Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Trevor Bauer (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=348483)

1952boyntoncollector 04-17-2024 12:32 AM

Trevor Bauer

Latest accuser is being arrested for fraud.

how cant he get a MLB job by now......

Pirates will go to world series this year without him but heck they should add him this year at MLB minimum with incentives.. they would have an Elite top 3 SP by end of year when their minor league stud gets called up.

Snapolit1 04-17-2024 10:44 AM

Be great if she was the only person who accused him of assault.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...e-accusations/

Carter08 04-17-2024 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2427376)
Be great if she was the only person who accused him of assault.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...e-accusations/

Yup, and he has a host of baseball-related antics to overcome too. He was a hothead and trolled the commissioner. Could easily see all teams taking a forever pass.

todeen 04-17-2024 04:41 PM

My stance has always been that he does not fit the leagues narrative of a sport that is hospitable to women. They have been celebrating their female GM (Ng), and the female coaches (Balkovec and Nakken). Trevor Bauer, even though he may not be found guilty in the eye of courts, is certainly guilty in the eye of the public of being a misogynist. With MLB trying to increase their viewership among women, Bauer is a story they do not want to hang around.

MLB's narrative will also keep others out of the league as long as possible: Wander Franco and Julip Urias, and others in the future. I'm sure if the commissioner could have his way, he'd be rid of Aroldis Chapman, Brandon Taubman, and others.

I find this interesting because Commish obviously doesn't care as much about cheating. Imagine if the Astros story broke today that they cheated in the WS. With the millions of dollars that MLB gets from gambling, that would be bad bad bad.

G1911 04-17-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2427457)
They have been celebrating their female GM (Ng), and the female coaches (Balkovec and Nakken). Trevor Bauer, even though he may not be found guilty in the eye of courts, is certainly guilty in the eye of the public of being a misogynist. With MLB trying to increase their viewership among women, Bauer is a story they do not want to hang around.

What a great point. Many people believed the lie, therefore Bauer should be treated as if he did it even though he demonstrably did not do it.

The amount of people who just want bad things to happen to anyone they identify as not being in their tribe, regardless of facts, logic, fairness or common sense is insanely high.

Deertick 04-20-2024 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 2427469)
What a great point. Many people believed the lie, therefore Bauer should be treated as if he did it even though he demonstrably did not do it.

The amount of people who just want bad things to happen to anyone they identify as not being in their tribe, regardless of facts, logic, fairness or common sense is insanely high.

I agree that it using that claim against him is certainly not fair, even distasteful. But there many rumblings that his TEAMMATES intensely dislike him for different reasons and issues. I believe he has acknowledged some of it in his podcasts. There will be a team that takes a chance and gives him the opportunity to rehab his actions/demeanor. I just think he will have a very short leash.

As an aside, I always liked Pete Rose, and for a while, sided with him on his case for reinstatement. Until I saw him speak in a small gathering, and I met with him for a short chat. A completely repugnant human being. And that was before some other info surfaced.

Snapolit1 04-21-2024 02:24 PM

The fact that no team is wiling to take a shot on a lights out amazing pitcher, while guys who have repeatedly hit women get second, third, and fourth chances, suggests to me that MLB's investigation turned up a lot of horrific stuff regarding this guy's conduct towards multiple individuals. Not exactly breaking news, but a lot of people who are sodomized when they are unconscious are not in a huge rush to publicly come forward.

G1911 04-21-2024 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2428355)
The fact that no team is wiling to take a shot on a lights out amazing pitcher, while guys who have repeatedly hit women get second, third, and fourth chances, suggests to me that MLB's investigation turned up a lot of horrific stuff regarding this guy's conduct towards multiple individuals. Not exactly breaking news, but a lot of people who are sodomized when they are unconscious are not in a huge rush to publicly come forward.

They did come publicly forward. MLB blacklisted Bauer. And then it turned out it was a lie. Not only was there no evidence of any wrongdoing for the initial accusation, her own phone proved that it was 100% an absolute lie with the photos and "secure the bag" texts about her extortion scheme. No evidence for any of the follow-up accusations appears to exist. Now, one of the follow up accusers who accused him of raping and impregnating her and demanded $1,600,000 for her phony accusation, has been indicted for fraud and extortion for her lies.

There is not a shred of evidence he is guilty and a mountain of evidence of fake claims and complete lies.

Whether a person is guilty or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether a group of people like them. It is sheer stupidity to just blindly believe anything an agenda says without any regard for demonstrable facts. It is quite a conspiracy to suggest MLB has evidence that Bauer is in fact guilty of rapes that they clearly have not given to the authorities. An accusation should be measured by an evidentiary basis, and not whatever conclusion is most helpful to the narrative one likes.