Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help with a dealer needed (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=62575)

Archive 10-31-2002 06:21 PM

Help with a dealer needed

Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p>Hi,<BR>Has anybody dealt with Frank Ward of FKW Century Old Cards? I emailed him a couple of times because I am interested in a couple of cards that he has for sale. He has yet to get back to me (it has only been a couple of days). I am only impatient because I lose out so often on 19th century material I am afraid he will sell them. Does he usually respond quickly?

Archive 10-31-2002 06:29 PM

Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><BR> Hi, <BR> Frank K Ward is a first class dealer. He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and sincere. He will respond to your emails. later brian

Archive 10-31-2002 06:33 PM

Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p>Thanks Brian.

Archive 10-31-2002 06:45 PM

Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Frank is top of the line! He is grade A! Deal with ease, Frank is one of the best! Dan.

Archive 10-31-2002 08:50 PM

Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p>and if he does not get back to you soon in box me for his phone number.he lives in my California neck of the woods!

Archive 11-01-2002 08:02 AM

Posted By: <b>Jim/jverri01</b><p><BR>Frank Ward is an A+ guy and an A+ dealer. If he hasn't responded - there is a reason. Give him time - you won't regret it.<BR><BR>James Verrill<BR>www.MASStercards.com

Archive 11-01-2002 08:16 AM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>great stuff, great prices, smooth transactions. Extremely knowedgeable guy who doesn't mind sharing info.<br><br>

Archive 11-07-2002 08:18 PM

Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p>Thanks everybody for the posts. Frank got back to me (as soon as he was able to) and I ordered a Tobin Lithograph card of Tim Keefe from him. I was very happy with his responses, description of the card and scan. I am really excited about receiving this card as it is my first 19th century card.

Archive 11-07-2002 09:23 PM

Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>Very significant" Where'll you have it?" because after that year, a batter could no longer ask for a "High one," or a "low one."

Archive 11-07-2002 09:38 PM

Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>a bit rough, but I guess that's O.K. If you want a nice one, check out Verkman's catalogue.

Archive 11-08-2002 05:24 AM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>If you see an item on his site that interests you, I wouldn't get too excited - last time I looked (not that I do it often), a card I picked up close to a year ago from someone else was still advertised on his site, with a price tag.<br><br>

Archive 11-08-2002 12:03 PM

Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p>Julie: Did you buy the Anson he graded as NREX? I thought that card looked pretty good on the scan. Thanks for the tip on Verkman's Anson. I have only dealt with him once and it went okay but I do hear plenty of negative comments about him. Who is Terry Knouse and does he sell a lot of 19th century material?<BR>I was thinking of getting the Buchner card of Brouthers from Frank plus a card of Keeler but I will probably wait until I get the Keefe first.

Archive 11-08-2002 05:16 PM

Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>Terry Knouse is the only full time seller of 19th century cards in America. His prices are usually high--he also buys high. He is computer illiterate, advertises regularly in VCBC, goes to the big shows and the good small ones, and his address is:<BR><BR> Terry Knouse<BR> River Street<BR> Wapwallopen, PA, 18660<BR><BR>Oh, if you ever run into him at a show, and see something on his table you want, that you think you could pay for over the period of a year,--that's fine with him.