and you truckeemeadows .robert rodiguez .. Reno nevada .. Dont trust this person .. Hes a scandelious human .piece of crap .cold as ice !!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-20-2019 05:15 AM

Yeah, without a name or an explanation this post and new member is doomed.

DJCollector1 07-20-2019 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1900619)
Yeah, without a name or an explanation this post and new member is doomed.

And check out the join date, Jan. 2018

Waited a year and a half to post. Odd. :confused:

Leon 07-20-2019 05:40 AM

Everyone in this thread needs their name by their post or it will be put there for you this evening. Thanks

here2havefun 09-04-2021 12:31 PM

I'm in the market for a Leaf Paige, I was very intrigued by the blank back on ebay, and stumbled upon this thread.....wow lot of stuff going on here.

Is there a consensus on whether the blank backs were typically found in packs? Or are they most likely to have been cut from a sheet?

G1911 09-04-2021 07:13 PM

Personally, I think this card is ugly and ridiculously overpriced. But, considering a PSA 5 appears to be worth about $30,000 these days, a sharp looking blank back at this price seems like a decent buy to me. Blank backs, even in Leafs, are a tiny, tiny minority of cards, it’s a legitimately rare version of a very in demand and hyped up card. I’d pick the blank back over a PSA 5.

But then again, no one has bought it yet, I don’t play in this realm of the hobby (if I bought a $30K card, it wouldn't be just about the cardboard anymore, it would have to be a bit about $$$ too, and I wouldn’t enjoy it), and scarcity isn’t worth anything in and of itself.