Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Card Flippers List on NET54 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242398)

x2drich2000 07-15-2017 03:11 PM

I have no problem with anyone buying something on the board and then flipping it on Ebay, through an auction house, or even listing it for sale on the board again once they receive it. I know I've done it several times and I'm sure I'll do it again in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc6252 (Post 1681234)
I once read that members should not post in the monthly pick-up thread if they plan on selling quickly.

This is one of my pet peeves. I feel the monthly pick up thread should be kept to cards you plan on keeping for your personal collection, not for items you are planning to resell 2 days later. Could you imagine what the pickup threads would be like if everyone posted everything they were planning to resell?

DJ

ALR-bishop 07-15-2017 03:18 PM

I had not considered flipping the cards I have bought from Levi :)

njdunkin1 07-15-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huysmans (Post 1681230)
You can do whatever you want with a card you purchase...correct. But why can't the OP DO THE SAME? If he currently owns card A, then doesn't he have a right to do WHAT HE CHOOSES WITH IT? And in this case, he's clearly stated he doesn't want to sell to quick flippers. So please let's stop with the hypocrisy.... If you "have the privilege of doing whatever" you would like with the cards you own, its funny that you have no problem judging that its "poor form to be selective about who you are selling to", when it comes to what someone ELSE wants to do with THEIR cards.

I don't disagree. It's a two way street, undoubtedly. If you would like to share a civil conversation through PM, I would be happy to provide more details as to why I wrote my previous statement.
NJ Dunkin

Huysmans 07-15-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1681244)
I don't disagree. It's a two way street, undoubtedly. If you would like to share a civil conversation through PM, I would be happy to provide more details as to why I wrote my previous statement.
NJ Dunkin

Hey NJ, no need to PM. I was just trying to say let the guy sell to who he wants.
I apologize if it came off harsh, it was nothing personal. Take care.

Brent

steve B 07-15-2017 04:17 PM

The flipping thing doesn't bother me. I think many of us do it at least a little.

I don't sell much, especially older stuff where I don't have extra copies of a card. But with newer stuff I have extras, sometimes loads of them.

Having sold at Shows, flea markets, ebay, here, and directly to dealers, overall, and I know this will be unusual, I prefer selling to dealers. I've never had it be a difficult process. I have these cards can you use any of them? Yes, this one, but I can only pay x for it. Ok, that's fine.
If there's negotiation, it's very brief, "I can pay 50" "How about 55?" " No, I can only do 50" or "sure that's not much more."
OR sorry, I can't go that low. (Never actually happened, probably because most direct single card sales are likely almost pre-sold so the offer is decent.)

I also enjoy some selling to collectors, but some make the process as drawn out and difficult as possible. "your card is horrible, but I really want/ need it because......so I'll pay you 10%" Umm....no thanks.

I will say that almost every sale here has been the better sort. :D

Steve B

RedsFan1941 07-15-2017 04:35 PM

I for one am grateful to the net54 flippers who secure cards from major auctions and then offer the opportunity to buy them at a 30% markup within a week of the auction ending.

FLIPPERS FOREVER!!!!!!

bobbyw8469 07-15-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1681261)
I for one am grateful to the net54 flippers who secure cards from major auctions and then offer the opportunity to buy them at a 30% markup within a week of the auction ending.

FLIPPERS FOREVER!!!!!!

30% markup?? You underestimate how competitive the card market is. Try 5-10%.

RedsFan1941 07-15-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1681273)
30% markup?? You underestimate how competitive the card market is. Try 5-10%.

Try looking at the BST a week or two after an REA or HEritage auction. 30% markups. Minimum.

Peter_Spaeth 07-15-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1681274)
Try looking at the BST a week or two after an REA or HEritage auction. 30% markups. Minimum.

I am not seeing the issue.

kailes2872 07-15-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1681274)

In the case where they put 10 grand into a 5-10 card lot and then cut it up and sell them individually, I have no issue (not that it matters if I have an issue - they can do as they please). Cash is king and if they put out the $ for the lot to pull out the white meat that they need and then sell off the rest to get their money back, more power to them and props to them for having the cash to buy bulk wholesale