Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Heritage Single cards last night (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=143645)

Runscott 11-11-2011 11:51 AM

Heritage Single cards last night

We've had the 'big' Wagner posted. Anyone else win any of these?

We used to have some pretty lively auction discussions the day after - is Heritage not considered pretty big?

YankeeCollector 11-11-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 938784)
We've had the 'big' Wagner posted. Anyone else win any of these?

We used to have some pretty lively auction discussions the day after - is Heritage not considered pretty big?

I think Heritage is too big (see their auction catalog) where some good deals can fall through the cracks. Plus, I like that each individual lot closes if there are no bids within 30 minutes. I am not a fan of their website though.

iggyman 11-11-2011 12:41 PM

Oh it's big alright! Their catalog is now the number one reason for mailman workers comp. The lively discussions have been curtail somewhat by the sheer number of major auctions running at any one moment. Legendary is up next, or is it Mears or Huggins/Scott and did anybody score with Kevin Savage(?)...........just like the old fashion baseball card shows, I miss those "lively discussions" days. But to get back to my original premise, I suppose that the number of auctions running on a given week is a sign of vitality.

Lovely Day...

Runscott 11-11-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeCollector (Post 938788)
I think Heritage is too big (see their auction catalog) where some good deals can fall through the cracks. Plus, I like that each individual lot closes if there are no bids within 30 minutes. I am not a fan of their website though.

Yeah, I won a few lots that surprised me. On the other hand, lost a single that could be had cheaper on ebay.

It was weird that no one put in marker bids just before 10:00, or bid during the extended bidding - it was almost boring :)

It's nice to wake up broke.

vintagecpa 11-11-2011 01:08 PM

I was really watching one card that went for maybe a tad lower than I thought it would. I just decided at the last minute to not pull the trigger. There is always another card and another auction.

tiger8mush 11-11-2011 02:11 PM

The one lot I had interest in, the lot of 64 M101-2s, went for more than I could afford. $5k after BP. Sure, it had a mid-grade Cobb (main reason I wanted it) and low-grade Joe Jackson, but I thought it'd go for around $3k

:(

margoaepi 11-11-2011 02:18 PM

I ended up winning the T-202 Cobb/Jennings in PSA4. Threw in a late night bid and was a little shocked that I won it. I felt like there were a lot of deals to be had last night and more so today. Way too many auction houses running at the same time. That said, I'm happy they can't work out their calendars because it means better prices for the rest of us.

Runscott 11-11-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger8mush (Post 938813)
The one lot I had interest in, the lot of 64 M101-2s, went for more than I could afford. $5k after BP. Sure, it had a mid-grade Cobb (main reason I wanted it) and low-grade Joe Jackson, but I thought it'd go for around $3k

:(

Really? I thought that lot went about $1.5K light. I wanted the Wagner/Cobb one - I always loved that image.

sycks22 11-11-2011 02:41 PM

It's tough knowing where to throw the money these days. Goodwin / Heritage last night and next week Legendary is finishing up with some great lots in there. If only Mile high didn't take forever to ship I'd have more dough for the upcoming auction.

itjclarke 11-11-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by margoaepi (Post 938816)
I ended up winning the T-202 Cobb/Jennings in PSA4.

I ended up with the PSA-5 Cobb/Jennings. It was a tough call between the 4 and the 5.. that's REALLY nice 4! congrats!.. but with about 1 min to go I decided to go after the 5. Happy with it, it went for good deal less than last comparable on eBay. Someone got a great deal on that PSA-5 Cobb/Moriarty.

Hankphenom 11-11-2011 03:55 PM

I picked up the framed S110 silk premium (#80062) that was, strangely, listed in the single card category. Bit of a beater, but with Johnson, Matty, Cobb, etc., I'll be happy to put it on the wall for just over a grand.

margoaepi 11-11-2011 05:28 PM

Thanks for choosing the PSA5 Ian!

itjclarke 11-11-2011 05:33 PM

Likewise, thanks for not bidding mine higher! Looks like 2 happy buyers. Btw- do you know what made your's a 4?? I saw faint traces of what could be wrinkles, but that's a really sharp card.

Runscott 11-11-2011 05:52 PM

This sold for almost $6K with buyer's premium - same photo used in the 1907 team postcard someone posted recently:

http://images.ha.com/lf?source=url%5...vemd%5btrue%5d

margoaepi 11-11-2011 09:17 PM

Ian, I have no idea.

Scott, that photo is awesome, and would have gone nice with my Jennings and early tigers collection, but the budget for this year is running a little thin.

Runscott 11-12-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by margoaepi (Post 938912)
Ian, I have no idea.

Scott, that photo is awesome, and would have gone nice with my Jennings and early tigers collection, but the budget for this year is running a little thin.

I wanted it, but dropped a lot of bucks on cards last night and had nothing left for the high-$ photos. The 1910 Pittsburgh team photo was also pretty awesome, and went for under $2K. Wagner was fuzzy, but it was still a nice cabinet - great deal in my opinion.

Reading the Goodwin thread, maybe I should have participated. I totally avoided it so as not to confuse myself while bidding on Heritage lots. Old age has hurt my multi-tasking abilities.

Looks like most board members stuck to Goodwin instead.

benchod 11-12-2011 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That Detroit Tigers piece looks like it was a Fisher-Kline cabinet with the photo mounted on a a blank piece of cardboard. If that is the case I think 6k plus the juice is way high.